Whirlpool Canada

Reviews for Whirlpool Canada

keri from Calgary
keri from Calgary

Washing machine a lemon! BUYER BEWARE

BUYER BEWARE! I bought a whirlpool washing machine from a major appliance retailer in Calgary in September 2018 . At the time of purchase I was told I had a one year manufacturers warranty. In June 2019 the machine lost power. After some trouble shooting, it seemed the washer stopped working after a power outage that lasted about 30 seconds.
I called Whirlpool and was told the warranty doesn't cover damages due to "power surges". NO other appliance of mine quit - not the fridge, microwave, stove, all of which are more than 8 years old and NOT Whirlpool appliances. The computer, air conditioner - all fine. After arguing with 3 different people Whirlpool FINALLY offered half off the price of the part (which costs $500). Not good enough as far as I'm concerned. Crystal, the supervisor, told me I was told at the time of my purchase the warranty doesn't cover power surges. Apparently I was "told" this because the service agreement "clearly states" power surges are not covered. What I WAS told when I bought the appliance is I have a one year manufacturers warranty. I find it disgraceful that Whirlpool refuses to stand by their products and will not acknowledge that I was sold a LEMON!

Cheryl in Oxford Junction
Cheryl in Oxford Junction
1 review Oxford Junction, NS

THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE

I have purchased 2 whirlpool products - My dishwasher is basically brand new only less than a mth old and it has a mind of its own. it runs whenever it wants. they replaced the static touch panel and the same night it was running in the middle of the night. Then for my stove , I bought it in 2016 and was installed in March of 2017. the finish is coming off around the touch controls. I bought the stainless steel stove thinking everything that looked like stainless steel was actually stainless steel but was I wrong!!.. the finish around the touch control is only a coating not actually stainless and its coming off and of course they won't cover it because its past the 30 day cosmetic warranty... this is bull ... it will cost over $100 just to get a tech to come look plus I understand the panel could be as much as $400... I will NEVER buy Whirlpool products again. and will make sure that everyone I know will not buy their products either... this Company is a joke.

maestro in Scarborough
maestro in Scarborough
1 review London, ON

Terrible product and even worse customer service.

My Whirlpool washer is 5 months old and does one wash per day. It started leaking rust into the drum so a Whirlpool Service Rep looked at it and told me I was using the wrong soap and should use hot water once in a while......it's leaking rust! How will that help?! I had a repairman look at it, he said the drum is rusted out and needed to by replaced. Whirlpool then said we should press the "refresh" button 3 times...again, it's leaking rust! Whirlpool said there was nothing further they could do since the washer was for commercial use, even though it was only one load per day, and we had an independent repairman look at it so Whirlpool was absolved of responsibility. A 5 month old Whirlpool washer is now going to the trash and Whirlpool said there's nothing they can do. This was a terrible experience in service and finding excuses to not take responsibility for a faulty Whirlpool product.

Enza in Québec
Enza in Québec

Kitchen Aid Fridge and Stove

I can't believe that a company can treat people so poorly leaving us hanging with appliances that I think could be seconds or refurbished I bought 3 appliances and 2 of them have already had problems. These appliance are still under a year old? They make appointments then cancel them. My fridge stopped working it's been over 2 weeks and still waiting for someone to show up. I was forced to go out and purchase another fridge and to throw out hundreds of $ in food that has gone rotten. PLEASE HELP! Still waiting for you to show up?

Gary from Toronto
Gary from Toronto

Terrible Quality

I bought 4 Whirlpool appliances 3.5 years ago - washer, dryer, dishwasher and stove. In under 3.5 years, three of the four have broken down. First, the washer and dishwasher died the same week, 18 months after purchase. Both with faulty computer boards. These parts cost more than the appliance new!!

Now, just over a year later, the stove has died. a 75% failure rate for new appliances.

Avoid buying Whirlpool at all costs!

David in Moncton
David in Moncton
1 review Moncton, NB

Kitchen Renovation

Replace all my appliance with whirlpool one year plus ago and finishing on trim around stove controls coming off and whirlpool said tough luck and hung up on me. There will be no more whirlpool in my house or my families homes.

Bad service in Mississauga
Bad service in Mississauga

Kitchen range hood

Whirlpool Canada wouldn't accept a 4 nth old return claiming I didn't call to get it repaired. I argued it worked but didn't performed as the reviews claimed leaving me with having to buy a new range hood. Shame to whirlpool for not standing behind their products.

Private User reviews Calgary, AB

Whilpool Washer (Model # WFW87HEDC)

Never ever buy any Whilpool Product one of the worst customer service ever. I have been calling for service call for my Brand New washer service call - almost every year and they charge ridiculous money on each visit. Control Panel Lock issue - Door Lock Issue - Control Panel not getting power on - very very very difficulty to troubleshoot for end user. NEVER EVER BUY ANY WHIRLPOOL PRODUCT. I would preferred to give -ve rating then ZERO!!!

csianglass in Vancouver
csianglass in Vancouver
1 review Vancouver, BC

Product: YWET4027EW WHIRLPOOL 27" STACKER IN WHITE

Appalling quality, I am furious. Machine is larger size model and yet you can barely wash a full set of sheets from a double bed (fitted sheet, flat and two pillow cases). It is eco-friendly, which I conceptually agree with, but so little water fills the barrel that you literally have to add water or do many more loads than in a decent machine, so there is no environmental benefit. If you put more than a tiny quantity of laundry in it, items will sit on the top dry!!!

The agitation is weak, as is the system which removes water. Basically all our laundry has been covered in lint from day one, which again necessitates multiple washes to get dark things clean. So another fail on the enviro-front. Frankly, this machines deserves a consumer lawsuit it is so inadequate in its ability to meet advertised functionality. Any store with any integrity should not be selling it. I complained to the store from which we bought it (Coast Wholesale Appliances), but they refuse to do anything.

I posted a review on the US Whirlpool site, but they removed it because as non-US resident I am barred from posting reviews. They directed me to the Canadian site, but it does not appear to host reviews.