Otto's Masonry

Reviews for Otto's Masonry

Razor in East york
Razor in East york

Chimney repair

I made the mistake of letting a crew of misfits driving around in a pickup fixing chimneys remove the loose bricks on my chimney and parge it (which apparently is illegal). Consequently each passing winter water got in, froze, expanded and loosened more brick to the point where chunks were falling on my gas fireplace during windy days in spring.

Otto's crew did the following:
- Break down 14 courses of brick
- Rebuild chimney matching bricks and mortar as close as possible
to the original
- Install a new chimney cap and new flues
- Reinstall original metal cages

They worked quietly, efficiently and were done in less than two days.
My chimney looks amazing and will no doubt restore some value to my house. I would recommend these guys for good, prompt communication and getting the job done right.

Thanks Ray!!

captaindownbeat
captaindownbeat

Brick repair and masonry

Otto's Masonry did some brick repairs and tuckpointing for us. They were prompt, professional and courteous, and easy to work with. They came highly recommended, and we're happy to recommend them as well.

Thanks for the review!

HomeStars in Toronto
HomeStars in Toronto

Repair of flagstone steps and landing

Otto’s did an amazing job.Taryn gave a written quote outlining the works required after reviewing the works to be done . She was very helpfull and professional in her assessment of the works to be performed.The foreman Eddie and his helper George were completed the job and were neat and tidy. Eddie was helpful in recommending repairs needed. I would highly recommend Otto’s .

Thank you!!

alanm71
alanm71

General tuck pointing

We have an old East York home that is showing it's age. We contracted Otto's and they were a pleasure to work with from the start. Getting the quote was easy and the person who did the job was on time, professional and very friendly. He consulted us throughout the work he was doing and ensured that we were happy before he left. I would recommend Otto's.

Thank you Alan!!

robert l.
robert l.

Repair of stone wall

I contracted Otto’s to repair some major cracks and flaws in a stone retaining wall on my property. Of four contractors contacted they were the only ones who responded with an estimate. Their work was prompt, very professional and well within estimate. We are very pleased.

Thank you Robert!

Rebuilding of front steps.

My front steps had been crumbling and one of the pillars of the porch, built in 1923, appeared to have shifted. I hired Otto’s to demolish and rebuild the steps. Once they dug down, they found the pillars were not sufficiently deep (not unusual in a house of this age). At no extra cost they poured a pad and supported the pillars before pouring the steps.
Everyone was pleasant, professional, and very good about keeping me in the loop.

Thanks Patricia!

Alan N. in Old Toronto
Alan N. in Old Toronto

Repair of walkway

Bradley and Arthur did a superb job cleaning out and replacing deteriorated concrete around the flagstones of our front walkway. Also, all my questions were patiently and completely answered. They -- and the administrative staff too -- were all a pleasure to deal with.

Thank you Alan!

All things concrete

Otto and his team have completed several jobs on my property including tuck pointing, parging, rebuilding window sills, pouring of retaining walls, walkways and stairs to the basement. For all of these projects, both big and small, the quality of workmanship has always been excellent. His staff is highly skilled, polite and professional.
Otto has a strong commitment to doing outstanding work that meets the expectations of his customers. I highly recommend Otto's Masonry.

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Vernon Medas in Toronto
Vernon Medas in Toronto

Leaky front porch - Blue-skin membrane works well!!

During heavy rain, the front porch of our 70 year old house would allow water to pour into our furnace room beneath. We sought a permanent fix that didn't involve having a complete overhaul/rebuild of the front porch and the cost that involves. Otto's Masonry sent Brian Knowles out to scope out the job and provide an estimate. The suggested fix was to have a "blue-skin" membrane installed over the porch slab, something we were not familiar with. The estimate was provided in Aug 2016 but we didn't have the work completed until the spring of 2017. The original estimate was honoured. The job was a little tricky as it involved removing the existing flagstone in order to apply the blue-skin membrane on the slab and then resetting the flagstone, like a jigsaw puzzle. Conroy and his son did the work and were great; prompt, hardworking and courteous. Conroy and Jr. were able to effectively problem-solve when other minor issues arose, the pride taken in their work is evident. Most importantly, the blue-skin fix worked beautifully!! The work was completed in early spring 2017, just before the significantly wet spring/summer that we had.....and our furnace room remained dry. I wouldn't hesitate to use Otto's Masonry again; they are reasonably priced, complete the work they promise to do efficiently & competently, answer the phone/respond to emails promptly and in general left a very positive impression from start to finish.

Thank you Vernon!

Ashton Renovations
Ashton Renovations

Concrete Work

We have used Otto's Masonry several times now and we appreciate their great work and professionalism. They are very knowledgable and we can count on them. We look forward to using them again in the near future.

Thank you Ashton!

More about Otto's Masonry

Masonry & Bricklaying, Tuck Pointing, concrete, stone porches and much more.

Call 416.467.1717 for a free estimate! Over 30 years doing concrete, chimneys, fireplaces, tuckpointing, bricklaying, porches...and everything masonry.