Fence-All

3160 Hawthorne Road Ottawa ON K1G 5H5

Reviews for Fence-All

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Stair Railings

Very professional sales people. My front door doesn't have hand rails..With aging parents - I needed them ASAP. I purchased two excellent quality hand rails as a walk-in customer, custom ordered the lenght and received within 3 days. Very Pleased

Private User reviews Gatineau, QC

These guys are the best

I hired these guys last year to create a fenced in area in my yard for my dogs. First, I booked my consultation on-line and was very pleasantly surprised to see that they showed up at my house on-time and as planned. From that time on the service was great, any questions I had were answered within minutes of my e-mailing the company. The job ended up to be fairly difficult (I had lot of solid rock in my yard) but they ended up getting a piece of equipment to break through the rock (other companies just told me they could not do it) and did a phenomenal job. The guys even placed large rocks around the base of my fence where there were some gaps due to the un-level nature of my yard just to make sure my dogs would not be able to get out (this was over any above anything I asked). Not only would I strongly recommend them, I plan to expand my fence in the Spring and will be calling them to do the job.

Lisa in Ottawa
Lisa in Ottawa
3 reviews Ottawa, ON

New Fence Installation

I received 4 quotes for my new fence (2 sides) - new chainlink fence backing onto a park requiring a gate ; and wrought iron fence along my driveway with a gate also. Fence All was quick to respond and came fast to give me a quote and discuss the job. The quote was along the same lines as the other companies (way lower than one), and I liked Glenn's demeanor. I couldn't make up my mind for a while but Glenn met me at the Fence All office and showed me samples which was very helpful. I signed up and was told it would be about 6-8 weeks for installation. The fence was installed 2 weeks early which was great!
There was one issue where I needed some trees cut and a path made from the back fence into the park I back onto. Glenn said it would take them about 2 hours and charged me $300. When the men came to install they knew nothing about clearing trees or making a path. Luckily I had some branch cutters which they used for 15 minutes in order to get the new fence in. When I talked to Glenn about it, he apologized for the confusion and refunded me the $300 immediately.
The fence is lovely and I am very happy with their job. I would definitely recommend them.

Terry in Toronto
Terry in Toronto
1 review Ottawa, ON

Fence Posts Repair

Very professional crew, answered all my questions, explained everything they were doing. Job done two weeks earlier than originally planned, with excellent communication along the way. I will definitely recommend to my neighbours, who are experiencing the same frost lift issues!

Tricia Ho from Ottawa
Tricia Ho from Ottawa
6 reviews Ottawa, ON

Gate and fence

Fence All came to replace our sagging wooden garden gate and the small fence that was attached to the house, which the gate was hung on. They replaced the old wood with wrought iron. Excellent product, excellent service. From quote to finished product, they were very quick, kept me updated on the project, answered all my questions promptly and when the installers showed up on the scheduled day, they were on time, very efficient and very courteous. My experience was 100% positive and I would use them again for any fencing or deck project in the future.

Unhappy from Clarence-Rockland
Unhappy from Clarence-Rockland
1 review Rockland, ON

Deck

Contracted with Fenceall for a 10x16 composite deck with vinyl railing and some stairs.
They used brads to secure the decking to the deck frame. I was told after I complained that there was extra cost if I wanted screws. Unfortunately I was not told this BEFORE the installation. I would have paid for screws, which should be standard anyway. Who fastens deck boards with brads?

The railing is only fastened to the deck boards. When I told the installer that I thought it should have blocking to provide support from the deck frame, he told me it wasn't necessary. I disagreed. When he came to my door after finishing the installation he told me that he had in fact blocked the railing. When I saw what he did, I was bemused. He used small blocks of wood like a washer to screw into. The blocks of wood are not attached to anything. They are less than useless. When I complained about the 'blocking', I was told that the railing was covered by the warranty and that if there is a problem they would take care of it. Of course, it the rail gives way and someone breaks their neck, the warranty won't help. Also, the warranty is only for a year.

The posts that support the deck are fastened to the beam with NAILS. This should have been carriage bolts.

The deck is screwed into the house rim joist OVER the existing sheathing. No measures have been taken to mitigate water damage to the house.

Fence-All got the contract and my money by offering a "no tax if paid in full in advance" offer. This was worth over $1000. I stupidly took the deal. They then proceeded to install the quickest and cheapest deck they could get away with.

I would not use them for any work!

The internet is full of opinions regarding decks screws or nails and, after installing decks for almost all of our 40 years in business, we have never had a single occasion of failure from either.
SO rather than argue with homeowners, who may have a strong opinion either way, WE OFFER BOTH. Obviously it's very difficult to change after construction - especially when compared to a stroke of the pen beforehand.

WE HAVE MADE A CHANGE, particularly after we completed this project, and we've added an indication of _Nails or _Screws VERY CLEARLY on our order form, to avoid this type of possibility for disappointing customers either way.

As for the railing, at least one of the fasteners would be going in to the rim joist and BOTH a composite deck and a vinyl railing would be covered with a lifetime warranty (not just 1 year...unless there's something I'm missing or something's missing in the note above).
In our almost 30 years of installing vinyl fences, decks & railings; I can't remember a single incident of any railing giving away.

I truly am sorry we weren't able to capture all of your expectations before construction...and hope that you do recognize that this is exactly what we are trying to avoid with all of the photo's, sketches, product information, schematics, do-it-yourself instructions, etc. that we make available on our website.

dan. marunda from Nepean
dan. marunda from Nepean
2 reviews Nepean, ON

pvc fence

They Are very good in what they do. The sales people are excellent in explaining what they offer ; and the installers deliver exact service the sales people promised a home owner.

Sarah Biggs from Ottawa
Sarah Biggs from Ottawa
12 reviews , ON

Backyard Fence

Living in a townhouse there isn't much of a backyard and you are starring directly into your nieghbours kitchen. So we but up a fence to help us with some privacy. Fence all was not the cheapest quote but there were very professional and helpful as they knew the area that we were in.

Kamlesh in Ottawa
Kamlesh in Ottawa
2 reviews OTTAWA, ON

fence

Got pool fence by these guys. They're pretty good, the workers were on time. No hassles regarding what I asked and what they provided. Everything was done with transparency. They even advised me regarding fencing rules when I was unaware. Good people, and honest business.

Vicki Pat from Ottawa
Vicki Pat from Ottawa
3 reviews OTTAWA, ON

Fence around front yard

I bought a new house, for which I needed a picket fence. We gave them a specific dimension and they gave us a time frame they would do it in. THey followed through. The staff was polite and courteous and answered most of the questions we had.

More about Fence-All

Since 1976, Ottawa's answer for Fences, Decks, Railings and Gates. Buy direct from the Manufacturer. Installed or Materials Only.
Looking for Fences & Gates pros in Ottawa?