Landscape Contractors & Designers

Anna in Richmond Hill
Anna in Richmond Hill
3 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Horrible Service

They did a patio landscaping on our backyard last year. Gave us a warranty for 1 year. This year we found out that the plants partially died. During the last month we tried to contact Wayne. No one returned a call to us. We spoke with his secretary a few times. She always promised he will give us a call.
Today the same lady at the office was completely rude, hanged up the phone without letting us to complete the conversation.
This job turned to be very expensive and this kind of service is not at all acceptable.

Mrs Kitenberg, let me address some of these comments. First, our warranty does cover your plants for one year. You were originally informed this spring that during our busiest time of the year we record any customers requiring plant replacements, then accumulate these properties to schedule a dedicated crew to deal for these at a later date (often depending on plant variety availability). As Wayne told you during his visit yesterday, we will be replacing 9 out of the 12 Spireas we planted last season once that variety is available. We honour our warranties, and simply ask our customers for a little patience during this busy time of year. Secondly, I wish to point out to those reading this review the reason why our secretary hung up the phone on your husband. He was raising his voice to her, in an aggressive, almost verbally abusive manner. None of our staff members deserve to be spoken to like that.

Spring Garden Cleanup

Before my husband demised on March 21/2020, he strongly advised me to get a service whereby I did not have to weed and trim shrubs etc and said I should contact Underhill (which we have used before to trim shrubs). So I did and signed up for a full 'garden' service' that saves me a lot of effort - included a spring cleanup. Not long after paying for their estimated service costs. I contacted them and was told I could pay monthly thru my credit card. So not only was I surprised when a crew arrived in late April but my yard looked like it had been delicately 'house' cleaned! I can's say enough about the efforts of Stacey and Michael re not only doing such a good cleanup job but ALSO respecting my emerging 'forever' plants Thanks

Mrs Harcus, Stacey & Micheal appreciate how pleased you were with your spring clean up for your property - and they are now anxious to make sure your yard looks great every week now throughout the rest of the season as they carry on with your weekly lawn maintenance. They take pride in their work, and I am glad to hear we are giving you peace of mind that your yard will look great all season long. Thank you for trusting Underhill's again for your lawn & garden care. Jamie

Brooke i.
Brooke i.

Landscaping

Like my father before me , I have been dealing with Underhill's for approximately 20 years. Over these years they have replaced an old timber retaining wall with stone, laid new sod front and back, designed and built a raised 16"x 30' planter, planted interesting trees and shrubs and so much more. Wayne always has workable suggestions. Their "lawn plan" program has brought quite a lot of compliments from neighbours and passersby. Thanks guys and Joyce.

Hello Brooke. It has been our pleasure to be your "landscaper of choice" for both you and your father over the past 4 decades. We really appreciate your business and loyalty. Thank you again.

Bob in Toronto
Bob in Toronto

Landscaping and lawn care

My wife and I have been customers of Underhill's Landscaping since 2010. During this time, Underhill's have completed landscape projects for us involving a combination of bushes and plants, stone planters, a backyard patio and walkways at the front and side of our house. They have also provided lawn care services annually for the last five years. We have been very pleased by the work performed by Underhill's Landscaping, and have received many compliments for the appearance of our property. We would not hesitate to recommend Underhill's for a professional landscaping job and for their annual lawn care service.

Hi Bob. Thank you first for placing your trust in our company for your lawn &landscaping needs over the past 10 years. And thank you for your kind words.

Matt from Scarborough
Matt from Scarborough
12 reviews Scarborough, ON

Clean up and Sod Installation

After being given the run around by another landscaper ("I'm busy I will come by soon" - no, you didn't!), I contacted Underhill's. The staff responded quickly, and Wayne came by within a few day's time, and was courteous to call to let me know he was running a bit late. I was given an accurate quote, and was informed that the service would be done soon. They came on by as promised, did the work, left a clean area, and I have beautiful new sod. Highly recommended, wonderful work and service.

Thank you!

barry in Brampton
barry in Brampton

They saved our lawn!

We moved into our new house 12 years ago. It took a year until we got sod. We tried to tend our own landscaping for a few years but found that the grass was looking really sick! We thought that maybe the builders used sub-standard sod and were considering having it all replaced.

One of our neighbour's lawns looked fantastic. We asked them how they did it. They put us on to Underhill's. After one season of having them treat our lawn everyone was asking US how WE did it! We've been using them ever since and our lawn continues to look great. When we have a question or need additional service they're there for us. What more could you ask for!

Hi Barry, Hi Mona. When we first visit a new property and the lawn is in poor shape, we provide our recommendations AND give the new prospective customer extremely high expectations for fantastic results for an amazing lawn immediately within the first few months. We know our prices are higher than all the competitors, but we provide a more diversified structure of lawn care services that the larger competitors can't match. Your story about how we quickly transformed you lawn into turf that you thoroughly enjoy is proof of how we do things differently than most others. A customer once told me he calls Underhill's a "boutique lawn company" because of our diversity and results. Thank you for your comments, and we look forward to maintaining that thick, green lawn for you. Cheers, Jamie

I. Francis in Scarborough
I. Francis in Scarborough

Reliable , Top quality work over the years

We've known this company since 2001, when they laid the patio stones and wall garden at the side of our house. To date we have no problem with their work.
Since then they had done the following jobs for us:
1. Put up a fence in the backyard - still standing to date after 13 years
2. Redo our front lawn and flagstone walkway - did a great job 6 yrs ag0
3. Parged the outer side of our basement - still not flaking after 4 yrs
4. Cut and trim our trees and bushes - the areas are now neater 1 yr ago

Eighteen (18) years is a long time to continue dealing with this company. Why do we use them? Because they do top quality work, are reliable, clean up after each job and believe in a thoroughly satisfied customer---which we are.

There are a number of reasons why so many of our customers continue to contact Underhill's after 5, 10, 20 or more than 30 years - and Francis you have told the world about all the reasons why you have felt comfortable to hire us again and again for your lawn & landscape projects over the years. We post comments like yours back in the shop for our crews to read - and we can see the pride in their eyes when they read your comments. Makes them feel good about the efforts they put in everyday for our customers. Thanks so much for your loyalty and your feedback.

Andre in Scarborough
Andre in Scarborough

Underhill's Answers and Does Very Good Work Promptly

Underhill's always answers my questions promptly, makes sound recommendations and offers options and does the job very well and on time.

The front lawn looks the best it ever has.

Hi Andre. Our sound recommendations come from our 52 years experience in the lawn & landscape industry. Yes, you front lawn has responded quite nicely. Unfortunately your rear lawn is a challenge due to the heavy shade from the neighbor's trees. I left an envelope at the house yesterday with my recommendations comparing sodding vs over seeding with our premium shade tolerant seed mix for your consideration. Thanks for you kind words about our company.

Dianne in Markham
Dianne in Markham

Lawn Care

Underhill’s Landscaping has been taking care of my lawn for the past few years and the service has been excellent! Prior to receiving lawn care services from Underhill Landscaping my lawn was full of weeds and probably the worst on my block. Now, I can proudly say that I have one of the best lawns on my block! Thank you Underhill Landscaping!

Hi Dianne. We are pleased that you are happy with the your new thick, green lawn. I do give high expectations for positive lawn care results when talking to potential new customers - and we do deliver on those expectations. Thank you for your business, and we should be by next week for your first spring lawn fertilization. Cheers

Maria
Maria

LawnCare

Early one spring, we approached Underhill for help in rejuvenating our lawn. After a harsh summer and brutal winter, our lawn was a disaster. We thought that re-sodding was the only option, but Jamie offered a much less costly solution. We weren't sure if the re-seeding would work, but much to our surprise, the results were visible after a few short weeks. The lawn never looked better! Underhill also does the fertilizing and weed control. Although not the cheapest, they are very reliable and the results are very visible. We have received many compliments from neighbours! Thank you, Underhill.

Hi Maria& Don. I am so pleased how well your lawn "Overseeding & Top Dressing" renovation turned out. Yes, I often discuss the differences & budgets between the options of our sodding vs overseeding & top dressing, and as you may recall that discussion points out the quality difference in the "sod grade" grass seed we use. Your back yard is proof that investing in premium seed is money well spent. Thank you for your comments, thank you for your continued business, and we are looking forward to keeping your lawn looking amazing with the Lawn Program you booked again for 2019. Cheers, Jamie

More about Underhill's Landscaping

Celebrating Over 50 years of Quality Lawn & Landscape Care. Family owned and operated since 1967. Serving Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, and Durham Region. Contact us for a free estimate at (416) 288-0313 or toll free at 1 (877) 288-0313. Because We Care ... We Create Beautiful Landscapes!