Richcraft Homes

Reviews for Richcraft Homes

Ifeanyi in Scarborough
Ifeanyi in Scarborough

Richcraft Grafton model - Trailsedge Phase 2

Our experience with Richcraft has been a pleasant and wonderful one. We had concerns going by the mixed reviews all over the internet, but stayed optimistic that so far the issues were of a practical nature we'd work it out with our chosen builder. Eventually we settled for Richcraft after visiting the models and visiting the homes of friends (by different builders and Richcraft).

Starting with the Sales team at Trailsedge (Angela is a star!!), to the guidance of the Design center staff (awesome Amanda!) and the Service team (go Ron!), we receive far superior support to our second-choice builder.

We have lived in our home for 1month+ and have no major problems. All issues are being addressed per the 24-hr and 30-day home inspection services in a satisfactory manner.
In summary, the little things matter a lot in a building and Richcraft came out tops after we evaluated the top-5 builders across Ottawa (friends homes, neighborhoods, models & reviews). We are happy we bought a Richcraft home and...here's to your new home!

Hello Ifeanyi,

Congratulations on your new home!

Thank you for taking a moment to acknowledge the hard work of our team here at Richcraft. We'll share this feedback with our team members involved to pass along your gratitude. We hope you continue to enjoy your Richcraft Home for years to come.

Congrats again!

Michele in Ottawa
Michele in Ottawa

Trailsedge Phase 2

My hubby and I have been in our home for almost a full year in Trailsedge, Orleans. Richcraft addressed any and all concerns I had a long the way. I'm happy with the way the finishes turned out and I'm very happy with the design and location of my home. I'm confident in the appreciating value and happy to recommend to friends.

Hello Michele,

Congratulations on your one-year anniversary! We'd be happy to share this feedback with our team in Trailsedge and the Design Centre. More than anything we're happy to hear that you had a team who took the time to answer your questions.

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Phenomenal design and superior craftsmanship, supported by a dedicated sales team!

Really professional and dedicated sales team! They were always prompt in responding to our queries, walked us through every step, and helped us customize and build the house of our dreams! Kudos to the Design Centre and their team as well! They had really insightful suggestions, and worked with us, ensuring our new property met all our needs. We would not hesitate to recommend Richcraft to anyone looking for a good quality home. Thank you so much for everything!

Hello,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience about our teams. We're happy to hear that you had a professional experience from sales to design.

Congratulations on the house of your dreams!

Worst Home Builder in Ottawa

This home builder uses very cheap material. Don't be fooled by their luxious looks. The walls and quality is very cheap. I will not recommend anyone to buy richcraft home, there was also a structural damage to my home in the basement previously. they are not very good with keeping up with the repairs pertaining to the warranty. The sales rep rude and do not know how to respond professionally.

Hello,

We apologize for your frustration. You mention there was structural damage to the basement previously. Did you purchase brand new from our team or did you purchase your home as resale? We would be happy to look into this issue for you. As for our materials, we would recommend you review our specs as we use quality materials to build our homes also ensuring we are building to Energy Star Standards.

Awful customer service

This company wows you with luxurious model homes and then tells you buy quick, because the price goes up $5000 next week! It's a sale gimmick. After you commit to the home, they will take every opportunity to make the process more difficult for you. The staff are exceptionally rude over the phone and at the design centre appointments. Items that you thought would be available in your home are not offered. Emails are not returned. Will not buy with Richcraft again and I suggest you don't if you would like to spare yourself the headache.

Hello,

We apologize for your frustration during your experience with our team. We always try to inform our clients when a price increase is coming. We will send a note to our Design Centre Manager to follow up on your experience. Is there an item you saw in a model home that was not made available to you? if so, can you please let us know what was not offered to you so we can follow up.

Bek in Ottawa
Bek in Ottawa

Building

A bought town house 4 years ago, until now every year I have problem with this townhouse. First front siding panel was off, then in the middle off the winter furnace down and now my backyard siding fall off. Any time when I call company too fix the problem they sey warranty over. Before my purchase they told us we going to have 10 year warranty. Now I’m worry another 2-4 years house not gonna fall a part.

Hello Bek,

Your home does come with a warranty, but there are different stages and different items that are covered. Please take a look at the Tarion Warranty program for more information on how your home warranty works: https://www.tarion.com/

Disappointing urban town rental

I am writing this review to make people aware of Richcraft Urban towns for rent. The first day moving in I realized I would have a problem would the noise from the units attached to the home. With these types of homes you have three neighbors attached, one on each side and the back of the home. You can hear everything through the walls and you never get a moment of peace. I can’t even sleep at night as I hear my neighbors snoring, I’ve made a written complaint and they replied “we have never had this complaint before” and never heard back from them after that. Since it’s a new built home I thought maybe they forgot the insulation between the walls and they would at least look into the problem however that was not the case. They also allow pets so all you hear is the neighbours dogs barking. Extremely unhappy with this move and will now have to move again and pay for movers just because they can’t build homes properly.

Hello,

We're sorry to heat that your experience in our Urban Town rentals has been noisy. Can you please tell us which rental community you are living in?

Brad - Richcraft - Stillwater

Their service is bad and they are rude. At the beginning they will tell they will fix all the defects you identify, but when they come to fix they do pretty bad job or cover us and get your signature for completing the job or will get your signature and tell that they will fix it in the summer (if its an outdoor defect). They will next fix it. After one year they will tell, you already passed one year so they wont fix. They are very unethical. When they try to fix a defect in the laundry room they damaged my washing machine. Their customer service is bad and unprofessional. You will see after you buy the home and pass your warranty (sometimes during the warranty). I would totally avoid this building based on my experience, my mother in law's and friends'. Their houses are two expensive, sometimes 40% over the other builders but still they deliver the house with lot of defects and try to come up with the excuse to avoid fixing by showing papers. Most of the time they won't the issue, just cover it up with caulking so you wont see until the warranty period is over. If they find out its your first home, then will find all the excuses and fool you. Stay away from this builder.

Dave in Ottawa
Dave in Ottawa
1 review Ottawa, ON

Not exceptional quality as adverstised

Lots of problems with quality of work. Company does respond and tries their best to fix, but as their supervisors admit, trades are paid low and lack motivation to do quality work, so the repairs sometimes need to get repeated and they need very close supervision . But now a few months outside the 2 yr warranty and Richcraft does not want responsibility for my leaking roof. This was the 3rd water penetration issue with my house, plus dozens of other problems. Sitting in a house less than 3 yrs old with a bowl on the floor to catch water. Not happy.

Hello Dave,

Our apologies for having to make the same repair more than once, this is not the experience you should expect from our team.

All Ontario homebuilders adhere to the same warranty program, the Tarion warranty. Builders in Ontario are deemed to provide statutory warranty coverage as described in the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act. Unforntuanley, after two years, the warranty does not protect against water penetration.

Grafton Model Home  in Ottawa
Grafton Model Home in Ottawa

Grafton Townhome

My husband and I are very happy with the professionalism of our experience with Richcraft Homes. We walked many of the models, which are absolutely beautiful, and we choose the Grafton primarily because of price point.

If you walk the model homes with Richcraft, it genuinely feels like home, and the homes are staged very well. Walking through the models made my husband and I feel inspired, It's a part of the reason we choose Richcraft.

The team in Riverside South helped me with my home, and for that I am forever thankful. They were kind, knowledgeable, and even stayed late on one night to help us.

The Design Centre was the most overwhelming but amazing experience. The team in there is very patient and willing to help.

Grafton Owner

Hello Grafton Townhome,

We're happy to hear that you and your husband had a great experience purchasing your home. Riverside South is a beautiful community, we hope you enjoy the area for many years to come. Congratulations on your new home!

More about Richcraft Homes

Since 1984, Richcraft Homes has built over 16, 000 homes for families in Ottawa. Their team has a passion for building great designs that are reflected in a vast array of their award-winning homes. All new Richcraft homes are built using the latest ENERGY STAR standards. As a family-owned and ...
Looking for Builders pros in Ottawa?