Appliance Canada

HomeStars  >  Appliance Retailers in Vaugha  >  Appliance Canada

Reviews for Appliance Canada

pegah in Toronto
pegah in Toronto

Terrible service for a major Reno

I have to start by saying that this is my very first review ever written regarding a company's performance...I am so fed up with them that I though I should share my experience...My friends also have had same issues with them ....I Spent at least $15000 buying appliances . I have never seen anything like their service! it is terrible . every single delivery , something went wrong... they kept delivering wrong appliances , scratching my floor and they kept promising that they will compensate for all the terrible service, and they still haven't !!! I keep sending them emails every week after two months and they just ignore it. This is not at all the service I was expecting from a large company... don't waste your time !

A nightmare to deal with from day 1 and continues

Bought a kitchen full of appliances from this company in 2016. Everything up until they got payment on my appliances was wonderful. From there it became a night mare. Appliances were not delivered on the day and time they said. I lost money because I had contractors and electrician in my home waiting to install them. I had to pay these people their hourly wage to sit and do nothing because Appliance Canada failed.
Fast forward to 6 months after installation - oven stops working. Called them for service, they tried t charge me 200.00 for the repair, saying the wall oven has to be removed from the wall and we need to men to do that, so you have to pay for it. Where else would you expect a WALL OVEN to be installed other than in a WALL? At no time during my purchase did they ever disclose this to me. They said, it's in your manufacture manual. That manual was in the box with the appliance on the day it was delivered (AFTER I had bought and paid for it). This was a material fact that needed to be disclosed PRIOR to me buying, because it would have affected my decision to buy. You cannot deceive customer by slipping information in small print into a box that gets delivered to them AFTER they have purchased a product.
Fast forward: in less than a year of owning these appliances I have had 3 repairs...each repair I was without the use of my oven for approx 20-25 days. Same problem each time - buttons on the control panel stop responding. I was told when I bought my appliances (I have 3 witnesses who were with me the day I bought and heard the saleperson say this to me when he was trying to sell me extended warranty: "if we have to repair an appliance 3 times we will replace it".
Conversation with Samira, Customer Service Mgr today and she said "that's not true, we don't replace ovens we will continue to repair them". Yeah, that's not gonna happen I guarantee you of that. I will not continue to go on like this and be without the use of my oven every few months for about 25 days at a time until my extended warranty wears out. It will not happen. I also suspect they're repairing with used parts.
Samira also said and I quote: "You have to give us a chance to fix this". My response: "You've had 3 chances to fix this and you have failed, now you need to make a decision as to how you're going to handle this to resolve this problem once and for all or I will need to take matters into my own hands and forge ahead with a lawsuit for breach of contract."
She said: "Well now we're going to get Bosch involved this time , and explain to them that the technician told you there is a problem with thee control panels and they need to do something about it".
Interesting words. Why? Because those words were exactly what she said to me in Aug when the oven broke. I have kept a detailed account and recording of all my dealings with Appliance Canada and all my conversations. I went back and checked and in Aug she said those exact same words to me.
So here I am without the use of my oven again. Initially placed my repair call this time on Nov 16th, 2017, it's now Nov 28th and still no one has shown up. Yet I was told a repair person would contact me within 24 to 48 hrs. It's now been 12 days.
Do you see the pattern of deceit and dishonesty here?

Best salesperson

Ravneet was awesome! Courteous and pleasant. She knew exactly what I wanted and made it happen!!! Truly best experience. Highly recommend Ravneet , you'll be very pleased with her service. She's amazing!

GM in Waterloo
GM in Waterloo
1 review Waterloo, ON

Frigidaire Dishwasher

I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Frigidaire! This is not the same quality company that our parents use to believe in. My dishwasher, purchased new 4 years ago for $800 has always given us issues. Fortunately we purchased an extended service contract. 1 year ago right before my warranty ended we had to replace the whole control panel. Now 1 year later, the same piece needs replacing again at a cost of $330. I called Frigidaire who was nice enough to offer me names of people in the area that could fix it (at my cost). Thanks for nothing! Obviously the part wouldn't cost them $330 and yet no support that in 4 years there product is worth garbage. I work in the automotive industry where people are quick to hold me accountable even if it's the manufacturer's fault, often times I need to pay to keep customers happy. This doesn't seem to be the same practice in the appliance world I guess! I will be buying a new dishwasher and it won't be a Frigidaire.

bad customer service

We have purchased our kitchen appliances from Appliance Canada and had them delivered to us on June 30th. Right away, we noticed damage on the fridge and freezer doors (dents).We informed them about the damage. After several calls and a wait of over 3 weeks, a technician was able to assess the damage.
It has now been 2 months since we received the damaged products with no replacement provided yet.

Jennell in Toronto
Jennell in Toronto

Bad customer service

This is a really nice appliance store with great prices and as long as you go into the store you are fine but good luck trying to get anyone to call you back for a follow up. Upon delivery of our appliances we had the wrong fridge delivered and damage to one of the appliances. Because they had already taken the fridge inside our house the delivery guys would not take it back and said call customer service and complain. Our other appliance we noticed there were a few dents and we rejected the delivery. It took more than a week for someone to call us back after we were calling literally almost twice a day to resolve our fridge situation. With our other appliance, it took them another 2 weeks for them to answer our call because they could not locate it. We still do not have this appliance and no one has called me back. I just want to know what is going on.....

Barbara in Toronto
Barbara in Toronto

Fisher & Paykel dishwasher

Absolutely thrilled with service from the moment I stepped into the Castlefield location until the delivery truck left my home. The salesman was informative, helpful and patient with our questions. The delivery was on time!! Such a rarity these days. I would certainly recommend this store and am planning to go back soon.

Carmen in Oakville
Carmen in Oakville

Kitchen appliances

Our experience purchasing new appliances for our kitchen was exceptional. We had been shopping around at the major high end shops and quite by accident noted that Appliance Canada had recently opened in our neighbourhood. My experience, from the time I walked through the door was far superior to the competition. Hasan went above and beyond in my opinion, helping us decide which units would work best in our space and meet our lifestyle needs. We couldn't be happier. Both the quality and the price exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend Appliance Canada.

Tryfona in Vaughan
Tryfona in Vaughan

Kitchen Reno

My experience with this company was fantastic. I dealt with the store manager who was manning the front desk due to shortage of staff. He was exceptional not only in service but in helping us stay within budget and also knowing the products well enough to help us chose the appropriate appliances for our situation. He right sold us and even though he had an opportunity to up-sell he kept our eyes on what was right for us. I would expect his sales people follow his lead. Give them a try, we were very happy. Thanks Shane you were awesome.

chris in Woodbridge
chris in Woodbridge

Kitchen Reno

Hassan from the Mississauga locations was excellent, he was very patient and took the time to explain all of our concerns, and was able to price out different brands to help us make a decision. Very satisfied.

More about Appliance Canada

Appliance retailer with locations in Toronto, Vaughan, and London.