Appliance Retailers

Colin in Toronto
1 review Guelph, ON

Broil King BBQ

L8V 1V4

I ordered a BBQ and accessories from the website having never been to the store. The personalized and prompt customer care from acknowledgement of order through the delivery team is one of my best customer experiences in some time.

Thanks Colin...I have passed on your review to all team members. Enjoy your grill!

Bill in Hamilton
Bill in Hamilton

Bad service

L8V 1V4

Called hoover as my cordless vacuum stopped working and was under warranty. They told me to take it to Hacks, which I did. Two weeks later Hacks called to advise it was fixed. They replaced the power head on the vacuum but when I tried it in the store it still didn't work.
I thought the battery might be dead so I took it home to put in another fully recharged battery - still no power.
Called Hacks and they said the technician who worked on it only comes in once a week. They couldn't even contact him to find out if he had it running!! Totally unacceptable plus I'm out their $10
recycle fee that they charge for something they didn't fix. Be aware if you decide to take something to Hacks for servicing.

Hi Bill

Something doesn't ring quite right here. We have three techs who work on vacs so unless there was a reason they had to wait for a specific tech I'm not sure why you would have had to wait until the Monday. Can you please send me an email to sales@chadwicksand hacks.com with your work order number and telephone so that I can investigate further ?

Thanks

David from Hamilton
David from Hamilton
5 reviews Hamilton, ON

BarBeQue

L8V 1V4

This is the only place to buy at BBQ. Their staff are very knowledgeable. There service is also great. I bought a new Nepolean BBQ. I will right a review about why.
Only Go to Chadwichs and Hacks. Just want to thank Justin for his knowledge and help.

Thanks very much for your kind words. We will make sure that Justin sees this note.

Chris Sharpen from Hamilton
Chris Sharpen from Hamilton

Bought a BBQ

Hi there. Just wanted you to know what a positive experience I had shopping at your store. I went in to buy a BBQ and my salesman was so helpful and informative. I look forward to many years of grilling on my new Napoleon Grill. Thanks again,

Thanks Chris! We very much appreciate your business. With Napoleon Canadian made product you can be assured of great performance.

ken182 from Hamilton
ken182 from Hamilton

Cordless razor battery

Happened a few years ago - I purchased a rechargeable battery for my cordless razor. I tried the install it myself but couldn't get it to fit properly - even though online instructions looked simple. I went to the store where they said they would do it for $10. When the technician tried to install it he said that it was the wrong battery. Used the correct one and installed it in seconds. Then charged me $10. When I said I could have done it myself but they sold me the wrong part initially they said it didn't matter, $10 please, and with an attitude. Zero customer service. I paid but vowed never to shop there again. $10 isn't that much but it's the principle . I now drive out of my way to shop at their competitor. When a big box store went to send me there for a warranty service on power tool I asked them for another recommendation - and explained why. Hope C & H realize the $10 cost them a lot more in the long run.

Not really sure how to respond. You posted anonymously so I cant check records for something that happened 3 or 4 years ago. Please provide your name and contact number so that we can follow up. Without any details I can only guess. If you self install any electronic part you risk damaging that part or the unit you are installing into. That is why there are no returns on electronic components of any kind. Below is a letter that we received from another client a couple of days ago who is happy to be identified, She is much more indicative of the performance of our team.

Good afternoon Gary,
This email is to commend one of your employees, Dillon Crawford, who answered my call from Ottawa this afternoon. He was most polite, friendly, helpful, responsive to all my questions and accommodating.
The lid of my Cuisinart DLC-7 Superpro broke this morning and I was asking if your company had replacement parts. He not only took the time to find the proper assembly parts for me, but checked that replacement parts instead of new ones were in very good condition so that I was able to purchase a new bowl. He informed me about the excellence of my Superpro model that I have owned for many years. When he said that he would return my call after verifying the condition of the used parts, he did so quickly as promised. He made me feel that my call was the most important part of his day although I realize that he has numerous requests in his daily work. He also was very efficient in packing the products so that I would receive them in a very timely manner-Monday!!!

The reason that I am so vehement about complimenting Dillon is that I have had numerous telephone experiences with rude, unhelpful people. It is refreshing to speak with a person as helpful and attentive as he was. His positive attitude will keep customers calling back for assistance and advice. Thanks again for training him so well and for his excellent representation of your company to consumers.

Yours truly,

Linda Mosley

peter miles from Hamilton
peter miles from Hamilton

BLACK AND DECKER BATTERY PACK

I purchased a black and decker battery pack, upon a charging attempt i determined that i did not require a new battery but a charger.
I attempted to return the batter pack and was met with firm resistance and the clerk said i had self diagnosed the problem and that the part being an electrical part was not subject to return.
i was not told by the store clerk of this policy upon purchase but did notice this on the receipt when i attempted to return the product.
this product was never charged nor used and now i am apparently sitting with an expensive part that i do require.
i suggest to anyone thinking of buying at chadwicks to engage their lawyer and bring the lawyer with you if you require a product from that store. as for me i will be buying elsewhere and offering my insight of this store (negative of course) to friends and relatives.
very dissatisfied and out $114.00.

Hi Mr.Miles,

First let me state that there are signs at the counter in three different places and on your invoice that you received that there are no returns on electrical parts. This policy is in place at almost all parts suppliers because NO supplier will accept return of electrical parts once they have been installed.

In your case our representative was correct in stating that if you self diagnose a service fault we can't be responsible if you do it incorrectly nor can we supply parts for you to "test" on your unit to determine what a fault is. We have clients all the time who bring us in their chargers for testing PRIOR to purchasing a battery. We test the charger at no cost to ascertain what the true fault may be.

That being said, the clerk who was dealing with you had asked you to wait a few moments while she checked to see if there was any solution for you. She had come to the office to see me and had to wait until I finished a phone call. We ascertained that the battery had not been used, and that it was not a special order. I instructed her to return the battery and order you a charger...which it appears was the part that you actually required and issue a credit note for the balance to spend anytime. By the time she went back you had left the store. We assumed that you had an errand to run and would have been back in touch later that day. She actually has a note to contact you on Saturday when she returns to speak with you.

We always try to work with our clients to find a solution but we also need a bit of time when that solution is outside policy. Sometimes those solutions may not be perfect but they have to meet the needs of our business and your needs as a client. We had felt that this was the best way to address both but you did not give us the opportunity to finish the conversation. Feel free to contact me directly via phone with any questions you may have.

Gary Green
General Manager

Wendover  from Hamilton
Wendover from Hamilton

Vacuum repair

I have 3 kids and keeping up with housework is tough. My Vacuum stopped working and I was not happy with the thought of buying a new one as this one was not old. My neighbour recommended Chadwicks & Hacks and told me they fix all kinds of appliances. I went in immediately and sure enough they fixed my vacuum. They were fast and it saved me a lot of money. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Malcolm Hodgskiss from Hamilton
Malcolm Hodgskiss from Hamilton
2 reviews Hamilton, ON

barbecue,

In barbecues theres a big void between a small coleman camping stove and a full size back yard barbecue that runs on a large propane tank . The one is too small to cook much and the other lacks portability . There aren't many small units capable of turning out a decent measure of btus. I needed something to cook for my crew while doing renovations in the region. It had to be portable and reasonably powerful as well. What I really needed was 'product expertise'/knowhow/acumen. At the big box outfits that would be a hit and miss proposition so I thought of Chadwicks. I got a Weber and while it can run on a small fuel bottle we also got the fittings for a full sized tank. The crew said they eat better on the job than at home! the prices at Chadwicks are great but the expertise is what brings me to them.

Malcom, Thanks for taking the time to write. Our team makes every effort to listen to your needs and find the right product at the right price. Enjoy your new Weber grill for years to come!

More about Chadwick's & Hack's Appliance & BBQ

Chadwick's and Hack's has been established for over 60 years and is the leading retailer of Fireplaces, BBQ's and Small Appliances in the Greater Hamilton Area. For 9 years running we have been honored to be awarded by consumers as the Best fro Customer Service, Best Fireplace Shop, Best BBQ ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Hamilton?