Wilson Furniture

Nancy in Trenton
Nancy in Trenton
1 review Quinte West, ON

Poorly

I went to Wilsons furniture store knowing a few friends that have purchased and they were satisfied. I'm not satisfied with their furniture. They say their not a box store they're worse at least you will receive a phone call back. I have been trying to reach and leaving messages for the owner to call me and always been told hes not here. They sure have the customer service when you have your pocket book opened but, when the deal is done they lack very poorly in trying to fix their problems. This has been going on since Sept. 2018 when it was delivered. They don't care after the money has been received. I purchased furniture for a three bedroom bungalow from Wilson's Furniture. I recommend do not buy from them go to a box store. The colour of the recliner sofa and chair is not the same colour that was in their leather store. The end tables are a brown not grey which i ordered. The three bedroom suites i ordered there were defects in two of them. They did send a company over to fix them after being put through stress of conversations on the phone. Now i receive no phone call or when i do call im told the furniture store manager is not in. I want these issues to be looked after and of course they wont be. They have my money now and that's all it counts for. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS FARM STORE.

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our service. We are aware that there were issues with your bedroom furniture, and we arranged for a professional to resolve these issues in your home, as you noted. Regarding the colours and finishes of your sofa and tables, we verified that these items were delivered as ordered. Sometimes, items appear differently in home than from samples or catalogues. Unfortunately, special orders are not returnable. These were explained by our customer service manager. Our store manager also confirmed he had left several voice messages as well. If there are any other outstanding matters we can help with, feel free to contact us.

J. Hamilton
J. Hamilton
2 reviews Newcastle, ON

Bedroom Set

Reason for selecting store, Wilsons is not one of the big box stores, has been in business for many years. Business passed down family lines. Sales rep. Jessica listened, has experience in interior decorating, great customer rapport, we also met owner. Simply a positive belief of a genuine client/company relationship. Delivery crew Jacob and Tony did their utmost of a two story delivery to ensure furniture not marred, truly a back breaking job. As humans we are quick to complain but not always as quick to compliment. Yes I would recommend you give Wilsons a visit and make your own decision.

dave omarra in Oshawa
dave omarra in Oshawa
9 reviews Oshawa, ON

Coach and chairs

Great friendly and professional service. There is nothing better than being able to choose your own fabric styles and not be stuck with the display samples. The staff and management were very good when we were looking and finally deciding to purchase. The delivery was also very professional

Thanks so much for your comments. we are proud of our sales and delivery team and pleased that you are happy with your experience.

Elaine Bucholtz from Greater Sudbury
Elaine Bucholtz from Greater Sudbury
2 reviews Sudbury, ON

New Living Room furniture

Our 92 yr. old mother made her first ever new furniture purchase @ Wilsons on Jan. 12, 2015. Needless to say, she was very excited, and we children were very happy for her. We were notified on March 5 th
that the material she had chosen for a chair was not available ! When Marta had us return to the store to choose another fabric, the explanation was not satisfactory as to why it took 8 weeks to learn that a fabric was no longer in stock, nor was she willing to do anything to compensate Mom for this distress. And with some condescending comments Mom also left feeling very upset with the treatment she received. This will be the last time that any of our large family will use Wilson Furniture , and we certainly will be telling everyone about this terrible experience . Wilson would benefit reading an article from Costco Connection Vol.27, # 6 entitled "Whine experts ". Wilson Furniture does not give Customer Service.

Trudy from Oshawa
Trudy from Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Sofa Upholstery

My experience with Wilson Furniture was horrible. As far as I'm concerned they have horrible customer service and I will do anything within my power to prevent anyone from buying from this horrible company. The owner literally told us we needed to put our own bedsheet on the floor if we didnt want the delivery guys walking on our floor with their shoes on

Thank you for your comment. We understand your frustration. Unfortunately, our delivery team must wear their shoes for safety sake. We have tried booties but these have proven to be unsafe as well.
We endeavor to provide a full delivery service that includes placing the furniture in the room and completing any set up required.
In inclement weather(and in good weather), our delivery team will wipe their shoes carefully. Many of our customers opt to place coverings over their floors for added protection.
This is something that we should discuss with you prior to delivery and we will take steps in future to make sure everyone understands .

Jim &.
Jim &.
4 reviews Whitby, ON

Chair purchase

Extremely poor customer service would not recommend this company at all. We purchased two chairs March 8 2014; were told that they would arrive in 6-8 weeks; did not receive any call-had to call myself after 8 week mark; told I would receive a call back after the weekend and no call; 1 week later I called back myself; no apologies for not returning the call; poor customer service over the phone - was told to talk with a manager who continued to provide poor customer service with his resolve being for us to cancel chairs we'd now waited close to 3 months for, July 9 2014 we finally picked up our chairs. For the cost of the chairs we'd expected a much better experience. Needless to say, WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS FURNITURE STORE TO ANYONE!

Gerry  in Oshawa
Gerry in Oshawa
1 review Oshawa, ON

Furniture

We have bought furniture on multiple occasions at Wilson's and have been very happy with the furniture we have bought. The last occasion, there were problems with the delivery and installation, and when we tried to get compensation for the damages...we got the cold shoulder and run around. This went as high as the manager and owner, who seemed to just want to ignore the problem, hoping we would give up.
It is very easy to give great service when nothing goes wrong, but the true test of a companies customer service, is how they treat you when there is a problem!! Wilson's failed miserably in this respect!

Hi Gerry. Sorry to hear about your experience . We appreciate your comments that our furniture is great. We aim to satisfy every customer, but sometimes we fall short. If you wish to contact us again, we will try to make it right.

Jean in Pickering
Jean in Pickering
2 reviews Pickering, ON

purchase livingroom furniture

We were really impressed with the sales people and their knowledge of their products. They were quite helpful in assisting us with colours and fabrics. Furniture was delivered on time...great service.

Hello Jean, we appreciate your review and hope you will visit us again soon.

Cliff from Oshawa
Cliff from Oshawa

Furniture Shopping

I would recommend them to anyone. They are a very reputable company that provided great srvice at a reasonable price. They were prompt with answers to all my questions. They provided good tips and advices in maintaining the good state of the product sold. I am very impressed with such diligent work that I saw in the associate that assisted me. Five Stars!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Cliff for your comments. We are fortunate to have a dedicated and educated sales team who really make an effort to help you find what you are looking for. Please drop in anytime. We appreciate your business.

Roberta-6093
Roberta-6093

8.5/10

Furnishing your home

Shopping at Wilson Furniture recently was a very positive experience. The staff were very knowledgeable and friendly, the furniture was lovely, and there was a wide selection. ALthough I was shopping for living room furniture, what I ended up loving the most about Wilson Furniture was the 'youth' furniture. They have absolutely gorgeous bedroom furniture for children (both young kids and teens). I spent a good half-hour looking at the children's furniture, and have decided that I'm going to recommend this place to friends who are looking for new furniture for their kids' rooms. Overall, the furniture here is very nice, and the price is competitive - worth a look!

Thanks Roberta for your kind comments. We are continually searching for new and unique furniture and we invite you to drop by again soon.

More about Wilson Furniture

Third generation family run furniture business serving Oshawa and area since 1934
Looking for Furniture pros in Oshawa?