Clareville Distinctive Kitchens

Kitchen Planning & Renovation
253 Summerlea Road Brampton ON L6T 5A8
HomeStars  >  Kitchen Planning & Renovation in Brampton  >  Clareville Distinctive Kitchens
How well a company responds to Quote Requests and Reviews.

Reviews for Clareville Distinctive Kitchens

Robert Estabrooks from Brampton

After researching many months for a quality cabinet maker, I by accident, came across "Joe" owner of Clareville Kitchens.
My wife, who is a professional design engineer, worked many hours with Joe in the design of our small, but challenging kitchen.
Joe's workmanship, especially his attention to detail, is extremely rare and much appreciated.
Pricing for the project was very reasonable considering the quality of material and hardware.
Tom, the installer, completed the project on time and was very considerate in cleaning up after the project was completed.
I must mention, it was just amazing and a joy to watch Tom work his magic and his attention to the final fit and finish of our lovely kitchen.
I have and will without a doubt or question, recommend Joe as a quality professional cabinet maker.
In closing,my decision to use Joe's services wasn't dependent or decided solely on reviews or comments made by previous posts. Rather, it was made based on observations of his showroom cabinetry displays and cleanliness of his workshop. As well, many other considerations were taken into account, which in all honestly, solidify my decision to use the services of Clareville Kitchens.
I would not hesitate to use or recommend Joe's services in any future projects.

Dissatisfied Customer from Bolton
1 review Bolton, ON

We unfortunately picked this company based on reviews on this site. The owner Joe was very quick to point out all of the glowing reviews when we were deciding which company to choose. We paid a lot more based on this site and their word on quality. It didnt work out that way for us. The project has been almost a year in the works and is still not complete. There was a mistake on one of the components that took 3 months to correct. It still is not done 3 months later. The crown molding is seperating from the ceiling and drawer componets are missing. There are two doors that do not open correctly. Tom the installer is very messy and I had to hire cleaners after his install to clean my house and garage- the sawdust in the house was a disaster! The owner joked about keeping him around, but he is bad for business. The follow up has been non existent after repeated emails and I will have to hire someone else to fix their poor workmanship.

Job Price

Mr. Steve Reid of Bolton is absolutely right, an error was made in our part. Instead of supplying him with a one piece M.D.F. painted door, we instead supplied him with a stronger 5 Piece Solid Maple painted door. These doors were rejected by Mr. Reid and so new M.D.F. one piece doors and custom paint had to be re-ordered. Once these items were prepped, and finished, it had to be re-installed; all of which takes time. The two photo's shown here show a gap between the ceiling and the crown molding, and are not a defect in workmanship. If you look closely at the joints and miters, they are perfectly manufactured and installed. The actual problem Mr. Reid has here is the caulking in the ceiling is shrinking, which is caused by lack of humidity in the home. The solution is to re-caulk the effected existing area. Mr. Reid despite the curve ball we threw at him with our error, has a beautiful functioning well built kitchen. I don't understand why he gave our company such a damaging, undeserved review. I suppose at times anger gets the best of us.

~ Joe Oliveira,
President of Clareville Distinctive Kitchens.

North York, ON
6 reviews North York, ON

Simply amazing!! I had been to 3 other cabinet makers before I met joe. His product and prices were far above the others (including some highly rated businesses on this site). Joe is a true old style cabinet maker....attention to detail and a passion for his work. I have had nothing but compliments from all the other trades on the kitchen cabinets. I think joe was a bit concerned about my choices but he let me run with it providing some minor advice here and there which really paid off. His installers were also superb and had the whole thing installed in 2 days. If you need a custom ktchen consider Clareville...you really can't go wrong. Well done joe!

Donna from Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Joe, the owner of Clareville Distinctive Kitchens, is the man you want when designing and creating the kitchen of your dreams. He is a wealth of great ideas, has impeccable workmanship, mindful and conscious of one's budget - the price he quotes is the price you pay. I used him for a kitchen reno in Toronto and after moving to Hamilton a few years later, he was kind enough to do the kitchen reno there. All in all, I would highly recommend Joe for any kitchen renovation or cabinetry work.

Dawn Moir from Brampton

Hands down, the best in his field!
This man is a perfectionist and treats
every kitchen like it's his own. If you're considering a kitchen remodel, he is the right man for the job. He worked with my ideas, my budget and my timeline to give me the kitchen of my dreams. Amazing what the right design
will do to improve the efficiency in a small condo kitchen. Not sure what magic he performed, but the room now looks twice the size with double the cupboard space! I am soooo glad Joe was recommended to me by my daughter and, in turn, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him myself.

Aurora from Mississauga

Seven years ago friends invited me to dine with them in their newly renovated kitchen. I was impressed. the kitchen cabinets blended so well with the style of their home, it seemed as though they had always been part of the house. The excellent quality and workmanship of the cabinets inspired me to act on my long-time desire to begin a much needed renovation on my own kitchen.

My friends referred me to Joe Oliveira, owner of Clareville Distinctive Kitchens. When I called Joe to discuss my interest in renovating my kitchen, he immediately sent over a designer to evaluate my kitchen and help me design it to suit my needs.

After receiving an amazing quote and a time frame, Joe was to work on the cabinets first, after which he would send over the crew to "resurrect" my old kitchen within four to six weeks. The team, consisting of qualified electrician, plumber and engineer, came to look at the structural and electrical aspect of the renovation, as well as the permit. Then they began the construction and, I must say, everything went smoothly. Joe did not falter on the time allotted, and the kitchen was finished within six weeks. I was ecstatic. The colour and quality of the cabinets were exactly what I had imagined and more. My kitchen was transformed from a blah and lifeless room into a modern and functional one. It was beautiful. Even the crew displayed a certain pride after the work was done.

Without fail, visitors to my home compliment me on my kitchen and the superb colour and craftsmanship of the cabinets. They always ask me who did it and I do not hesitate to mention and recommend Joe Oliveira of Clareville Distinctive Kitchens.

Seven years later, I called Joe again to have a couple of the cabinet doors refinished due to wear and tear, as well as constant water exposure. Hard to believe, but he still remembered me and immediately set up an appointment to look at the cabinets. He arrived promptly at the given time and seemed amazed that the kitchen still looked as good as new, complimenting me on how I have maintained it throughout the years. He then explained what must be done to match the colour of the new cabinets to that of the cabinets that had aged.

The following week his son, Michael, came to retrieve the cabinet. To make sure he would be removing the right cabinet doors, he brought the diagram/bluepint of my kitchen with him. Apparently, his dad had kept my records, which really impressed me as well. Needless to say, Joe once again delivered. All my cabinets are as great as they used to be.

I am confident my kitchen will not need further renovations any time soon, but if I have to do it in my next lifetime, I will definitely seek out Joe. He treats his cabinets as works of art and his customer service is second to none.

noldy burkhardt from Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

I had a vision in my head and Joe brought it to life the colour is perfect and the finish IMMACULATE!! And that is a professional opinion, I’ve been a professional painter for over 25 years and I know an immaculate finish when I see one…thanks Joe!! ( or perhaps I should be thanking your son who I understand sprayed them…nice job!!) . The cabinets don’t just look good they have the feel of quality thanks to the hardware and solid construction. Then the whole experience is topped off with great advice, generosity and competitive pricing…

Thanks Joe and the rest of the crew at Clareville Distinctive Kitchens

Martin in Mississauga

We renovated our kitchen and bathroom and purchased our cabinets from Clareville Distinctive Kitchens.
We explored the big box stores but found we were getting more tailored designs by dealing with Clareville.
Our experience with Joe was excellent. The workmanship is superb and he provided good suggestions for us to consider.
His pre-sales and after-sales service was exceptional. Many months after the installation, we had a minor misalignment with a drawer track and Joe promptly fixed it.
Joe is an honest, consciensious craftsman and I have recommended him to others.

Ben and Nancy from Brampton

We are so delighted with our new kitchen designed by Joe from Clairville Distinctive Kitchens. We chose maple cabinets with Espresso finish and stainless steel pulls. Wow!! The new look is stunning. Many thanks to Joe and his friendly staff for creating our new unique kitchen.

Rahim Lalani in Toronto

A new kitchen was a top priority during our recent home renovation, and we were lucky enough to find Joe for the job. Of all the contractors and companies we dealt with during our renovation, Joe and his staff were the absolute best! Our kitchen turned out beautifully, and the quality of the cabinets and workmanship surpassed our expectations. Joe was also a pleasure to work with – he listened to every idea we had, improved it, and made it a reality. He went out of his way to make sure that our kitchen was perfect. We highly recommend Clareville Distinctive Kitchens! 10+++

More about Clareville Distinctive Kitchens