Welco Furniture Mart

Reviews for Welco Furniture Mart

RP in Mississauga
RP in Mississauga

Sectional Sofa

We purchased a Large Cream Coloured Sectional Sofa and Futon from Welco 3 1/2 Years ago (August 2014) for $2000 +. The Service by Al and Bobby was reasonable and both the Sectional Sofa and Futon were delivered as arranged and appeared to look very durable. We were told that the Material was more durable than Leather and Made in Canada. UNFORTUNATELY, the Sectional Sofa stated to peel off within 2 years in small flakes and pieces ALL OVER the floor, our Clothes, Hair etc. Lord only knows what this material is made of. They assured us that the SOFA was made in Canada, which we now doubt. When we called to complain, Jesse told us that they no longer manufacture this material and the ONE (1) Year Warranty is OVER. Jesse did not offer us any alternatives with respect to OUR LOSS. As such, AFTER only 3 1/2 Years, we have to BUY a NEW SECTIONAL SOFA. BUYER BEWARE!

Sophia
Sophia

Bedroom Furniture Set

I bought a bedroom furniture set from Welco two years ago. Apparently it came from a Canadian company that exclusively deals through them. King size storage bed, night tables, and dresser. Had all three customized to suit my needs. The initial shopping experience was amazing. Loved the designs and the ability to customize, along with the service in the store from Amer and Bobby Delivery however is where everything went downhill. First of all it was a month late due to "manufacturing issues". Then, every single item was damaged during delivery, and my floors scratched while the delivery crew was SLIDING the furniture into my bedroom rather than lifting it. It took weeks to get someone to come out and fix what he could. Emails to Bobby were ignored and phone calls not returned. I had to go back into the store a few times to get them to address my issues and call their repair person while I stood there watching and waiting to ensure it got done. Now most of it was repaired (Except for an 8 inch crack in one piece that happened during manufacturing, which would require a panel replacement they did not do as it was cosmetic, not functional) but the fact is the damage remains. Melting wax over a gouge does not permanently fix the gouge. Two years later and the chips and scratches far too easily build up. Have to be super careful with the vacuum around it for example, or there is another chip in the finish. The quality is really abysmal, which is too bad because the design is gorgeous. I must say I am disappointed, because Welco from a design perspective is the furniture store that best matches my tastes. Just the quality will prevent me from going back.

Karen in Sudbury
Karen in Sudbury
1 review , ON

Sofa

Always satisfied with the product and service at Welco. Bobby takes great lengths at paying attention to customers needs which is why we've dealt with him for 17 years. We just received our amazing sectional today and it's absolutely stunning. The delivery service was on time and very professional. Just an overall great experience with Welco once again.

Lola  in Toronto
Lola in Toronto

Sectional Sofa

The sofa we purchased looks nice - its still in the delivery package so I cant comment on quality.. but overall the experience with this store and their customer service has been 0.

We went into the store and saw a sectional sofa that suited our needs and custom made it to have a pullout double-bed and picked a chocolate brown upholstery.

First, it took weeks longer than we were told for the delivery to arrive and when it did it unfortunately didn't fit in our basement. Bobby offered absolutely no help or accommodation to help us solve this - we were willing to resell it to any of his customers for a reduced price. Bobby kept stating how he has loads of furniture in storage and basically our issue was none of his business/problem. Obviously we made a mistake with our measurements but I never experienced such lack of empathy for a customer and considering we were planning to furnish our new house top to bottom gradually with Welco - he has lost a good return customer.
I created an account just because I always come to Homestars for reviews and I don't want anyone to make the mistake we made.

Before you buy from this store make sure you are never going to need to return/exchange it.. because their Return Policy is none existent.

Pat in Mississauga
Pat in Mississauga

Sofa, ottoman and bench

We had looked for months everywhere to replace our living room furniture, anywhere we liked the couch we had mismatch the other pieces we wanted to buy, finally at Welco we not only found the couch in the style we wanted but also got the other pieces custom made to match the style, Bobby was very helpful and gave us good direction on how the pieces needed to be design. Also we were told that it would take 6 weeks to deliver and we received it in 5. I would probably buy here again.

Vishal babar in Mississauga
Vishal babar in Mississauga

Avoid it at all costs

Better to avoid going to this store.If you have too, do not sign on their term and conditions, and do not pay in advance.They will change their attitude after you pay and sign the contract and will do what they can to sell you rubbish.

ag77 from Etobicoke
ag77 from Etobicoke

Custom Leather Couch

The reason I'm giving a 1 star and not a 0 is because my initial purchase experience was positive and they were able to create a custom couch to fit my space.

However, I'm disappointed to see that less then 4 years since this purchase, I now have to spend money on a new couch as the leather has started peeling (in more than one spot). This is simply due to regular use of the couch and nothing more. It's incredibly annoying because the leather is falling off in little flakes which is constantly causing a mess on my floors and also it's not a nice look to have a patchy couch.

When I contacted Welco with my concerns they did not respond to address this issue. I know it's been more than 3 years since my purchase but it would have been nice to see a company stand behind their products.

Miguel Braga from York
Miguel Braga from York
1 review York, ON

Lounge Chairs and Bench

I went through all of the stores on Dundas and Welco is the best place to go for contemporary furniture. They have a great selection, very good pricing and excellent service. Been buying from them for the last couple of years and will not even bother going anywhere else for furniture. Highly recommended.

Susan in Mississauga
Susan in Mississauga
1 review MISSISSAUGA, ON

Livingroom furnishimg

We have purchased a custom made sectional sofa along with coffe table and kitchen table... also custom made.
The quality is exceptional, promt delivery and all this with excellent prices.
I am very happy. This was my second purchase from them and in the future wheen I need any furniture surly I am going to purchase ONLY from them!

More about Welco Furniture Mart

Retailer of many fine home furnishings and some office pieces. Ask about our special programs.