Woodcraft

Reviews for Woodcraft

DAVID in Oakville
DAVID in Oakville

Bedroom Set

We got a bedroom set and the colour was darker than we ordered and the finish was chipping off. They replaced the set with another newly-made set. The finishing was better and the colour a little better, but the colour was still darker than we had ordered. After 4 months, I just gave up and accepted that this was as good as it was going to get. In summary, the customer service is good, the delivery guys are good, the woodworking is good ... but the finishing on our furniture was poor. They just don't have the expertise to get some colours right.

Merav Cooper from Vaughan
Merav Cooper from Vaughan

Dining room table and Chairs

We bought our dining room table and chairs from Woodcraft. We actually went there because they carried the chairs we liked and fell in love with a table as well. Rita was extremely helpful and patient with us (they have lots to chose from plus we had our 7 month old son with us). Today, we have received the table and chairs and I was actually so impressed with the guys that delivered them that I had to write a review. These guys are employed by Woodcraft, so they are not just a delivery service. They were very careful when unloading the chairs and table and even set it up for me. They told me how to treat the table and we even put felt stickers on the bottom of the table. The chairs were wrapped in some sort of a fabric bag and they suggested I keep it for future in case we will paint the walls so the chairs will be protected. I don't want to go on and on but this was part 2 of the great service we had at the store. From start to finish (store purchase and delivery) this was a great experience. I hope more people consider Woodcraft when chosing Canadian made product!
Merav and Iain Cooper

Sharon in East york
Sharon in East york
1 review East York, ON

Sideboard

I ordered my sidetable in May of this year. I have no colour sense so showed the salewoman, Liz, a picture of the dining room on my phone. Liz and my daughter picked the colour and it's absolutely perfect! The sidetable was delivered the other day and I could not be happier! The things I asked for are there, the finish is perfect and the guys delivering were great. I would highly recommend Woodcraft to anyone looking for a good piece of furniture.

FV Toronto
FV Toronto

New Bedroom Set

Woodcraft
905-475-2488
370 Denison St
Markham
L3R 1B9

The wait was worth it! 10 weeks later, i had my brand new bedroom set delivered. It was beautiful. The delivery guys were very professional, and careful moving the pieces into my bedroom. I had the dresser custom made to fit against a wall in my bedroom, perfit fit! Would definately recommend Woodcraft to anyone. My next purchase will be a new kitchenette and know exactly where to get it!

d ontario
d ontario
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

dining table

Maple dining table was delivered with finish with a brownish tint that did not match showroom nor sample. Owner was very belligerent. He said it was fine. He wanted extra $250+delivery(both ways) to fix (also no guarantee that the finish would be to our satisfaction). In the end, he gave us $250 back. Not enough to get it refinished elsewhere, but better than nothing. (We were not going to pay him extra $ with no guarantee.) Not good service when one is paying for custom work.

Malini
Malini

Dining set

When our Maple dining table was delivered,we noticed that the leafs were very slightly misaligned and the colour was not exactly uniform.Woodcraft sent in their people a couple of times to work on it and finally replaced it with a new table.They addressed our concerns in a very professional and helpful manner till we were fully satisfied.

Beware from thornhill
Beware from thornhill
2.5/10

Stereo and T.V. Cabinet

We ordered in mid December 05 two pieces of furniture, one piece that was customized and the other was a standard piece. The time frame for pick up was to be about 6 weeks( mid to end of Jan.06)In fib.06 I called to find out where the furniture was and eventually they got back to me and said there was a delay but that it was coming soon, I received a call in march 06 saying I could pick up the pieces in a couple of days but when I went they could only find one piece and it needed to be repaired as the finish was not acceptable and they agreed to repair. I requested twice to speak with the owner or have him call me regarding appropriate compensation for these problems but was not granted this request.It came to my attention later that the original order was taken by the owner.The only consolation that was offered was free delivery which was of no value to me as I planned to pick up because of my nearness to the company.I was very disappointed with their service to me and when the pieces finally arrived (mid march 06) there was no shelf pins to support the shelves. Having previously been in the furniture manufacturing business I resolved to supply the pins myself and be done with this company. Well to my surprise when I installed the shelf pins the holes on the two sides of the cabinet did not line up and the shelves noticeably fell to the right.This workmanship is disgusting considering their claim to fine craftsmanship since 1974 and the price I paid!

Anna from Aurora-315
Anna from Aurora-315
9.5/10

Dining table and chairs

Great product. Service was a bit inconsistent in store for our few visits and delivery notification was a bit short but the product is of top quality and we are very pleased with our purchase.

Hayley, Thornhill
Hayley, Thornhill

Purchase of kitchen table, 6 chairs, and an armoir

Woodcraft salespeople are helpful and patient. The products are high quality and beautiful. I liked the ability to customize table legs and colour of wood finish. The showroom is extensive. I also received a tour of the plant!

More about Woodcraft

Fine solid wood furnitures. Custom finishing, restoration & repairs. Workshop & Showroom location.
Looking for Furniture Refinish & Repair pros in Thornhill?