Winmar

Reviews for Winmar

Rachel from CM Staging Solutions Inc
Rachel from CM Staging Solutions Inc

water damage

I was really dissatisfied with how little this company did. I am in the moving business and I had significant water damage to my facility and they charged 5 times more than the industry standard, my moving blankets have gone missing along with other items and brought in another sleazy company Naipal restoration. A job that should have cost $8000 to move and $8000 to store they charged $55000 and almost bankrupted me. I would never recommend this company.

Jeanette from Orangeville
Jeanette from Orangeville
1 review ,

waterproofing around the house

They charged 5 times more what another company would charge. I was fooled by their lifetime warranty. They put plastic wrap around the foundation which ripped within 2 years, and they would not honor the lifetime warranty to repair it. Their work is sloppy. I would advise NOT to use Winmar.

Sarah from Oakville
Sarah from Oakville

Driveway repair

I recently had some substantial damage to my driveway as the result of a storm. I used Winmar to repair and seal my driveway, and they did a great job - made sure to schedule for when they knew the weather conditions would be ideal, and let me know what they were doing every step of the way (i.e., what return trips they would need to touch up seal, which days they would be coming, why they chose the days they did... due to weather). The job they did was great, and i would use them again.

Lola in Moose jaw
Lola in Moose jaw
2 reviews Moose Jaw, SK

Water damage clean-up/restoration

Winmar Moose Jaw. Quick to arrive and clean-up after flooding. Good job on the clean-up and dry out. I would not recommend them for anything else. I am so far out $1800 (after insurance) fixing the problems they created. Get quotes in writing, as verbal quotes from them are much lower than what you are billed. Poorly installed baseboards, toilet leaked, new shower leaked - had to have it replumbed, and then went to use it to find that it was not properly sealed causing new water damage. It was installed so poorly that the new contractor can't even salvage it and we need to get a new one. The Winmar rep was full of excuses and half apologies. I chose not to have them come back and 'fix' anything after the shoddy workmanship. I was afraid of what further damage they might do.

Jean
Jean

Home REstoration - After flood damage

I was living in a condo that experienced severe flood damage from the unit above. My home insurance recommended Winmar to manage the repairs. They put in the minimum effort, took 4 months to complete the job, and complained when I asked them to return and fix the paint that was peeling off the walls!! At one point they tried to get me to return a signed form indocating that the job was completed and they were no longer responsible for their work - I signed nothing!! I'm not impressed.

Blevine from Toronto
Blevine from Toronto

9.8/10

Water damage

We had some water damage during the installation of a flat roof last summer, and I hired Winmar to help determine what remedial steps needed to be undertaken. The company's after hours service dropped the ball, but the company responded quickly and professionally once I got them directly. The estimator was very professional and explained the conditions under which mold can grow, and he also explained how a previous contractor had used a heat sensing gun to "scare us" into buying his service. Winmar wrote us a very professional report to present to the roofer with very fast turnaround. A pleasure to do business with.