Underhill's Landscaping

gersmad46
gersmad46
1 review Whitby, ON

Lawn care

Applying Fertilizer and weed control products checking for bugs and offering recommendations for corrective action and other services such as fences etc

Thank you for your nice comments. We are happy you are pleased with our lawn care services and your new fence installation.

F from Pickering
F from Pickering
6 reviews Pickering, ON

Walkway, driveway paving, front garden install with trees, resod grass

I contacted Underhill's Landscaping and spoke to Doug, he arranged an appointment with me and provided a very detailed quote. He even designed on paper the concept for a walkway, garden and driveway paving. I was impressed with his level of detail. His quote was very reasonable and competitive. He was very patient to answer all questions and although i had gotten other quotes, i found his knowledge of landscaping to be exceptional. Apparently his family has been doing this for 50 years!

On the day of demolition of driveway, walkway, lawn resodding, the crew with Steve, Collin, Troy was excellent! They left everything very tidy each day and were very efficient with their work. When i returned from work i was so delighted with what i saw - new walkway, new garden, new grass! with newly planted trees! The driveway pavers that came out the following day were excellent also, and worked very well and efficiently to pave my driveway.

I highly recommend Underhill Landscaping and plan to use them for lawn care and next summer plan to work on my back yard...so it can compare to how great my front yard looks!

I will post pics soon....

We are so pleased you are happy with the suggestions, designs and the final completed work our company provided for you. Yes, our 50 years of experience in the landscaping industry ultimately provides our customers with functional, decorative landscape outdoor spaces that are installed to last for many years. On behalf of all of us at Underhill's Landscaping - Thank You for placing your rust in us.

hkim9106 in Scarborough
hkim9106 in Scarborough

Sideyard Interlock/fence, steps at back/side of house, driveway

We found this company after doing some research on the internet and homestars. Although there weren't many online reviews, after speaking with the owner (Wayne) and seeing that this company has been in business for almost 50 years, we felt comfortable signing on without obtaining quotes from other companies. We had no regrets. When we raised concerns about certain matters ie. the fencing seems high/low in places, stones/steps uneven/sloping in places, they educated us and addressed all issues to our satisfaction. We have had many compliments on the finished work from family, neighbours and even other trades who came by later to do other work on the house (roofing, etc). We are very happy with their work and would hire them again and recommend them to others (which we have already). The work was completed within the estimated timelines and the written quote was honoured.

We are so happy that you are pleased with the work we completed on your asphalt driveway, interlock walkway, new steps and chain link fencing. Yes, from time to time customers may have concerns with our work - but we will strive to make sure everything is completed to your expectations. Wayne's philosophy has always been to do the job right for our customers, and that philosophy is a primary reason why we will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary in 2017. Thank you for your business, thank you for your referrals, and thank you for your kind words here on HomeStars. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

Tracy in Scarborough
Tracy in Scarborough

Landscaped front bed

A number of neighbours have dealt with Underhill's over the years as this is an established company and I was pleased with the results. I liked what they had done for a neighbour using stones and I wanted them in our design. David came right out and worked with me to design garden in front of the house. He was very amenable to some changes I wanted from previous garden, one of them being low maintenance and low watering as I am getting older. This work was done when promised, crews were friendly and helpful and David kept an eye on the job, returning with an extra plant that I wanted. The area was left clean and neat. Follow up has been good and the plants are all doing well and are guaranteed for a year. Also, I am very pleased with his design using bricks to establish retaining walls by the driveway and walkway and elsewhere.

We are certainly pleased when we get feedback from our customers like this. It reassures us that we are doing our job - and that job is to provide our customers with the landscape design ideas that work for you and your property, then to implement these designs for you. We are proud of the care and attention to details our crews take when working for our customers. We always strive to make sure our customers job site is kept neat and tidy - every day. Bottom line, we are so glad you are happy. Thanks for allowing us to help make improve your landscape.

F.I. from North York
F.I. from North York

Staicase in backyard; tree trimmin

My parents actually had found these guys and had tem do the front of their house (walkway). On their recommendation we had Dave come by and look at a few things around our new (new to us) house.
It's an old bungalow, and the builder stairs at the back were falling apart. Dave made some good recommendations and the finished new stairs look great and are seemingly indestructible! In addition we needed some trees trimmed back (dead branches on rather large old trees) and it was done and cleaned up with no hassles.
Overall, if we need to do any more big yard projects - perhaps a new patio in a few years - we'll definitely look up Underhill's again.

Hi F.I.: We are so happy about how our work turned out for you. Our 48 years in business has given us experience in so many aspects of landscaping - whether it 's pruning and tree care, stairs and decking, walkways/patios/driveways or so many other aspects of landscape design and installation. thanks to you and your parent for choosing Underhill's Landscaping!

Lori from Scarborough
Lori from Scarborough
4 reviews Scarborough, ON

Lawn Care

I was told by a neighbour that Underhill's was the best in the business for lawn care, and I certainly agree. Thanks to their services, our lawn was the lushest it's ever been this year. They gave special attention to an area under two large trees where grass has always had difficulty growing. Would recommend them heartily.

Hey Lori.
We are so glad you are happy with the condition of your lawn after our Lawn Care Services. We know we do things differently than the typical large lawn care companies out there, and we pride ourselves on custom tailoring our services to each customer's unique lawn care needs. Our customers tell us the large companies out there don't have the flexibility to offer the same variety of lawn care services we do. Enjoy your new "Underhill" lawn!

sms in Scarborough
sms in Scarborough
2 reviews SCARBOROUGH, ON

interlocking

The job was finished well done. they gave great suggestions and ideas. They finished quickly and efficiently. Well done job! It looks nice.I would recommend them to people and friends.

We are so glad you are happy with our service. Thanks for your comments.

John McKean in Willowdale
John McKean in Willowdale

Large Tree Planting

We have used Underhill's several times in the past and trust their work. We didn't ask for competing bids.

Our neighbour to the back had removed some large limbs creating a gap in the woodsy feeling of our Underhill's landscaped back yard. We called Dave Underhill for his expert opinion. He recommended two, eight foot tall evergreens (Hemlocks) planted six feet apart. The Hemlock is about the only evergreen that can grow in the deep shade of our yard. They are also among the most beautiful trees we have seen.

Dave's crew arrived exactly on time with two absolutely perfect Hemlocks and planted them with skill. It took somewhat longer than we expected - the root balls were huge and extremely heavy. John and Alex (the planters) explained that they were native grown (Ontario) and should adapt to our yard better than the cheaper BC grown trees.

We paid $1200 plus tax for the trees and installation. That seems reasonable compared to trees we saw at a Sheridan Center.

As an aside: The complaint I saw here about paving stones made no sense to me. Underhill's did two large paving stone projects for us six years ago and they are still in perfect condition. That person must be thinking of some other contractor.

While this review was written 2-1/2 years ago, those native, shade tolerant Hemlock trees are filling that space quite nicely. Also, we truly appreciate Mr McKean's rebuttal to a previous (and since removed by HomeStars) "rogue" review about our paving stone work. We've been installing quality paving stone projects since 1967, with many, many happy homeowners enjoying our work.

Cristy R in Scarborough
Cristy R in Scarborough
7 reviews Scarborough, ON

Backyard drainage and landscaping

They provided a reasonable quote for the job requested. Once we gave the go signal, they came with all their equipment, lots of manpower, and seamless job well done. We were told it could be a six-hour job (which was fine) but they finished in less than five. They cleaned up, and even did me a favour of planting a couple of extra bushes I had on the side, which wasn't part of the deal. I am moving to a new house soon and would definitely hire them again for my landscaping job.

Hello Cristy,

We are so pleased you are happy with the work our landscape crew completed on your property. Thank you for choosing Underhill's - we really appreciate your business, and look forward to helping improve your landscape at your new home.

We recieve many compliments and referral customers because of some of the points you mentioned. When we commit to a project, we put our best efforts to complete the job on time without delays. We are there early every day - and remain all day - even during inclement weather. We do NOT jump back and forth between multiple jobs. Our crews strive to keep your property and street clean and tidy - every day we are on the job. And finally, we realize how important those "little extra things" can be to our customers - whether it is planting a few extra shrubs, or any other ideas and sugestions to help improve other areas of your lawn & landscape.

See you soon at yor new home!

More about Underhill's Landscaping

Celebrating Over 50 years of Quality Lawn & Landscape Care. Family owned and operated since 1967. Serving Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Markham, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, and Durham Region. Contact us for a free estimate at (416) 288-0313 or toll free at 1 (877) 288-0313.