Reviews for Salter Electric

613-748-6202
819 Contour st
Ottawa
K1W 1G2

Recently moved to Ottawa, had no idea who to call. Found Salter Electric online, very happy I did!
Steve showed up on time, was pleasant, respectful, and personable, and stuck to the quote he had given me over the phone. He answered all my questions and gave recommendations.
Steve was very professional, knowledgeable and completed the work quickly and efficiently.
Most excellent customer experience! I will recommend, and will call back if I need additional work in the future.

Thank you for your kind words we look forward to working with again in the future.

Pablo in Ottawa
Pablo in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

varied electrical work in an old house

I bought an older house (1930s) and the inspector said there might be aluminum wiring that would need to be pigtailed. Richard was able to come give the house a look and give me an estimate right away and within 4 days I had two of his guys in my house. He also told me that some of the things noted by the inspector can wait, so instead of trying to push to sell me more service, he actually tried to make sure I got what I needed.

They worked all day, from 9 to almost 4, no breaks, and confirmed that there was no aluminum wiring but replaced at least 12 ungrounded outlets with gfci, installed a bathroom fan and did the rough in electrical work for a whole bathroom, moved an outlet that was too close to the kitchen counter, fixed some wiring that was coming through the floor and going back on the wall.

We were very happy with the service and will A) recommend their service to our friends B) call them again to finish a couple of things in the next few weeks.

Great service at a great price. 1.6k for two guys includes taxes and materials used. Can't beat that.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that we meet and exceeded your expectations. We take pride in delivering excellent customer service and workmanship. We look forward to working with you on your future electrical needs.

Joe J in Gloucester
Joe J in Gloucester

professional, reliable service

I called Salter Electric to come and help with some light switches that weren't working, Steve showed up promptly and within 20 mins found the problem and replaced a faulty exterior outlet. Job was done professionally and clean.

Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. We strive to exceed customer s expectations.

Paul in Gloucester
Paul in Gloucester

Electrical panel

Changed the electrical panel. Found a fault with one of my outlets and fixed it. Made the arrangements with Hydro Ottawa, who also were excellent. Charged very close to the quote. Finished well before the expected time. Panel has more capacity and is functioning perfectly, unlike the one it replaced (he showed me its problems on the first visit).
Excellent service. Received a certificate of Inspection as well. Highly recommended

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are happy we meet your expectation and hope to have the pleasure of working with you again in the future.

Cal in Gloucester
Cal in Gloucester
1 review Ottawa, ON

Awesome Service and Amazing Price!

I had my entire panel changed. Excellent price, no additional fees like some other businesses. Steve came in and installed the panel in a timely manner. I'm sure he could have probably done it with his eyes shut. Excellent service and on time! I will definitely be calling him again to do any of my electrical around the house.

We are happy you were pleased with our service and hope that we can be of assistance for your future electrical needs.

Steven in Ottawa
Steven in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Repair broken light fixtures in basement

Steve came in as promised and quickly diagnosed the issue. It was three broken light fixtures. He replaced them all, and rewrote some labels that were incorrect on my fusebox. Great work. Thank you!

We appreciate your kind words and look forward to helping you on the next one.

fran K in Griffith
fran K in Griffith
1 review Griffith, ON

Electrical outlets in entire home PLUS basement reno work

We purchased an older home that needed a complete check and replacement of all the electrical outlets in our 2-story home (over 40) as well as putting in new wiring /outlets in a basement apartment and overhaul of our electrical panel (removal of some heavy generator wiring). Steve was amazing and efficient and his workers were the same! He was professional and thorough, giving much-needed advice and saving us money by his suggestions! I would HIGHLY recommend this company to anyone needing any electrical work, large or small!

Thank you and glad we could help.
Regards

Chris B in Gloucester
Chris B in Gloucester
1 review Ottawa, ON

Panel update and outlet install

Steve came out, on a long weekend no less, and took care of the job quickly, professionally and affordably. Very pleased with the work, would absolutely recommend them to anyone!

Glad I could help out. Appreciate your kind review.
Regards

Kirk in Gloucester
Kirk in Gloucester

Bathroom Reno & Pot Lights

Had Steve and his crew do a variety of jobs recently. Provided the electrical for 2 bathroom renos. Then they put pot lights in rooms on the main floor that I never thought could be installed without tearing the roof apart. They were somehow able to easily place as many pot lights as we wanted without as much as a drop of drywall dust left behind. The pot lights immediately modernized the look of our family room and dining room.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We always aim to meet and exceed our clients expectations in service and workman ship. We look forward the helping you with your future electrical needs.

Jake in Gloucester
Jake in Gloucester

Electrical Work

Had new electrical panel installed. Service was above and beyond. Will be calling Salter Electric for all our future electrical needs. Would highly recommend Salter Electric to anyone needing quality electrical work.

We look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

More about Salter Electric

Salter Electric, Inc. was founded by my father Richard Salter in 1965 and the company has continued to service Ottawa’s electrical residential and commercial service needs ever since.
Our goal is to always provide an unsurpassed level of professionalism on the job. Customer service is our top priority and we strive to surpass expectations at every turn. That’s how we has built our network of happy loyal customers in the Ottawa area.