HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Toronto  >  Your Friend With A Cube Van Inc.

Reviews for Your Friend With A Cube Van Inc.

Christine S.
Christine S.

Reliable, friendly and reasonably priced!

I've now moved with this company 3 times and each time they were wonderful! They're always on time, friendly and work quickly. There are no hidden fees or costs, everything that they tell you upfront stays the same on move day. They also very accurately estimate the move time but will adjust what you're charged based on the exact time they start and finish. I've had several friends and family use them as well, would highly recommend!

Hi, Christine. Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so glad to have been able to help you with all of your moves. You've been great to work with. We always try our best to do the best work we can and are happy that you're happy!

416.960.2048 - www.yfcv.ca

Yoel in Toronto
Yoel in Toronto

Moving - Damaged TV, refused compensation

BEWARE - they may break something expensive and not cover the damage. My $800 flat-screen TV suffered compression damage during the move, most likely because it was not handled properly. Their contract specifically excludes a long list of items from liability. What this means is that if THEY break it, YOU are on the hook for it. Be VERY careful before entrusting your expensive items to this firm -- it may cost you!

Desjardins in Toronto
Desjardins in Toronto

YFCV Moving Services - Highly Recommended

Form start to finish, the service provided by YFCV was outstanding. The customer service team booked me in on short notice and they were all very friendly. The moving team was not only efficient but friendly as well. The movers (Florian and John A.) worked intelligently and quickly. They cost was very reasonable especially given the quality of the service. Would highly recommend engaging YFCV.

Thank you for the review. It was great working with you and we're glad you were happy with the service. I'll pass on your review to the guys! We all hope you enjoy your new home.

Moving, Packing, Assembling and Delivery
416.960.2048 - www.yfcv.ca

David and in Toronto
David and in Toronto

Horrible Experience

This is without a doubt the worst moving company I've ever hired. I'm going to just state facts in point form. To summarize, in case you don't want to read this: There were thousands of dollars of damage done, they were slow and sloppy, they didn't work hard, and only responded to my damages claim after 3 emails a couple weeks apart and the threat of a lawsuit.

On the way in:

-They were extremely slow. They worked like they were getting paid by the hour. They did not show care, or seem to have any strategy for wrapping items nor putting them in the truck. Most of the time one person would be working and the other person would be watching them.

-After I specifically instructed mover Eric to please put moving blankets between each painting and picture, he agreed. I came back 10 minutes later to see he had stacked all 15 pictures and paintings against each other, with nothing in between them, not even going back to back, front to front. The weight and friction of this (especially wires against the front of each piece of art caused many scratches on both the frames and actual art, seriously damaging them. He could offer no explanation as to why he didn't do as he said he would, and commented that they were in fact damaged, and that he knows that often the frames are more expensive than the pieces. Although parts of this are covered in their waiver, the damage occured not during the move, but before, because the mover didn't actually wrap them. Estimated damages to frames and art by art repairer: $3000

-Eric later decided that even though I asked him to please wrap our fabric headboard before moving it, that it was ok not to, and that it was a good idea to please it fabric side down on the floor of the garbage room/moving area. Then later, on the floor of the dusty, dirty moving truck

-After I asked mover Alex to please get back to work, he had a freak out, screamed at me, stopped working and walked off. The boss (Denis) came by and couldn't find him. He was pouting in the truck, as his boss was doing his job for him. He was in there, getting paid, not working, for over an hour. Eventually Denis convinced him to come out and work, but he mostly just stood around.

-They stored our stuff for the week while our new place was undergoing renos. Because of the trouble, they waived the storage fee which was very nice. They also didn't charge us for wardrobe boxes, which again was very nice.

A week later on the move in:

-They used 3 movers to speed up the process. They lifted an armoire (fairly heavy) and placed it down too hard on one leg, and it snapped.

-1 mover (Mike) arrived from the storage facility to our house, and got to work. Even though he left at the same time as the other two, they decided to go for coffee (while we were paying them $135/hour) and arrived 25 minutes after him.

-They dropped the aforementioned armoire down the stairs while moving it 5 times. This was due to constant miscommunications about how to lift it. I've moved this armoire with my dad 3 times and never had a problem. We are not professional movers. Yes, 5 times. Of course it was dented all over with gouges and scratches. Estimated damage by carpenter: $1500

-The stairs were also destroyed from the armoire crashing into the 5 times. Not just scratched, but dented and gouged all over. They will have to be completely replaced. Estimated replacement cost by carpenter: $2000

I stupidly paid the bill after this and should have refused. It took 3 emails to get a response about the damages claim, and they got back to me only after I told them I would be taking them to small claims court. I sent pictures of all the damages, of course. They came and took a look, and then I didn't hear from them for a couple weeks despite numerous emails. Eventually, they told me they would offer me $300 as compensation. Wanting to be done with them, I took it rather than pursue them in small claims court. They did fix the glass for one of the pictures that was broken, so there's that. $300 to offset about $6500 worth of damages. I sure learned my lesson about going with a cheap moving company!

Dear David:

Thank you for your feedback. While we strive to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and have an above average rating as professional movers in the GTA, according to Google Reviews, we realize that sometimes mistakes happen. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to satisfy your needs and acknowledge that we have differing opinions regarding fair compensation. On behalf of Your Friend with a Cube Van, we apologize for our mistakes and wish you the very best in your new home.

Esther in Toronto
Esther in Toronto

Move

I highly recommend using this company to move. They arrived early and were incredibly efficient and skilled movers. As a bonus, Jan and Anthony were so kind and personable, and especially helpful when we had a building issue right at the beginning of the move. Thank you guys so much!

Hi, Esther.

We are so glad to hear you had a good experience and hope you are feeling at home in your new place. We know moving can be stressful! I've passed on your kind works to Jan and Anthony! We look forward to helping you with any future moving needs.

Autumn

Unsatisfied in Old Toronto
Unsatisfied in Old Toronto

YOUR ‘FRIENDS’ WITH A CUBE VAN – PROFESSIONAL MOVERS - I THINK NOT!

Moving is a very stressful thing to start with and I (thought) I was lucky that a family member offered to pay for professional movers to take some stress off my plate. Here is the professional service I received.
- 30 min late - 9am booking downtown Toronto, excuse traffic. Who doesn’t bank for traffic in Toronto on a weekday at rush hour?
- Ordered wardrobe boxes. Came with none - had to have them brought over.
- Damaged my desk but repaired it
- Asked repeatedly use blankets so they wouldn’t scratch the wall. Ignored and scratched a door and a wall.
- Van too small - had to bring in another & tried to charge us for it.
- Took chunk out of wall at new residence
- Brought another worker on later, who we never asked for, and tried to charge us for it.
- Label boxes so they knew where to put them, ignored.
- Lamp shade crushed but managed to pop it out, a drawer frame to a bed ripped of the track, I managed to repair.
They lost a box with gold rimmed glassware I got from my wedding – asked to be reimbursed & told by the owner,” that’s absolutely not going to happen”! I had a complete dining service from my wedding no longer complete.
I can only warn others to steer clear of such unprofessional people.
For this shoddy service we paid $1100, plus at least $300 I’m out (for my glassware) . Nice ‘Friends’!

Dear Anonymous:

I’m Sara Novak, Office Manager at Your Friend with a Cube Van. I was very distressed to read your review as we take great pride in our customer’s satisfaction. I spoke to the crew and the owner and would like to offer some feedback:

We understand Toronto traffic, and always take rush hour into consideration when booking a job. However, there are many traffic-factors that are not in our control. Forgetting to bring along wardrobe boxes was our mistake but we made it right. We try to be as accurate as possible whenever estimating the time it will take for a move, based on the information supplied to us. I understand that the job was booked by your mom, who has wasn’t living in your house at the time of the booking. I also understand from the crew that some of your family members were helping during the move which makes it awkward when trying to pinpoint the location of a lost box. In our experience, lost boxes are sometimes mislaid and turn up. We certainly hope this is the case with your wedding glassware. Lastly, when we send a contract to our clients, we suggest the contract be read to ensure our limits and liability are clear, even requiring our customers to initial that they have read it before we proceed with the move. It is our hope that you find the lost box and that you settle into your new home with ease.

Karoth in Old Toronto
Karoth in Old Toronto

Best Movers in Town

If you are looking for a mover, you need not look any further, YFCV is the right choice. That is my experience. Living in Toronto for more than two decades, this was our 3rd move and I have never come across a more fair, friendly and professional team. Thank you for making something as tedious as a move so easy for us. Wishing you all the best.

Karoth

Moving Houses

Professional, timely and a pleasure to work with. They did everything they said they would and with a smile. I would happily recommend their services to anyone looking to move.

Thank you so much for the review. We appreciate it and are pleased that you had a good moving experience! And what's not to smile about?

Thanks,
381 Dundas St E, Toronto, ON M5A 2A6

JR
JR

Excellent Service

We really like this company. Very customer focussed during booking process, and Alex and Juan, the movers, were super service oriented and made the move a pleasure. We highly recommend "Your Friend With A Cube Van."
Janet

Hi, Janet.
Thank you for the review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us! We look forward to helping you with any of your future moving needs!

Moving, Packing, Assembling and Delivery services
381 Dundas St E, Toronto, ON M5A 2A6, (Dundas & Ontario)
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2k1Hjyo Twitter: http://bit.ly/2jVK2oS
Pinterest: http://bit.ly/2jVWaGs Youtube: http://bit.ly/2jvLBNo

More about Your Friend With A Cube Van Inc.

Your Friend with a Cube Van is a fully licensed and insured assembly, disassembly, packing, moving and delivery company. We help individuals and businesses move around the GTA at affordable prices since 2002. We offer complete packing services by bringing you the advice, supplies and tools you need to pack ...
Looking for Moving & Storage pros in Toronto?