Alf's Antiques & Handcrafted Furniture

Antique Retailers
29 Bermondsey Rd. Toronto ON M4B 1Z7
HomeStars  >  Antique Retailers in East York  >  Alf's Antiques & Handcrafted Furniture

Reviews for Alf's Antiques & Handcrafted Furniture

Cwalter in East York
Cwalter in East York

4" Thick reclaimed wood coffee table

Just received my custom-made 4" thick coffee table from Alf's, a month earlier than expected. As I emailed to Alf's, I am so thrilled I am over the moon! The wood selected has incredible knots feom branches that shoot out incredible patterns from the veins as the tree grew. Stunning! It is so appealing I try not to cover the top with too much stuff and use the shelf instead. You can trust Alf's with any project you have in mind.

Lana from Toronto
Lana from Toronto

Dining Room Tables

I'm a Designer and I have purchased several custom tables for clients from Alf's over the years.
The quality of the product is fantastic and the prices are more than fair for custom tables.
They have always been a pleasure to deal with.
I'm looking forward to ordering a table for my own house from Alf's.

Edward Greem from Toronto
Edward Greem from Toronto
3 reviews Old Toronto, ON

marvelous walnut coffee table

Our old walnut coffee table was severely damaged by movers while in transit from Vancouver to Toronto. We received a compensation and were happy to find a similar coffee table at Alf's. Though it was quote pricey we could not resist the temptation and purchased it. Alf's hosts great people which is a pleasure dealing with. Would be good to see lower prices at Alf's.

Henry from North York
Henry from North York
1 review North York, ON

clock since 1870

My hobby is collecting antique things. I was looking for an old clock. I wanted it to be really old and in brown color to complete my collection. For many years I'm exploring different stores with antique staff. At Alf's Antiques & Furniture Design I found exactly what I was looking for. Previously I didn't know about this store, but now I'm putting a checkmark and will drop there from time to time.

Rebecca in Toronto
Rebecca in Toronto

Dining Tble

Fantastic piece of furniture. Purchased our table 3.5 years ago from Alf's showroom. It is gorgeous and we have had many compliments on it. There developed a small catch on the top and Alf came without question, took table away and returned the table good as new!

Mer in East York
Mer in East York

Dining room table made for us

My husband and I had been looking everywhere for a table that would fit in our very long and narrow dining space - we needed a table about 30 inches wide. We wanted something that looked like a harvest table and was trestle, with a bench on one side so people could easily slide in and out.
We realized we wouldn't find anything off the shelf and so started looking for custom. We were getting quotes of 2000-3000 just for the table (without a bench), and then found Alf's Antiques on King St.
We looked around their showroom and they had beautiful samples all within our price range. The table we eventually chose was all custom measurements, style, etc.
We ordered from Alf's wife who works in the store, put down our deposit and got our beautiful table within the time they said.

The wood used for the table top is reclaimed floorboards from an old general store. It's got loads of character. We've just purchased some ultra modern Italian clear acrylic and chrome chairs to go with it (from a different store) - they haven't arrived yet but we think the old look of the table and bench with the modern chairs is going to look fantastic. The chairs in the picture are old ones we are using until the new ones arrive, and ignore the lack of decorating...it's a slow process!

We are very, very pleased with the table and with Alf's service.

More about Alf's Antiques & Handcrafted Furniture