Mr Potlight

Reviews for Mr Potlight

Brian
Brian

Pots and switches

Absolutely amazed by the knowledge and their creativity. From designing the layout to rewiring the switches to the way you would do it in a new construction, nothing can stop them. Mohammed was my project manager and he was able to execute the entire project flawlessly. Very poised, patient and professional. I highly recommend Mr. Potlight.

Kid247 in Brampton
Kid247 in Brampton

The best of the best!

Once again, John and company responded to our potlight replacement issue quickly, efficiently and free of charge. I highly recommend this team for being the best in the business. They not only give you amazing rates and services on your initial install but the follow up service and treatment is equally admirable. Do not hesitate to call oh Mr. Potlight no matter where you are in the city. They will not disappoint!

Imcl
Imcl
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Install kitchen pot lights and replace basement lights

The encounter was positive from beginning to end. Workers were helpful completed the work on time and with no mess. Thanks!

Anand from Thornhill
Anand from Thornhill
2 reviews , ON

Potlights replacement

Had 15 potlights that were burnt out and needed complete replacement. Called these guys and the job was done two hours later! They even changed two extra potlights but accident and didn't charge me.

Private User reviews Markham, ON

Potlights replacement

Called for services a day before, job gets done a day after. Great service and professional.

Randi in Mississauga
Randi in Mississauga

Installed Potlights

Recommened to me and I was not disappointed. John and his team arrived on time and added additional items as they were identified. They were tidy and cleaned up when they were finished.

Babak in Toronto
Babak in Toronto

Indoor Potlight

They are super professional, quick, no mess at all and they do the job without any damage, I asked couple of different contractors, all told me they have to make couple of damage in the walls except Mr. Pot Light. Highly recommended

FrankS in Vaughan
FrankS in Vaughan

Fast, efficient, extremely will done!

John and his crew were right on time to install pot lights on the main floor of our house. They were extremely efficient and took exceptional care to make sure my furniture was protected and gently moved items when necessary and then covered them with plastic. They were able to install 20 spotlights and a switch in about 3.5 hours. I also had John remove old fixtures in the ceiling. He made sure that the holes were covered. Considering the number of years I had had the fixtures up, the ceiling looks amazing. Immaculate job. The pot lights make the rooms look amazing.I would recommend John without hesitation.

Ron
Ron

Very professional and beautiful results

The team at Mr Potlight had great suggestions, were friendly, and very professional.
The result speaks for itself. Our space has been transformed and is beautiful!
We are thrilled to recommend them on this platform and to everyone we know.

Thank you!

Elina in Toronto
Elina in Toronto

Dishonest and unprofessional

I had my lights installed with him at the end of 2017. And like most reviews said, they did a fine job. Quick, professional, clean, looked nice. It was everything you expected it to be.

The problem came about a few years later when the lights started to burn out. First time we contacted him about this issue, he showed up twice unannounced. One time we weren't home, another time he disrupted an important work meeting but I had to let them come in to fix the lights as it was dragging on. A year later, other lights started to burn out at a ridiculous rate. One by one they started to malfunction to the point where 5 out of 12 lights were burnt. Both my husband and I have tried to call/email/text him since October 2021. He would screen our calls and ignore voice mails and emails. Occasionally he would respond and tell us to call him on X day or send him a note, but doesn't follow up. It took him almost a year to finally arrange for a time to come fix them. I'm still within the "5 year warranty" so they should have been fixed for free. But no, he charged me $20 a light and said the warranty was for direct to the manufacturer only. His warranty covers only 2 years and if you want the 5 year free warranty, you have to go bring the lights to the store and change them yourself. NO WHERE is this listed on his site and he has never mentioned this to me when I contacted him countless times to come fix them under warranty. He didn't mention that I needed to pay until AFTER his guy fixed the lights. I feel like he totally deceived me and the warranty is a complete joke. He also made it seem like he was doing me a favor by "only" charging $20 a light. If its just 2 years warranty, then be upfront about it. Don't list it as a 5 year warranty if you only cover 2! My husband tried to call him after to talk about this (I was home alone with a baby when his guy came to fix it and I wasn't going to argue by myself) and John was rude and hung up on him. I will be contacting BBB to have this flagged as this is false advertising.

If you want the lights installed, they will do fine. But if anything goes wrong with the lights (and they will!), you will have to go through a very frustrating process dealing with a very dishonest and unprofessional person.

More about Mr Potlight

Electrician, Lights, Potlights

Mr Potlight has over 25 years of experience of residential electrical services (roughing, wiring, trouble shooting, and installation). Mr Potlight is trademarked and patent pending
Innovation that provides quality and cost effective solutions to homes.

Pot Lights