HomeStars  >  Electricians in Ottawa  >  Salter Electric
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Salter Electric

Elizabeth Wheeler in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

I have called upon the services of Mr. Steve Salter several times. Today I called to book an appointment with Mr. Salter and he called back immediately, told me he was just a couple of blocks away and appeared at my door minutes later. He is always able to diagnose and fix the problem immediately. He arrives exactly when he says he will, is very fast and competent and leaves the work site clean and neat. In addition, he is a very friendly and affable gentleman and takes great pride in his work and his family business. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Salter for any job; big or small. My only regret is that I did not meet him years ago.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are very happy to have gained your trust and look forward to assist you with you future electrical needs.

Cc Acadie  in
1 review Ottawa, ON

Salter Electric is absolutely amazing. The owner showed up with one employee, the service was Great, professionnal, job done quickly and efficiently. Steve even went beyond the scope of the job and checked another faulty connection we had. He wanted to know if the previous job was done correctly and up to code. He figured out the issue in no time and everything is working perfectly. I would use them again.

Job Price

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I hope you will will be able to help you with you future electrical needs.

Charles in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Salter Electric returned my call promptly and was at my house the next morning. One of the electrical circuits in my house went dead and all the breakers in the panel were on.

Steve methodically debugged the issue and tracked it down to a bad GFCI outlet. The outlet was replaced and everything was functional again.

Steve was courteous and competent. I would call Salter Electric again in the future for further electrician needs.

Job Price

Thank you Charles for taking the time to write a review. I am happy you were pleased with our service and hope to have have made another loyal customer.

Jenn in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

We have two televisions that we want to mount on the walls in our home. Steve was able to book us an appointment within a week's time. Punctual, friendly service and a job well done! Will be contacting the company again the next time we need electrical work done.

Job Price

Thank you for choosing us for your electrical need. WE are pleased that we meet your expectation and look forward to service you in the future.

Lauren in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

I'm very pleased with the service provided by Salter Electric to replace 3 lighting fixtures. Work included removing wall-mount light fixtures & box and installing new ceiling-mount light fixtures in two bedrooms. They also removed my existing dining room fixture, moved the box so it was properly centered over the dining room table, and installed the new fixture (including adding a dimmer switch).

Steve was very informative and helpful in providing the quote, and Ryan and Pat who did the work were very friendly, clean, and professional. I was very comfortable having them in my house, and they did excellent work (including clean up).

I highly recommend Salter Electric & they will be my 'go to' contractor for any future electrical work.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was a pleasure working with you and we look forward to helping you with your future electrical needs.

Jennifer  in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Had no power in livingroom. Called salter electric. Steve asked if i could flick breakers again and i did and the power came back. He saved me 175$ . I was impressed with Steve's positive attitude and great customer service. I will call them for any electrial issues i have in my house and will recommend salter electric to anyone!! Thanks very much.

Job Price

Thanks for taking the time for the review. Being fair and honest is good Karma.

Moyra in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

From the moment my call was returned within 5 minutes of leaving a message, I was impressed! Within 3 hours there was an electrician at my door. He diagnosed and repaired the problem within an hour and the power was restored.
When I inadvertently blew the breakers that very same night :( the owner was available via text and phone. When I couldn't figure things out, he came back the next day at no extra charge.
In this day and age, customer service is sadly lacking in many (most?) organizations. I can wholeheartedly endorse Salter as an exceptional company! Thank you!

Job Price

Thank you for your kind words, we are glad to have been of assistance and hope that we can help you with you future electrical needs.

Evan in Ottawa
2 reviews Ottawa, ON

Our thanks go out to Salter Electric for the electrical installation for our totally renovated basement family room and bathroom. Salter Electric delivered exactly what we were hoping for; even exceeding our expectations. As sub-contractors, Steve and his assistant were professional, courteous and attentive to us as the homeowners. They took care of the necessary permit and the work passed inspection without a hitch. Based on our experience, Salter Electric will be our 'go to' for any electrical service in the future.

Job Price

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was our pleasure working with you and hope we will have the chance to assist you with you future electrical needs.

Hamish in Ottawa
1 review , PQ

We had some trouble with under counter lights in our kitchen. We had used a different electrician for the initial installation and weren't thrilled with the service. I tried Salter based on reviews and their bio. I explained the problem and what I had already done to try to address it. Salter explained that a service call would be $150, but that maybe I should try one more thing first. Well I did and it worked.

Now, they didn't have to give out free advice, but they saved me $150. The call was friendly, responsive and truly helpful. The next time I need an electrician, Salter will be the company that I call.

Job Price

Thank you for your kind review. We treat people the way we would like to be treated. We are very pleased that our advice worked out for you. We look forward to helping you with you future electrical needs.

Nick in Orleans
1 review Ottawa, ON

Steve was professional, clearly knowledgeable, and reliable. He coordinated with Ottawa Hydro and the ESA and got the job done in a timely manner. He was patient with my questions and responded in a timely manner. I would call him again for future electrical needs and would recommend him to friends.

Job Price

Hi Nick I am glad you were satisfied with our services. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, your feed back allows us to ensure that we are meeting our clients needs and expectations. We look forward to working with you in the future for your electrical.

More about Salter Electric

Salter Electric, Inc. was founded by my father Richard Salter in 1965 and the company has continued to service Ottawa’s electrical residential and commercial service needs ever since.
Our goal is to always provide an unsurpassed level of professionalism on the job. Customer service is our top priority and we strive to surpass expectations at every turn. That’s how we has built our network of happy loyal customers in the Ottawa area.