Solus Decor Inc

liquin in Calgary
liquin in Calgary
3 reviews CALGARY, AB

Do NOT use this company

I live in Calgary and thought highly of Solus's products, so I ordered a surround from Vancouver in March of 2011. It's Nov. 29, 2011and 3 screwed up hearths later we await the 4th hearth, due to be shipped the end of February. The first hearth we blamed our builder for not inspecting it prior to install and found a toonie size oil / water mark that could not be removed. After all is said and done, we discover it's a flaw in the mixture. The builder took responsiblity and paid for the second surround. The second surround came and again apparently 'when they poured the mixture there was too much water in it' causing more water spots and lines. The third hearth (the worst one of all) looked like they tried to putty up the holes that surfaced after the curing process. I swear someone had their 5 year old use silly putty to try and fix it.. I understand mistakes happen but 4 bloody hearths after the fact....come on now! Sure they apologized but how many times do they have to do this before they get it right....what about some compasation for myself and the builder? In total between myself (the homeowner) and the builder this has cost us close to $20,000. Again, compansation, if you dare ask? 0....Nothing.... Zilch. Would I recommend Solus decor not in a million years.