Urban Mode

Reviews for Urban Mode

Laura Lewis-Watts in Toronto
Laura Lewis-Watts in Toronto

Home furnishing

I would never shop here again. I came in for a sale on furniture and ordered and paid for three countertop stools. They had two in stock and had to order in the third. They said it would be three weeks until delivery. It is now six months later and still no chair! They have been dismissive and unhelpful ever since, and I have never received a single phone call, update or apology from them. I finally tracked down their supplier myself and ordered the chair directly.

Shop here at your own peril - it is not worth it!

We are sorry that you feel your experience was unsatisfactory and I am sorry that this incident occurred. As the owner of Urban Mode, my team’s goal is to provide consistently excellent customer service.
You received 35% off your purchase of the two in-stock stools during our Boxing Day Sale. The third stool was put on order for you at a discounted rate of 13% off. Unfortunately the stool was on back order with our distributor with an estimated arrival time which was set back on a number of different occasions. During that time we apologized for the extended lead time, gave you an additional 10% discount, immediately refunding you the difference and offered to deliver it to your home free of charge. We offered you a loaner stool to use in the meantime free of charge and delivered to your home – you declined this offer, but chose not to cancel your order. On June 11th a full refund was issued at your request. We were told to notify you once the stool arrived. Once it arrived we offered it to you at 50% off, with free delivery. We have not heard back from you. I must admit that this was an unusual situation - this was the first time that we have had a back-ordered item take six months to arrive in our 35 years of business. Again, I apologize for the length of time it has taken and share in your frustration.

Gig from downtown
Gig from downtown
9.5/10

Urban Mode

Wow, this store was great. Even if they do not carry the product you are looking for, they will recommend a store to get it. In these days and times, customer service is rare and they definitely have it at Urban Mode. Their selection of furniture was terrific and very good quality. They carry a lot of Canadian- made products which is nice to see these days.

Zeta in T.O.
Zeta in T.O.

4.8/10

Furnishing

A lot of style, but definitely not good quality. If you want the modern show home, but don't want to pay the price for the real stuff from Europe, this is the place for you. The stuff will probably last you until the kids come, which is probably a good thing, since you'd want funiture with less sharp corners.

Looking for Furniture pros in Toronto?