Goemans Appliances

Reviews for Goemans Appliances

Dan
Dan
0 reviews Cambridge, ON

Spend your hard earned money elsewhere!

DO NOT spend one cent at this place. They will gladly take your money and screw you over. They use another company to do their service/delivery. This company is also inept! No communication no service no respect no resolution. Spent $3000 on a refrigerator. They delivered the wrong fridge. They now say the correct fridge is out of stock till Feb 2021. They won’t even refund me the difference between the two refrigerators. About $500 difference. If I return the fridge they won’t refund my money till after the pick up the fridge? Yet I had to pay in full before they would deliver to me. I guess it’s time to call my lawyer!

Kim in Waterloo
Kim in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

HORRIBLE

I wish I had read more reviews about Goemans! They are a nightmare to deal with. They are happy to take your money but once that cheque has cleared you better hope you don't need them for anything. Within 3 months, 3 appliances are unusable. Nobody cared at all. It was up to us to contact suppliers and navigate repairs. I would never use or recommend Goemans ever again.

dave in Kitchener
dave in Kitchener

electric stove

Plugged the stove in, shows error. Connected to customer service. I was #2, 1/2 hr later #1. 2 1/2 hrs later , still #1. This is Saturday. Closed on Sunday. Hello take-out. Pray for Monday I guess. Thanks a lot.

Ronalynn in Toronto
Ronalynn in Toronto
1 review Guelph, ON

Wham Bam No Thanks!!

-1 Star!!!! The entire experience after purchasing 5 appliances and a range hood has been a nightmare. Delivery was a disaster. Dented our 36" fridge to which we got the run around and had to jump through hoops to bring to their attention in order to get some compensation for the dent and scratch. After service is deplorable! You bought it, we wiped our hands of dealing with you, now go to the brand name provider and "don't let the door hit you on the way out..." is exactly how we feel. Beyond dissatisfied. Please do not consider buying from this business.

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Terrible, Non-Existent Customer Service

Worst customer service experience with this company ever. We were long-term Goemans customers until a recent purchase of 2 defective ranges. Previous purchases the products we received were fine so there was no issue, but as soon as any problem occurs - look out. Our first range was defective and had to be replaced. The 2nd range was also defective and through the entire process we could not get any assistance from the Kitchener store. Even though we reported it the same day it was delivered, we were basically told that it wasn't their problem, since we took possession at delivery. We were told to call the manufacturer or Goemans head office customer service, and the local store where we purchased would not assist. The store manager said he had no authority to do anything and would not help. He spoke to us in a condescending way and practically laid the blame on us on multiple occasions. When I went to the store to resolve, all he did was dial customer service and hand me the phone - he would not assist in any way. They do not stand behind the products they sell. After 3 1/2 weeks, too many phone calls to count and multiple technicians in & out of our home, they finally removed the 2nd range and gave us our money back. Absolutely no compensation for the defects, trouble, frustration and inconvenience we incurred. Not even a simple apology regardless of our years loyalty as a customer. Will never shop at or trust this store again.

Private User reviews Kitchener, ON

Very Poor Customer Service And Delivery

Poor Customer Service And Delivery,
Not a nice experience. I have ordered my appliances back in January and after almost 7 months they did not have the Gad range.
They lent me one electric one.. dirty and extremely disgusted...
very very disappointing. Hope the new range will come as they promised. they did not apologise and they did not offer anything for this inconvenience .
next time i will take my business some other places. Never GOEMANS

Julie in Kitchener
Julie in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Like the others, we too were deceived about the GSPP warranty

Update March 22nd: I would like to update that 'the top levels of Head Office" have allowed us to use the full credit towards our purchase and have apologised. Thank you Head Office for making things right.

Review from March 21st: Like the others, we too were deceived about the Goeman's GSPP 4 Year extended warranty, but it is the way Goeman's dismissively handled the situation that disturbs me. First, the salesperson who sold us our fridge in 2012 implicitly told us the price of the warranty could be used on ANYTHING in the store at the end of the warranty period (fast forward to now), making it essentially free if it was not used. We'd be stupid not to get it, right? My husband and I both remember asking the salesperson to confirm the full credit several times as we are not the sort to waste money on extra warranties. Secondly, the GSSP documentation at the time of purchase was also misleading in not fully disclosing the 25% price limit upfront, but rather had this very important fact buried in the terms. This has since been updated, I believe to comply with the Canadian Code of Advertising Standards. Thirdly, when we brought this up in store last week (we were looking to use our in-store credit on a vacuum), an employee looked up the salesperson's name who sold us the warranty and then told us there was a reason he was no longer an employee at Goemans, insinuating this employee was notorious for deceiving customers. When I reached out to Goemans with these facts, I was shocked at how dismissive they were. They basically just referred me to the current GSSP documentation, clearly not having read my email. Again I asked for a response to my actual issues andwas told "I do apologize on behalf of the salesperson (currently no longer with our company) and the miscommunication of the program to you during the original purchase 5 years ago. Further discounting is not possible with our current system setup under the rules of the plan. All customers redeeming their plan have the same rules and guidelines that are being followed." I was not asking for a discount. I was asking for my full credit to be applied towards the purchase of a vacuum. While I appreciate that purchasers must follow rules and guidelines, Goemans does not take responsibility when its employees and documentation does not meet "rules and regulations" essentially making a mockery of the founders mission statement: "Character Matters. All of our actions are driven by our unwavering commitment to our core principles of knowledge, integrity, and respect." All this, to save $146.75.

TW in Kitchener
TW in Kitchener

Very bad service

I have had a terrible experience and would not recommend. The staff was misleading in saying that they would disconnect old appliance, remove the old appliance, and then connect new appliance. The appliance was delivered but delivery person would not be disconnecting or connect anything. Therefore, appliance sits in the garage.
Then called in to see why someone was not disconnecting it or hooking up new appliance. After talking to two different people who could/would not do anything to help me I was sent to customer service.They told me that nowhere on the invoice did it say install or disconnect which I left store with the understanding that that was going to happen by Geomans Appliances. I told them I wanted a full refund and the appliance taken away. I am now to wait a few hours until customer service can do something to fix this issue. This would then mean more money and more time waiting. Then got call from sales person who told me it was my fault. I asked them if they were calling to help me if not I would hang up. With no answer from him I hung up the phone

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

Poor Customer Service and Delivery

Goemans appliances has hands down the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They do a great job at selling the product, but once I placed my order they were rude and extremely hard to get ahold of. Delivery took about 4 weeks and I am in central Toronto area. When the appliances were being delivered an item was damaged and it took numerous weeks to get a new delivery date. This company is extremely disconnected from the third-party delivery company. I never received an apology for the inconvenience. Next time I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Hello; thank you for contacting us. We’ve passed along your concerns to our customer service team. Could you please send an email to communitymanager@goemans.com with your personal information, including invoice number, so we can look into this for you? Once we have more information we will do our best to assist you in anyway possible. Thank you.

Monika in Toronto
Monika in Toronto

Disappointing customer service

We were connected with Goemans by our kitchen designer. While the person with whom we dealt over the phone and email was very nice and helpful, once we came in to the store to finalize our order, we felt like we were more of a bother than customers. Finding out details was like pulling teeth. No one voluntarily offer to do anything other than what was absolutely necessary to complete our transaction. Very disappointing. Hopefully the appliances will be better quality than the customer service we received.

More about Goemans Appliances

Our Company: Goemans Appliances is a family owned and operated independent appliance retailer. We planted our roots in Stoney Creek in 1978, and before we knew it we had 7 locations across southern Ontario and have become one of the largest independent appliance dealers in Canada. And it's no wonder ...
Looking for Appliance Retailers pros in Kitchener?