Fabricland

Reviews for Fabricland

Jill in Calgary
Jill in Calgary

Living room chair.

I have a 70s-era chair in my house that had been scruffed up from years of wear (not to mention being out-of-date!). I decided a few weeks ago that I may be able to improve the room with a quick fix. Having never done anything like it, I went to Fabricland and was pleasantly surprised to have really useful guidance on both fabrics and process. Location was a bit far, but it worked a charm.

Luz from Edmonton
Luz from Edmonton
1 review New Westminster, BC

Fabricland, New Westminster BC

I went to this Fabricland Store in New Westminster upon the prodding of my friend during my visit to the Lower Mainland. This NEw West Fabricland had staff who couldn't care less if you bought something or not. They were busy with merchandising rather than helping customers. During my stay in BC for 1 month, I often visited this place for my hobby and I found that the staff had to call on each other to help a customer. One lady, for example, who had initial S in her name, pretended she did not see the customers lined up at the till. She cut crookedly so that if you're just buying a meter for a skirt, buy another half for her margin of error. The other Fabricland I visited located in Vancouver area had staff more helpful and accommodating. But the one in New Westminster, at any given time, there would be 4 staff in an empty morning shop and no one, I mean NO ONE could help as each staff would be busy decorating or sorting, or pricing. If you approach a staff, she look for another staff, yell her name and she would tell the customer, "go to her." She'll help you. The cutting tables were always filled with boxes, stuff, merchandise for shelving. This is no comparison to the one in Edmonton.

marie in rundle
marie in rundle

Drapes

Wanted to change my drapes in the hall room for Christmas.Where else would a sew enthusiast go for a good selection but Fabricland. I had a great mind blowing experience while purchasing, so much good material and prints to choose from. the different shades of colours were amazing.One suggestion though, less space to walk freely in the store

Sarah Andre from Calgary
Sarah Andre from Calgary

Fabric

I often find what I am looking for, love searching through the clearance items for the best deals and the sales for members can be really great. The staff is hit and miss, some are knowledgeable and avid sew enthusiasts and some are not.

Tammy in Calgary
Tammy in Calgary
2 reviews CALGARY, AB

Sewing Baby Gifts

Don't be alarmed when you first walk in, as it doesn't look like it's been kept up since the place opened. I did feel a bit uncomfortable when I first walked in, as it was something from the '70s where you'd expected to find your great grandmother. However, everything is easy to find and when they aren't too busy, the staff will spend lots of time helping pick out the right fabric and such.

Calgary Lady
Calgary Lady

Moldproof patio furniture material

I rescued some nice chunky wood furniture from someone's back alley garbage. All that needed to be done was sand & stain the wood and make new upholstery. They had a fair amount of variety however I would like to see a little more stock. Not bad but fairly pricey, I guess that's how it goes!

Rhiannon morse in Calgary
Rhiannon morse in Calgary

Baby Blanket

I was making a fleece blanket for a friend of mine, and the staff were very helpful in finding the right material, and the edging - even when one store didn't have enough they phoned to find another store with the right material to save me from running around aimlessly. Will always go back to them when I have a fabric project.

Gerri King in Calgary
Gerri King in Calgary

Fabricland

What I love about Fabricland is the great selection and prices. I wanted some reasonable priced material to make a cover but didn't want to spend alot. Fabricland had a great selection of material at reduced prices. I would recommend this store to the professional sewer or a newbie like me that doesn't want to spend alot on material when you are just learning how to sew. The staff was quite helpful in showing me what they had.

Jeanette in Calgary
Jeanette in Calgary

fabric store with everything

great store... I have always found what I needed every time that I've gone in. They also have great sales for members. Fabulous prints for kids and babies. Good drape selection too.

Canadalou in De winton
Canadalou in De winton
4 reviews DE WINTON, AB

Fabric

I love this store! They offer a vast selection of fabrics at very cheap prices. I found their quilt batting on sale for half the cost of anywhere else in the city, definitely worth a trip.