Visions Electronics

Review for Visions Electronics

Jason from Burnaby
Jason from Burnaby
1 review Burnaby, BC

Money back extended service plan

I bought a 54" Sony HDTV from them 5 years ago. The branch Manager spent more than half an hour to convince me to buy the extended warranty for extra $359.99. I owned several Sony TV before and they have never had problems. I tried to refuse him in a polite manner. He continued to persuade me and finally I gave up since I can not argue with a man who is much elder than me. After 5 years, I claimed for store credit since the warranty had never been claimed. I wanted to buy some on sale Samsung TV in flyer. Unfortunately these were not available in store. Finally I purchased one LG LED TV and one Samsung monitor. I paid $400 extra on top of $359.99 store credit since customers need to add equal or greater amount money to redeem the store credit by store policy. I was told by sale associate that There is 30 days price protection Waranty for all electronics. After several days, I realized that LG TV is on sale in Visions. The new price was $80 cheaper than I paid. I drove to store with the receipt, store manager refused to match the new price. He was rude and asked me to leave the store since the arguement took customers away. He claimed that store credit is not qualified for any price protection by Visions' policy: "All sales are final. Do not waste your time for refund". I was screwed. Next time when I buy electronics, I will prefer big box stores and avoid Visions.