Window Concepts Of Milwaukee Inc.

Windows & Doors Installation & Service
2325 Parklawn Dr Waukesha WI 53186
Windows & Doors Installation & Service
Window Concepts Of Milwaukee Inc.

Reviews for Window Concepts Of Milwaukee Inc.

Rachael in Waukesha
Rachael in Waukesha
1 review WAUKESHA, WI

Windows and Siding

I recently had Window Concepts install all of my windows including a bay window and siding. I love the products and the installation was exceptional. It was a little more than other estimates I had received, but well worth the additional money I invested. The installers were very respectful and did an excellent job cleaning up after themselves. I would absoutely recommend this company.

Jen in Bay view
Jen in Bay view
1 review Milwaukee, WI

Replacement Windows

We too had a similar experience with ice buildup. The only time we had ice inside our house in the past was with our original 1940 windows. So, you can understand my frustration when I noticed ice on the inside of my NEW, “energy efficient” windows. Apparently these windows have an issue with condensation building up, something that the sales rep declined to mention. To lessen the problem, we are to turn the humidity down, not have window treatments, and wipe down the windows. AFTER the fact, they send you a pamphlet explaining how you are supposed to coddle these windows, live in a dry house, have no window treatments, wipe them down, etc. Really? All of this is very peculiar to me since half of our house has windows by another manufacturer, all of which have window treatments (blinds and curtains) and we have NEVER had ice on the inside of the windows, even on the coldest days on record. And, the only condensation that forms on these windows is in the bathroom after a warm shower but even that evaporates shortly thereafter.
We were also told that we need to close these windows very gently or else they won’t latch (the top will slide down)! From my inspection, the latch is the root of the problem. The seal is not tight or well insulated, allowing very cold air in, making the window around this area very cold on the inside, further exacerbating the problem. I do not recommend this company or their product. It is a shame too because the installers did such a great job and they came recommend to me. When I have a spare $5,000, I am ripping these out for new quality windows. I guess you get what you pay for and I should have forked over $1,000 more for windows that were not so high maintenance and truly energy efficient.

RonB in WA
RonB in WA
1 review West Allis, WI

Window replacements

I had a Bow window and slider replaced in my living room. Installation was exceptional! However, it appears these windows are only good to about 20 degrees and above. Below that they have problems with keeping out the cold. Last year and this with the frigid weather I had ice form on both window bottoms and the seat on the bow is woefully under insulated (they only used 1/2" of insulation). Last year we had nothing but a huge cold draft coming off of the window that we had blankets on our shoulders sitting next to it. They came and looked at it, but only pinned too much humidity as the problem. Well, I have cheap Sempco wood windows in the house that are 20 years old and none of them have ice forming on them in this cold. They won't stand behind this unless the window is actually broken in some manner to where it has to be replaced. In the summer the windows do what they are supposed to. I understand cold and glass issues, but if this is normal for their windows then I should be reimbursed for the electric cost to melt the ice off that forms every three hours - like I have nothing better to do with my time. I will never recommend them or these windows.