Universal Appliance Service and Installation

416-631-7599
3896 Chesswood Drive
North York
M3J 2W6

On Monday July 23 we contacted Universal Repair regarding our dishwasher not working properly and described the problem. We were told we would be contacted on Wednesday July 25 between 9 and 9:30 am to confirm when they would be arriving for the call on that same Wednesday. No one called. I contacted them to find out what was happening. They assured me they would call "right back" once they talked to the dispatcher. I had to call back several times throughout the morning until I finally got word they would arrive between 12 and 3. No one arrived. My husband finally got a call (2:30) at home saying the call would not be happening that day. We wasted a whole day on this. The next morning they called to say someone was arriving in "20 minutes" - which he did & proceeded to look at the dishwasher, said there was something wrong with the timer and that our soap dispenser was broken - which basically was repeating MY description of the problem to the person who booked the service call. Solution - you should just buy a new dishwasher. Literally 4 minutes of his time to explain the obvious. Then a $67.00 bill for the call!!!!! At no time was I quoted a service call rate (and god knows I had enough phonecalls with them!) I asked if the $67 would be credited against future work in case I decided to have them fix the timer. Answer - no. So I refused to pay. The phone rang immediately (funny!)Universal's manager threatening me with small claims court.