Home Appliance Repair Inc

Reviews for Home Appliance Repair Inc

DORCIE in Brampton
DORCIE in Brampton

Bosch Gas Range

I purchased a Bosch gas range from Appliance Canada and bought their extended warranty. The door of my gas range was locked and I was not able to open it. Appliance Canada recommended Home Appliance Repair. From the customer service rep calling me to set up the appointment to the repairing of the unit by the technician was a beautiful experience. They worked around my availability. I am so thankful that Appliance Canada recommended Home Appliance Repair. This will be my preferred company of choice and I have no issue in recommending them.

Stephanie in Brampton
Stephanie in Brampton

Failed to repair- out $500

Called Samsung to inquire about repairing fridge. Told me to call these "preferred" repair people. Service tech had NO idea how to fix the problem was. Called someone. Said was "motherboard" $500 later and the problem still exists and new one developed (now it freezes all my food). Called again, sent another tech who had NO idea how to fix the problem. Would have someone call me...still waiting and it's been MONTHS. DO NOT RECOMMEND

Private User reviews Burlington, ON

Repair freezer in one yr old samsung fridge

Should've checked reviews before calling them, came out to diagnose charged $124 and said will need 2 parts , had to call them to follow up on parts order after a week parts took 2 weeks to arrive , a month later tech came put the parts in never waited to see if it's actually working.
freezer still not working and can't get a hold of them.

Terrible customer service

I have had two experiences with this company. Last fall I had my hardwood floors gouged when they pulled out the refrigerator with no floor protection. After repeated calls and no follow up, although it was promised, I finally gave up! I spent close to $800 on that occasion
I needed a further repair on my décor stove and called them again as apparently they are the authorized repair company for these appliances.
I paid for a service call and parts over 6 weeks ago and I cannot even get anyone to answer the phone or return a message. How do they stay in business? Find another repair company!

Private User reviews Moncton, NB

Fridge repair

The price is ridiculously high. After sales service is awful if any. Does not care about the customers once you paid. Caused damage to my fridge in the process of repairing and then denied the fact afterwards. My fridge is now leaking and buckled my floor. There was no leaking whatsoever before the guy came. The so called warranty is utter garbage. They wont even come over to inspect the damage they did without charging you a service fee. Bad faith business. You will be able to find better quality service for a much cheaper price elsewhere. Will NOT recommend. 0/10

Louise in
Louise in

Repair Samsung Front Loader Washing Machine

NEVER AGAIN! Technician arrived, didn't turn a screw. Told us it was the spider and charged us $124.30 for 5 minutes. He said repair would cost $600.00(company doubled this amount). Estimate from company, which I had to chase down the next day was for $1273.49. My husband took it apart, bought the part/bolts for $203.00 and repaired it himself. It now works just fine. Every part number on estimate was for a different model entirely. They were trying to sell us parts not even needed! They should be ashamed! I wonder how many people have overpaid?

thanksfornothing in
thanksfornothing in

Do not use these people

Had a "diagnostic" appt time booked for broken Samsung dishwasher that was stopping mid cycle. Gave us a time window of 10-1. No show, no call. Called the company, "he must be running late." (they don't care.) Guy showed up at 2, walked into the kitchen, opened the dishwasher, didn't power it up, didn't run a cycle, didn't check the mechanisms or breakers, didn't even touch a button or take a tool out. Took a picture and asked how I was paying. Seriously that's it. Less than 5 minutes and he literally did nothing. That's what this company calls a "diagnostic"?? $130 for him to ring my bell and leave me with no service plan. Now I am chasing them down to find out what the status is. I have called, emailed, and no response. Disgusting customer service. They just want your money. And I'm still left with a broken dishwasher and out $130 for nothing.

Maria in
Maria in

Repair of our dryer

I would like to commend Mark. He is respectful, polite, courteous, knowledgeable of what he's doing. He went beyond his duty, cleaned the machine thoroughly and our vacuum he used.

Dalian in OAKVILLE
Dalian in OAKVILLE

Dryer Repair

Incredibly poor service--not a company I will ever use again or recommend to anyone.

Called on a Friday to schedule a service call indicating that the dryer was working however was not heating and asked if technicians carried parts, specifically heating elements, in their trucks. After providing the model and serial number I was told absolutely the technician will have the parts with. Service was scheduled for the Monday as no technicians would pick up the call for the Friday--was surprised as website notes Same Day Service at the very top.

Technician arrived on the Monday and after 15 minutes indicated the heating element needed to be replaced and the part would take 2-4 days to arrive. We questioned the fact that he had no parts especially given at the booking we made it clear the heating element was likely the problem and were assured parts would be carried. Response from the technician was, we don't carry parts you have to wait, that's always how it is and here is your bill for just under $125 for the diagnosis. The technician also left the dryer disassembled so it could not even be used for no heat tumbling/drying and broke a fastener on the control panel when he disassembled.

On the Friday, 4 days later after receiving no updates, called and was told we needed to authorize the parts purchase after we get a quote and then the parts would be ordered. The person quickly looked up the part cost and stressed that the part had a 2 or so year warrantee and they could attempt to schedule installation on the Monday assuming the part was available. No indication of service warrantee was given which given the technician's and companies overall "service" sealed the deal and I told them I would go elsewhere to get the dryer fixed.

Called another company I found on Homestars which came the next day after offering a same day appointment. The technician from the second company was very professional, had parts in hand and completed the repair in just over 30 minutes (10 star review posted earlier today).

Next step which I expect will be impossible is to get a $124.30 refund from Home Appliance Repair for the 'service call diagnostic' after such horrible service.

Jason from Toronto
Jason from Toronto

Four months and counting to process a simple and agreed refund

HARGTA repaired our dishwasher. After some effort it was agreed it would be covered under warranty (Samsung). I was told, by HARGTA, that the $124.30 call-out fee would also be covered, and therefore refunded to us. After almost three months (with multiple calls and emails) I finally received a call where I was told they just needed a credit card # and it would be done ASAP. Over a month later now and still no refund.

Seems someone will always answer the line for new work (eventually), but no-one responds to emails, or voicemails to the common voicemail box, and you can't leave one in the parts or accounting mailboxes as they are always full (and no-one ever answers). Pure frustration in trying to get HARGTA to honour their commitment process a simple call-out fee refund.

Note: the actual technicians (multiple) involved in the repair were always personable and professional. And, one of the early folks we dealt with seemed to put some genuine effort into resolving the warranty process. That's why this isn't a zero.

More about Home Appliance Repair Inc

When your appliance breaks down, we know time is of the essence! That’s why at Home Appliance Repair, we only hire licensed technicians who are trained and experienced in all appliance repairs. They are friendly, courteous and honest experts who will fix your appliance to the highest standards using only ...