Union Lighting & Furnishings

1491 Castlefield Ave Toronto ON M6M1Y3
HomeStars  >  Lighting in York  >  Union Lighting & Furnishings

Reviews for Union Lighting & Furnishings

Horrible service

I recently visited this store to purchase many lights for my parents new home. The selection was unbeatable, and we ended up purchasing a few lights because they had better options than any other stores. However, the service was horrendous. We walked around the store for over an hour. No one looked at us, said hi, asked if we needed help, etc. Even after we requested help, we got a snotty sales lady who did the bare minimum to help us. Very disappointed.

mike in
mike in

kitchen light

We've recently purchased a kitchen light from Union Lighting..Upon installing the light we found the light to be defective. We returned the the light the following day and were concerned that due to our installation the light would not be replaced. We spoke to the store manager along with a technician and much to our surprise their initial concern was for our well being and the safety of the house.The light was subsequently replaced.The professionalism and genuine caring concern displayed by the store manager Robert Cyr was outstanding.
I presently own two law offices and I know first hand the value of client care and the utmost importance of having a strong support staff. Robert Cyr is definitely a major asset to Union Lighting as well as of the other employees we dealt with through this experience .I highly recommend this company
Mary and Mike

Alscanada in
Alscanada in

Crystal Chandelier

We purchased a $3600 chandelier on February 12, 2017. Was asked for half the payment to ensure placing an order and store pick up. Today is April 21, 2017 and the order has not been delivered to the store. Since the purchase no one has made a follow up call to tell us the chandelier is in back order or whatsoever, We I also called for a refund and was initially told the salesman was off and he would be the one making the refund. I had to spell out my rights to make the refund happen. Very disappointing for such a luxurious business.

Stephen and Anna from Toronto in Toronto
Stephen and Anna from Toronto in Toronto

Bed and lighting

Bought two beautiful ceiling Crystal lamps from your store, our Sales Rep Mona was extremely helpful.
One lamp was on back order for over 6 months, once the lamp arrived and we installed it there was a defect with the lamp.
The dome kept sliding off making it extremely dangerous.
Once back at the store we were very impressed with the service we got. We were served by Kishon and Romeo. Not only were they concerned about our safety but we got a full refund and were even offered a discount on our new lamp.
With the impressive service got we went back to Mona and bought a beautiful King size bed and mattress, unfortunately our mattress is on back order, hope I won't have to wait too long for our bed to get delivered.
Thank you Mona, Kishon and Romeo, it's people like you who make this company better than their competition.

JMS
JMS

Excellent customer service

Thank you Tyler! Amazing customer sel I purchased new kitchen light fixtures. I had some issues with them. I called and spoke to customer service, where I spoke with Tyler. He was amazing! In spite of me having to make a trip back to union lighting to exchange the fixtures, he made it so easy and so simple and offered a refund if I wasn't satisfied. Thank you Tyler!

Connie from North York
Connie from North York

4 light fixtures

I purchased 4 light fixtures and each and every one had a problem. I have easily spent in excess of $500 on unnecessary electrician fees due to these error and defects. I have also wasted an inordinate amount of time travelling to and from their stores to deal with one issue after another. Of the 4 fixtures, two were intended to be a pair however, there were slight differences in the two and when I advised them of this, I was told that it was my fault - I should have checked the fixtures before I left the store to ensure that they sold me the correct fixtures. After repeated attempts at having my fixtures corrected/fixed, I will never purchase anything from them again. Their customer service is non-existent and as the customer, you are blamed for their errors.

Michelle from Toronto
Michelle from Toronto

Light Fixtures

After having received excellent service by our salesperson in selling us our lighting fixtures which we paid almost $7000, we were very very disappointed, actually angry, to find that all fixtures had been received with some defect or another. After many phone calls, emails and discussions, we thought that there would have been some sort of attempt by the manager to help us out in trying to make our situation better. Boy were we wrong. Thought the solution to our problem would be offering a $100 discount on the defected $7000 lighting fixtures. Union Lighting should be ashamed of themselves for having a manager who makes a situation worse instead of trying to rectify it. Manager simply walked away when we told him he had the nerve to offend a customer in such a way after the amount of money we spent and having received defective items. Will never shop there again (as we have at least another 10 fixtures required for our home and another 10 to buy for our business). Their loss! Would never recommend them to family or friends.

Shawn and Amy from Toronto
Shawn and Amy from Toronto

Light Fixtures

We purchased several light fixtures for our home reno from Union Lighting. Their showroom is very large and great for selection. Prices are slightly on the higher end but we went with them as we could get everything in one place. Service was good and they gave us a slight discount for the big order.

Pascal from Toronto
Pascal from Toronto

Light fixture

We purchased a light fixture at Union Lighting. After two weeks, the central light bulb burned out. We went through three lightbulbs in about a month.

When we brought the fixture in for a simple exchange and explained the problem, the manager made our life very difficult, and insisted on testing the fixture overnight. My wife had to talk to a second manager the next day, and we finally managed to get a replacement fixture (same model). We are very happy with the replacement item, and have experienced no further issues. However, we were very disappointed with the initial after-sale customer service. I am not sure we will return there. Nice floor displays, but not the kind of customer service you would expect.

James from North York
James from North York
4 reviews North York, ON

Bathroom Reno

Purhcased a lovely double sink bathroom vanity at Union Lighting & Furnishings. The store is large with a wonderful showroom. There are several products to choose from and you can get great design ideas here. The staff is very helpful and the store is reputable. Unfortunately, once I picked up my vanity, I checked it over and it had several scratches on the front. I did not want it because of this and they offered me a full refund. Great company to deal with and no problems with refunds or exchanges. I selected another vanity and when I picked it up and inspected it, it was find with no scratches. This store is reputable, modern has a great selection and easy to do business with.

More about Union Lighting & Furnishings

One of the largest lighting stores in N. A. with a wide selections of furnishings & accessories.