Weed Man

Lawn Maintenance
PO Box 42087 Vancouver BC V6P 6S6

Reviews for Weed Man

Private User reviews North Vancouver, BC

Weedman does not work & can't fire them!

I signed up for a one year service package. The applications never got rid of even half the weeds, moss, etc. I had to continually call them back for reapplications. Always frustrated with the results. Continued to use them for a few more months with the same poor results and finally told them to stop their services. They kept coming and billing me! I had to tell them that not only I don't want their service, they are not allowed on my property! They kept coming! When I called they said that those instructions were not in their system, they did not receive those instructions, etc. Now they hound me with a collection agency and I am considering legal action. Stay away from Weedman!

RT in
RT in
1 review Comox, BC

Lawn Care

Was looking for moss control for lawn and was told it was only possible with package deal I could cancel once moss treatment complete.
When they first came, snow was still covering 50% of lawn. Wanted to treat visible portion and treat the snow covered portion later. I refused and they came back in two weeks and did the entire area. Were onsite about 10 minutes. I have a large lawn and lots of moss.

I noticed moss in some areas turn black, but others not killed. Clear lines where moss killed vs healthy in a large patch. Clearly only about 40% of moss treated. Called them and complained and they came back without charge and treated again.

Second round got about half of what was untreated on Round one. Called and complained again. Wanted to come back again. I told them no. I had seen enough of their shoddy work.

Would not recommend (even to an enemy).

Fed up  in Nanaimo

PO Box 42087
Vancouver
BC
V6P 6S6

A rep came through our neighbourhood, my husband invited him in. He took measurements and gave us a price for fertilizing and weed control for the year. After the first year it seemed like we had more weeds, but my husband said we need to give them some more time. Second year we have more weeds than before, after calling and complaining they said they would send out a supervisor, nobody showed. Confronted the technician the next time he came by about weed control, he tells me he can't put it on in the dry weather. I ask why and he says it's not good for the plants, I tell him they are weeds I don't care about their health. Call and complain again, this time a supervisor comes out and says yes you need weed control. I say I've paid for it and where is the guarantee. He says they will send somebody out in a couple of days and do weed control again. They finally show up 2 weeks later and the guy spends 10 minutes in my yard and leaves a bill in my door. I call up and say I am not paying for this, they argue but finally agree to cancel the charge. The guy missed over half of the weeds, including down the side of my house which was included in our original price. Next time he showed up I was home and demanded another weed control, advised him I would not pay for it and walked him around to show him every weed, he sprays them but refuses to do down the side of my house, which has grass because he says it's not included. I phone and complain, they send someone else out who again says the side of the house is not included, I show him my original contract which does include it, he does down the side of the house. The next year same thing, they're not applying weed control, I have more weeds than lawn. Phone repeatedly and complain, they finally send out a supervisor who again agrees that we need more weed control, nobody ever shows up. I cancelled the service. I locked my gate so they could not get in the back yard, they call to say their technician couldn't do my lawn care cause my gate was locked, I say yes because I cancelled your services. They tell me they are going to charge me for the visit, I tell them, I will not pay it I cancelled the services by phone and email, and I have confirmation that acknowledged my cancellation and if they send somebody to my property again I will have them arrested for trespassing. Then it's six months of phone calls of them trying to get me to take their services. I finally told them I was going to take them to court for fraud because they didn't live up to their guarantee. The phone calls finally stopped. Every person in my neighbourhood that started their services has quit because they don't do what they promise and it keeps costing you more and more money.

cesare from Burnaby
cesare from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Surrey Weedman - unauthorized service

Surrey Weedman is charging us for unauthorized service. They claim that they have an audio recording of telephone authorization, but have not been able to provide this. Mostly likely because it does not exist. They lack ethics and customer service.

Barbara from Surrey
Barbara from Surrey
1 review Surrey, BC

Worst Lawn on the block!

Weed Man has looked after our lawn for over 5 years and we have watched it go downhill! They bring weeds on their equipment from other jobs. They call weekly about adding other expensive services they swear will fix the problem.
But .... Don't use Weedman!

Michael Currie in Vancouver
Michael Currie in Vancouver
2 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

lawn care

I purchased a groupon for lawn service "weed and feed" from weedman and cannot begin to tell you what a mistake it has been. They applied their "treatment" in the rain. I know a thing or two about lawn care and there is no weed product in the world that will be effective in the rain (except agent ornage). needless to say the application was useless, as a matter of fact I think I had more weeds in a couple of weeks. I called them to ask them to reaplly, they said it was not raining, they would not reapply and that no where they promise that the "week and feed" would get rid of weeds. I decided to do it myself and the weeds were gone in a few days. Know they will not stop calling me. More weed applications, grubs in my area, your lawn need lime, on and on.... It got so bad that I hvae complained to the CRTC twice, they still call. Both comanies are uselesss at what they pretend to do. Weedman does not rid your lawn of weeds and the CRTC does not rid your phone of weeds!

Emma  in Vancouver
Emma in Vancouver
2 reviews VANCOUVER, BC

Horrible Service

Absolutely horrible service. I wish I know of Homestars before I went with their service. Seems like I am not the only one who was scammed. My lawn is dotted with lots of dandelions and this year a spiky species seemed to have grown. My kids like to run in the lawn shoeless so I thought Weed Man could help. Sure, the weed was gone but my grass was gone, too! There were ugly brown patches everywhere! I called them back to cancel the service and the representative was very defensive. I would never go back again! I was probably better off getting some weed killer myself.

A. McKenzie in Delta
A. McKenzie in Delta
1 review Delta, BC

Weedman, Surrey - really bad results

I was approached by a telemarketer a few months ago about how WeedMan would do wonders for my lawn and how i would not have to pay for the service if I was not satisfied. So here I am months after agreeing to allow them to 'fix' my lawn realizing my huge mistake. I thought my grass could use help before, well now - my grass is essentially dead....in large patches; except for the weeds - they seem to be doing exceptionally well. The last straw was the recent fertilizer treatment (as I had called to say the lawn was covered with weeds); a few days after the fertilizer, I noticed brown burned patches all over my grass. I can't say it was due to sunny/dry weather, as its been overcast/rainy for weeks and comparing my lawn to my neighbours....omg - it looks awful - so I have to assume it was a direct result of the fertilizer they applied. I called them to complain again and they said the grass was dead because of thatch. uh huh. They also said that for an additional $90 they could dethatch my lawn and that would 'fix' it. I told them I was cancelling my service, I was dissatisfied with the results and that I am not going to pay for the last treatment (I should actually be asking for a full refund $350 paid so far). They said I HAD to pay for the last treatment and so began the argument back and forth....'I'm not paying you another cent' - 'oh yes you are" Who is this company - they are awful! Do not, under any circumstances let them near your lawn. I'm not quite sure of my recourse here, any suggestions?

aidan in Coquitlam
aidan in Coquitlam
1 review Port Coquitlam, BC

Aeration and lawn maintanence

Weed Man didn't follow through on what they said they would do, we were not happy with the service. They were not always on time. The company we have now does more work for the same amount of money. They're not horrible but they did not do what we were looking for.

The Vance Household
The Vance Household
1 review Abbotsford, BC

summer lawn care program

They did a good job and kept us informed of the services they did for us. They kept us on record and contacted us every year and were very polite about keeping us as clients. we are very happy with the service and job that they did for us.