Cdl Carpet & Floor Centre

Reviews for Cdl Carpet & Floor Centre

Radon West Ltd.
Radon West Ltd.
1 review Cochrane, AB

Very happy with floors and service recieved

I was dealing with an insurance claim for water damage and we decided to redo most of our upstairs flooring at the same time. CDL at Beacon Hill in Calgary was the contractor used through the insurance and so we looked into options to extend the job. I dealt with Stephen and was super impressed with his professionalism and good advice when picking our floors. It was a big decision and he suggested a product and look that we would have never considered. After going home with the samples I realized he had tied together out existing stone, wood and furniture that we had already with the flooring he suggested. 'Chris and Chris' installed the flooring and it looks great. They did a really good job and made major renovations easy. Super happy with the service I received, the professionals I interacted with and the end product. We had a great experience with the team at CDL in the North. Thank you!

Rvanderstar in Calgary
Rvanderstar in Calgary
2 reviews Lake Country, BC

Engineered Hardwood Delamination

We purchased 5500 sq ft of Dansk Hardwood from CDL. We started to have issues when the hardwood was installed with delaminating and the dried appearance of the engineered hardwood. Neither CDL or Dansk Rep would stand behind the product they manufacture and sell. I expected more for a $50,000 order. I would never buy engineering hardwood from this company as they definitely do not stand behind their product.

Mr Vanderstar, The manufacturer visited the site in the Kelowna area to assess your concerns. As per their report, the issues stem from installation and enviromental concerns. You provided your own installer for this installation, it is the responsibility of the installer to guage whether the conditons at the time are suitable to install the flooring as per the manufacturer's specifications. Also over the life of the product there are reasonble humidity levels that a home requires to ensure that the product will perform as it should. Warranties, care, maintenence, and installation documents were provided to you prior to installation that cover these types of concerns.
I'm unsure how you feel neither CDL or the manufacturer are not standing behind this product, as we have done everything we can to address your concerns. There is responsibility for the end user to ensure that the installation (as you subcontacted your own hardwood installers), and enviroment is within the parameters of the specifications. Again, as I suggested in a previous conversation if you are unhappy with anything myself or the manufacturer have told you, contact the local floor covering associaton or the NWFA (National Wood Floor Association).

Regards,

Colin Haugrud

KimD in Calgary
KimD in Calgary

Excellent sevice

We worked with Hillary Beney and she was amazing!

Her knowledge of flooring and design was so helpful !
We were not sure of our choices and she confirmed that we were making the right selections!

I would highly recommend her in a heartbeat!

HomeBath in Calgary
HomeBath in Calgary

Backsplash for Legacy Kitchen

Tracy Keith from CDL Carpet & Floor Centre helped me choose a tile for the backsplash for my Legacy Kitchen. I told her I wanted a modern look and showed her samples and colours of my kitchen. She gave me advice on color, how to install it (modern style - stacked) and arranged for delivery and install. She is professional, knowledgable, easy to get hold of and very patient in her explanations and answering any of my questions. She arranged for Ion, a tilesetter, to install the backsplash just after Christmas in 2018. His work was excellent. I am more than happy with the service provided by this company and would highly recommend them.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Do NOT use them!

The installers from CDL took 4 boxes of our flooring after the job was finished without telling us and didn't tell the truth about it. I don't recommend this company at all. The installers admitted to taking our flooring and we ended up getting it back. The manager was not very apologetic about this event and I was truly disappointed with this company. Sadly, these installers are likely still working for this company so watch out!!

We are very upset that this occurred and as per the conversation we had with you, we are very sorry for what happened. As stated in our discussion, this is not an acceptable practice among our installers and we have a zero tolerance policy for situations like this. Once we realised that the material was taken off site, we did refund you for both the product and labour, as well the subcontractor that has caused this issue is no longer doing work for CDL as a result of this incident.

Martha & Mel in
Martha & Mel in

Fantastic Kitchen, 3 Baths Floor Install!

We are very happy with our new flooring in the kitchen and 3 baths. The sales associate Dave Larsen was very helpful. We were able to schedule the installation without delay. The crew were wonderful, and they cleaned up after themselves and were very helpful in many ways.

Michael in Airdrie
Michael in Airdrie

Basement Carpet Installation

We were really happy with how quickly we were able to get our carpet installed, as we needed it quickly for company arriving. Peter the installer was really friendly and professional. Carpet looks great too!

Charmaine,
Charmaine,

New carpet in Home

I have CDL came to do install of new carpet in our house. The look of the carpet is great and the warranty is excellent. I did ran into issues after service provide with installation, clean up and left over carpet issues.

There is also a gap in communication regarding informing me with the final invoice charging.

Colin the owner did step in an step up to get them resolved.

I am happy with the result.

I am happy with the result.

Laura in Calgary
Laura in Calgary

Hardwood insurance claim install nightmare!!

If you want nothing but problems, dishonesty, and have them send a subcontractor to your home unannounced while you are in a towel (and refuses to leave when asked), by all mean use this company. If you want excellent customer service, a professionally laid hardwood floor and truthful, honest employees, go any where else! I would love to let you know all about my horrible experience with this company. Their solution to correct problems is a joke. Wish I never used them and will never use them in the future. My goal is to now ensure no one else goes through the horror I went through and never hires them!!

Laura - We are sorry that you found your experience with our company anything less than satisfactory. Customer satisfaction is of the highest priority to us. Occasionally, problems to do happen since we are in an industry that deals with natural material and human labour, but we pride ourselves on how we address any occasional problem. As stated in our letter to you, we would again like to apologise for the poor workmanship in your original installation.

We are sorry that our attempts to solve your issues were not satisfactory to you, but as we’ve discussed offline, our company policy is to correct any problems we encounter by correcting the problem (as we did with you by completely replacing your floor, reimbursing you for your out of pocket expenses and any damage caused) rather than financial compensation to anyone that complains that our products or services were unsatisfactory to them. We hoped that through our offline efforts and communications with you that resolving your issue by replacing your floor was the fair and acceptable solution. Unfortunately, we will have to agree to disagree about the truthfulness in this matter.

Should you have flooring needs in the future, we sincerely hope that you are able to find a company that you can work with and that meets your needs. Again, we apologise for the problems and inconveniences caused. Best of luck.

Marshall in Calgary
Marshall in Calgary

Cork Floor Covering

Generally, I am satisfied with the cork floor product installed. However, I am still waiting for the credit promised when placing the order in April 2015. Unable to get the matter resolved by emails, I visited the CDL store in Nov 2015 which resulted in a promise to process a credit of $100 to my credit card within a few days. This didn't happen, so I sent reminder emails in Dec 2015 and in Jan 2016. CDL responded by email on Jan 9 with: "I have credited your card ending in 3003 $100.00. I will forward the receipt on to you." However, since I hadn't received the credit or the receipt by Jan 15, I sent another email to let them know. I still have not received the credit, the receipt, or any response.

Marshall, this is Colin, I'm the G.M. of the company would you call myself, or if I'm unavailable please ask for Stephanie, either of us can look into and resolve your concerns.

Regards,

More about Cdl Carpet & Floor Centre

Welcome to CDL Carpet & Floor Centre. We are one of Calgary's most trusted full service flooring company's. We have one of the widest selections of flooring to choose from in all price ranges. As well as the largest selection of in-stock products in the city. There are two convenient ...
Looking for Carpet & Rug Retailers pros in Calgary?