Winmar

Reviews for Winmar

Mark in Mississauga
Mark in Mississauga

Residential Roofing

My house roofing work is just completed recently and I am very happy with their service and quality. Their employees are very friendly and hardworking. Roof looks awesome ... I highly recommend them ...

restoration of bathroom--TERRIBLE

TERRIBLE experience. The flange in the floor broke in Sep 2017. It took 6 weeks before Winmar sent out people to do the repairs. I was without the use of that bathroom for a week and a half before they returned to do the rest of the work. When they returned, they still did not complete the work. They broke the bolts from the flange in the floor. As of Jan 2018--the issue is still not fixed. My insurance company sent me a survey re the work that was done. I complained to them and told them that if Winmar is a preferred restoration company, I would hate to see a company that is not preferred. I thought I would give Winmar 1 last chance to make good on the repairs. Anthony dropped off some screws and a cap for their plumber to do the repairs. These screws have nothing to do with the damaged area. I have now contacted my plumber from Mr Rooter (reputable and licenced per Ontario College of Trades) to come and fix this. Note that Winmar charged amounts that a licenced professional would charge on the invoice. This invoice is what was charged to my insurance company and me as I will have to pay the deductible. However, Winmar did not use licenced professionals to do the work as I checked them per the Ontario College of Trades. Plumbers and electricians must be registered here. I had sarcastically stated in Oct 2017 that I hoped the repairs would be finished by Christmas. It is now Jan 2018. The issue took place mid Sep 2017. If you have damage done to your home and contact your insurance company to refer a company to do the restoration--DO NOT accept Winmar. Have them provide the name of another company to do the work.

Still waiting...

The other persons story sounds eerily familiar. After water damage to the flooring our insurance company recommended Winmar. While they were quick to assess the situation I have yet to see any work being done (> 4 mths). I'm waiting for the bare minimum to start. I was hoping to have some extra work, but being billed so much more than I expected with nothing to show for it yet.

WINMAR Cambridge came through for me!

After having a toilet leak into my family room ceiling, and contacting my insurance company, a restoration business was called into to remove and replace the ceiling. They were terrible and the whole project became derailed.

My insurance company brought in another restoration company, WINMAR Cambridge, to finish the project. They went above and beyond for me, and my family room has never looked so good. It is beautiful! Thank you, WINMAR Cambridge!!!

1 review Burnaby, BC

Insurance claim, fire damage, horrible experience

Worst experience dealing with Winmar, could not meet deadlines, cheap labor resulted in poor quality of work. Took no accountability for their work. Can private professional review their work, and they said the project was a mess. Had to spend my own money to fix their mistakes. Stay away form Winmar!!

new roof

I am very satisfied with winmar, thier employees are friendly and knowledgeable with answering the questions I asked. I would recommend winmar to my friends and family. They are professional, they got the roof done in a timely fashion and left no mess behind that what surprise me the most. So, I would not hesitate to recommend Winmar to anyone.

Ario from Toronto
Ario from Toronto

Floor restoration

I used Winmar as recommended by my insurance company adjustor to restore a damaged floor due to building flooding outside of my control. Winmar had a flooring specialist take care of my floor. He was incredibly responsive and very nice, however the job wasn't done, the rest of the job required the Winmar Project Manager to follow up with other specialists. Needless to say, after weeks of chasing him, calling him making and appointments on the day he was suppose to come, he didn't. I called, he said he'll investigate and call back, he never did and completely stopped answering my calls or calling me back to a point where I had to re-engage the adjustor. It's unfortunate how one person can give an entire company a horrible name and reputation.

Rachel from CM Staging Solutions Inc
Rachel from CM Staging Solutions Inc
2 reviews North York, ON

water damage

I was really dissatisfied with how little this company did. I am in the moving business and I had significant water damage to my facility and they charged 5 times more than the industry standard, my moving blankets have gone missing along with other items and brought in another sleazy company Naipal restoration. A job that should have cost $8000 to move and $8000 to store they charged $55000 and almost bankrupted me. I would never recommend this company.

Jeanette from Orangeville
Jeanette from Orangeville
1 review ,

waterproofing around the house

They charged 5 times more what another company would charge. I was fooled by their lifetime warranty. They put plastic wrap around the foundation which ripped within 2 years, and they would not honor the lifetime warranty to repair it. Their work is sloppy. I would advise NOT to use Winmar.