Schilkensens

Douglas Brodine in W islip
Douglas Brodine in W islip
1 review WEST ISLIP, NY

True Swinging Carriage House Doors

We were reffered to Schilkensens Inc. by the lumber yard. We needed a set of doors ten foot wide & nine foot tall. And we wanted a lot of glass in them, but still have them made very solid. Bob Schilke came to our house after we got home around 6:00 pm with his giant dog Leo. The dog was really the salesman! Bob measured everything, showed us where there was rot in the framing & how to fix it. Leo played with the kids & our dog Rexxy.
3 weeks after he came the installers (Renovate Today) arrived to install the doors. They are Beautiful! And the carpenters fixed another spot that we didn't know was bad until they removed the old jamb for a very fair price. They even installed a drip edge (cap?) along the top of the doors as well.WeI would reccommend Schilkensens to anyone who asks.

Bob from West Islip NY
Bob from West Islip NY
1 review West Islip, NY

Custom garage doors & matching entry doors

I had to match Old Fashioned Carriagehouse doors & the same style entry door from a residence dating back to around 1880. Schilkensen's Inc. was the woodworking company that a friend of mine reccommended to me. They were prompt in coming & measuring the job, made usefull suggestions, & got me some drawings within 2 days. Pricing as well. They made everything right in the shop, didn't sub out a single item.
6 weeks later I was looking at 2, 9' wide x 8'high doors and a radiused, stain-grade, 6' wide x 8' high entry door that were installed in my customers residence. These guys made the entry door with mortise & tenon joinery that was EXACTLY like the one that my customer wanted. The garage doors were layered, & all the horizontal boards were grain matched, as was the T & G in the panels.
Kudos to Schilkensens Inc. Great Job Guys!