Mr Potlight

Lighting
Toronto ON M6J 1P9

Best of the Best '22
Best of Award '22 winner 10 timesBest of the Best '22 Best of Award '22winner 10 times

Reviews for Mr Potlight

FrankS in Vaughan
FrankS in Vaughan

Fast, efficient, extremely will done!

John and his crew were right on time to install pot lights on the main floor of our house. They were extremely efficient and took exceptional care to make sure my furniture was protected and gently moved items when necessary and then covered them with plastic. They were able to install 20 spotlights and a switch in about 3.5 hours. I also had John remove old fixtures in the ceiling. He made sure that the holes were covered. Considering the number of years I had had the fixtures up, the ceiling looks amazing. Immaculate job. The pot lights make the rooms look amazing.I would recommend John without hesitation.

Ron
Ron

Very professional and beautiful results

The team at Mr Potlight had great suggestions, were friendly, and very professional.
The result speaks for itself. Our space has been transformed and is beautiful!
We are thrilled to recommend them on this platform and to everyone we know.

Thank you!

Elina in Toronto
Elina in Toronto

Dishonest and unprofessional

I had my lights installed with him at the end of 2017. And like most reviews said, they did a fine job. Quick, professional, clean, looked nice. It was everything you expected it to be.

The problem came about a few years later when the lights started to burn out. First time we contacted him about this issue, he showed up twice unannounced. One time we weren't home, another time he disrupted an important work meeting but I had to let them come in to fix the lights as it was dragging on. A year later, other lights started to burn out at a ridiculous rate. One by one they started to malfunction to the point where 5 out of 12 lights were burnt. Both my husband and I have tried to call/email/text him since October 2021. He would screen our calls and ignore voice mails and emails. Occasionally he would respond and tell us to call him on X day or send him a note, but doesn't follow up. It took him almost a year to finally arrange for a time to come fix them. I'm still within the "5 year warranty" so they should have been fixed for free. But no, he charged me $20 a light and said the warranty was for direct to the manufacturer only. His warranty covers only 2 years and if you want the 5 year free warranty, you have to go bring the lights to the store and change them yourself. NO WHERE is this listed on his site and he has never mentioned this to me when I contacted him countless times to come fix them under warranty. He didn't mention that I needed to pay until AFTER his guy fixed the lights. I feel like he totally deceived me and the warranty is a complete joke. He also made it seem like he was doing me a favor by "only" charging $20 a light. If its just 2 years warranty, then be upfront about it. Don't list it as a 5 year warranty if you only cover 2! My husband tried to call him after to talk about this (I was home alone with a baby when his guy came to fix it and I wasn't going to argue by myself) and John was rude and hung up on him. I will be contacting BBB to have this flagged as this is false advertising.

If you want the lights installed, they will do fine. But if anything goes wrong with the lights (and they will!), you will have to go through a very frustrating process dealing with a very dishonest and unprofessional person.

Simona
Simona

Potlights installation

I highly recommend Mr. Potlight.
We were looking to update the look of ceilings by installing pot lights in the living room, dining room, kitchen and hallways. In total there were installed 28 pot lights. John and his crew were punctual, very quick, clean and so pleasant to deal with. We are very happy with the result and the cost of the project.

Larry Fabbri from Etobicoke
Larry Fabbri from Etobicoke

Potlight installation

We were looking to update the look of our almost 60 year old home. One of the upgrades we did was to install pot lights in the living room, dining room, kitchen and family room. In total we installed 33 inside and another 4 outside. John and his crew were quick, clean and so pleasant to deal with. We are incredibly happy with the result and the cost of the project. This is without a doubt the easiest renovation transaction I have ever experienced. I highly recommend Mr. Potlight.

Potlights

I cant say enough about this company. We installed 42 Pot-lights in our home recently and I couldnt be happier with the job. They were, professional, respectful and a pleasure to work work with. If you hire them you wont be disappointed. Throughout the project I was waiting to hear excuses as to why we wouldnt be able to place a light in a certain area etc. But these guys know how to problem solve and plan out a perfect design. I would definitely hire them again.

Raj V
Raj V
15 reviews King City, ON

Amazing Service - Exterior Soffit "Potlights" - Would Hire Again / Highly Recommended

Our family for the lengthiest period always wanted to add exterior soffit / potlights to our home. We were the only house on the block without it. My son came across Mr.Potlight on HomeStars and also got recommendations through RedFlagDeals.

My son sent an email to Mr.Potlight on the evening of March 14th, 2022. John from Mr. Potlight sent an email to him the next day on March 15th less than 24 hours. First of all this is amazing and very rare for an organization to get back to a customer's request within 24 hours, especially given the pandemic. John informed my son for him to contact Hossain.

My son contacted Hossain on Wednesday and left a voice mail. Hossain called back within 10 mins and apologized. Again this shows you exceptional customer service. They spoke over the phone and Hossain gave a breakdown of the cost of installation parts included and said that he will visit on the Friday to look at the house along with his coworker/partner - Ray. They both arrived on Friday earlier than the scheduled time and gave a full quote + gave suggestions / ideas.

We were happy with the quote and ideas and decided to book the appointment for this coming Friday - March 25th, 2022. However, Hossain texted my son saying that Ray and him will come on Thursday morning at 8:30AM due to the weather on Friday.

Hossain showed up 10 mins before the appointment this morning, and both Ray and him got to work.

Once everything was done, Hossain showed us a demonstration of the potlights and even assisted in setting up the smart app. We asked them to replace a light bulb for one of the driveway/garage's fixture and they did.

Here's the breakdown:

1) Professionalism - 10/10

2) Tidiness - 10/10 - kept the work area clean and cleaned up after any mess

3) Pricing - 10/10

4) Quality of material used (pot lights and smart switch) - 10/10

5) Quality of work - 10/10

Overall we were impressed with the work of both Hossain and Ray. Definitely recommend them for any potligt installation be it inside or outside. Inclusive of any other electrical work as others have also mentioned on here.

Bart
Bart

Replace and add pot lights

John and his team where very professional and did a great job. They were quite flexible in their approach and the work was completed in a few hours. When we wanted to add an unplanned light it was quickly included.

Sab
Sab
6 reviews Aurora, ON

Great work - would definitely hire again

John and his team from Mr. Potlight did a fantastic job - punctual, professional. I’m very pleased with the results (had 8 lights installed in kitchen). Work was done in under two hours and the room was left very clean. Would definitely hire again.

Diana in Toronto
Diana in Toronto
0 reviews North York, ON

Main Floor and 2nd floor hallway

Very responsive to customer request for appointment. The entire crew that showed on site was very punctual and organized. Everyone knew what their task was and did not lose a minute.Very efficient work, no damage created. Friendly and proffesional service throughout. Very reasonable costs.
Kudos to John and his crew, many thanks.

More about Mr Potlight

Electrician, Lights, Potlights

Mr Potlight has over 25 years of experience of residential electrical services (roughing, wiring, trouble shooting, and installation). Mr Potlight is trademarked and patent pending
Innovation that provides quality and cost effective solutions to homes.

Pot Lights