Wilson Hardware Company

Building Supplies and Hardware
812 Monroe Ave Rochester NY 14607
HomeStars  >  Building Supplies and Hardware in Rochester  >  Wilson Hardware Company

Review for Wilson Hardware Company

schnarkles
schnarkles
1 review , NY

lawnmower repair

This is one local establishment that you should visit with caution, if at all. We dropped off a push lawnmower for sharpening after they claimed they'd be able to take care of it that afternoon. That quickly changed to a week, and then to two weeks. We went to get it back after 2.5 weeks and were told it was broken and couldn't be repaired. We were then told that they don't service push mowers and that the person who originally received the machine was mistaken when he told us they could. There was no apology or acknowledgement of responsibility, only a claim that they would alert the person responsible of the situation. To summarize: we dropped off a functional push mower with the claim it would be sharpened that day and 2+ weeks later we got back a broken machine. Because we weren't charged I can't claim that they're scam artists (although they did try to sell me a new machine for $130), but they're certainly unprofessional and incompetent. I'm saddened by the fact that I'll no longer be able to give my business to this nearby establishment.