Otto's Masonry

Reviews for Otto's Masonry

Mark from Toronto
Mark from Toronto

Chimney Rebuild

This was our second time using Otto's Masonry. About 12 years ago they did repair on our chimney letting us know that it had about 10 years left before it would need to be totally rebuilt. From our initial contact back in January to check it out, to when they came this past week to rebuild the entire chimney, they were prompt, accommodating and very professional. Otto came the day before to check out the job site and his crew arrived on schedule the next morning. As we had just had new sod laid in our front yard, we asked them to be extra careful so as not to cause any damage. They took our concerns very seriously to make sure nothing was damaged. At the end of the second day, the chimney had been rebuilt, the front yard had been completely cleaned up and everything looked great. I would highly recommend them.

Mark, It was a pleasure working with you! Otto

Samer in Toronto
Samer in Toronto

Installation of structural beam

Otto supplied and installed a 28.5 ft long I beam (W10 X 22) into our basement, including one large footing, an HSS post and a proper beam pocket built into the wall. Otto's team were very professional and they gave us the best quote as well. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for the Kind words! It was a pleasure working with you!

Mary Richards in Toronto
Mary Richards in Toronto

Repair of front walkway and steps

I am very pleased and satisfied with the repair work done on my front steps and walkway. Response time to my initial call for an estimate was excellent and the team that came to actually do the work were professional, respectful, and efficient. I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Thank you again Mary, It was a pleasure working with you.

Calder Weatherston in Brampton
Calder Weatherston in Brampton

remove and replace garage bricks due to foundation failure

Frost heaved garage foundation over 3". Otto removed and replaced with new bricks on full side and front of garage after Jagg repaired the foundation.
I had a few baseless concerns which were addressed immediately, but after the first winter the repair is seamless with the rest of the house. Great Job and friendly workmen would recommend to anyone.

Thanks for your review!!

Ben in Brampton
Ben in Brampton

Walkway/Porch restoration

The previous owner of my home had constructed a very intricate flagstone walkway and front porch. Over time this had become very worn, cracked and generally unstable. I was concerned it was a total loss needing full replacement and i was advised by some companies this was the only remedy. Otto's masonry provided me a detailed Quote. I spoke with Otto personally on the phone and was reassured it could be repaired as per the quote. Almost the entire walkway and porch was lifted and reset and looks amazing again! I am very pleased with the quality of the work, the customer service and the price quoted was the price paid - I am very happy with the service and completed work!

Thank you for your kind words. Marie-Jo

Derek in Toronto
Derek in Toronto

Tuckpointing

Superb service. Otto and Marie-Jo were exceptional to deal with. Brian was friendly and knowledgeable as he performed the work over several days in the cold -- ther was a lot of damage to the bricks and he diligently went at it as the temperatures dropped. He finished the job on the final day well into the evening. Kudos to all!

Thank you Derek!

Private User reviews Ottawa, ON

Concrete work in my front yard

Otto and his people were great to deal with. They did a high quality job. I would definitely use them for any masonry work in the future.

A neighbour first used Otto, and could not give them a better recommendation, so I hired Otto.

Thanks for the kind words!

Lynn in South Hill
Lynn in South Hill

new brick and stone stairs

I can't say enough about Otto and his team. The work started on time, the stairs and the stonework they did looks unbelievably beautiful and Michael and his assistant Owen were a pleasure to work with.

Otto demolished and reconstructed our front stairs using stone and brick, added stone to the top of the existing walls and placed a stone border before our driveway was paved.

When Otto ran into a problem, he quickly came up with a solution that added to the beauty of the stairs.

We will definitely work with Otto and his team on future projects.

Thank you! Very pleased you liked our work!!

CW
CW

Concrete Walkway

From start to finish, it was a pleasure to deal with Otto's Masonry. The - very reasonable - quote was provided quickly after my request, I always received a prompt response to my e-mailed questions, and they were happy to accommodate my timing for when the work would be done. The guys who came to do the work were friendly, courteous, and professional. At the end of each day, everything was completely cleaned up. And the final concrete walkway along the side of the house looks perfect! I would have no hesitation in recommending Otto's to friends, family, or strangers!

Thanks for the great review! -Alyson

Karen from Toronto in Toronto
Karen from Toronto in Toronto

Repair of front porch

It was fast and easy to do business with Otto's Masonary. The quote was quick and then they fit me in when they had cancellation as the work was just one day repairs. But the work was great, the stone mason who came was polite and professional and he cleaned up everything before he left. I couldn't ask for a better or simpler transaction. Its not always easy to get companies to do small jobs. I highly recommend this company

Karen thanks a lot for the great review. You were great and easy to work with. -Alyson

More about Otto's Masonry

Masonry & Bricklaying, tuckpointing, parging, chimney rebuild and repair, concrete, stone porches and much more.

Call 416.467.1717 for a free estimate! Over 30 years doing concrete, chimneys, fireplaces, tuckpointing, bricklaying, porches...and everything masonry.