Turco Persian Rug Co.

Carpet & Rug Retailers
452 Richmond St E Toronto ON M5A 1R2

Reviews for Turco Persian Rug Co.

Dora in Toronto
Dora in Toronto

rug cleaning

I brought in 3 area rugs for cleaning after about 25 years of use. They look new now. The colours are back to the original hues. My thanks to Turco Persian

JMM
JMM

Rug purchase, rug cleaning and installation of stair runners

This is truly a well run company and having just gone through a renovation I have dealt with some nightmare companies providing questionable service. The staff at Turco Persian are extremely knowledgeable, especially Izaak who helped us immensely and was never pushy or forceful when it came time for us to make a decision.

I also had them clean a Persian rug for me and it came back looking like new. The most impressive part of their service was the laying of my rug. The guys ensured that the rug was PERFECTLY placed and despite the great effort required to move it a few times, left my house with our rug placed perfectly under our very heavy bed. Most companies would have slapped it down and called it a day. We also had them install runners on both sets of stairs which were done to perfection. Thank you for providing old school, amazing service in a time when that is a rarity.

John in Playter Estates
John in Playter Estates

Clean and repair

To clean and repair a 9X13 oriental rug, a 12X24 wall to wall carpet and one staircase. This is about my 12th service from Turco-Persion. They are reliable, on time and do excellent work.

Wendyanne in Etobicoke
Wendyanne in Etobicoke

Off-white Rug vs Red Wine

Our family have had the pleasure of dealing with Turco Persian in the past, but it's been a number of years since we had our rug cleaned. I have to say that they haven't changed. ..still very friendly, very knowledgeable and honest. I dropped a glass of red wine on our aubusson, and I am so pleased that they managed to get it out without any special treatment.

Hi WendyAnne, we take stain as a personal challenge and keeping honest, not every stain can be that successfully removed, but if it can be done we will get it there. Thanks for being a loyal customer.

pat_alibra
pat_alibra

Cleaning fine silk carpets

They were cleaned with great detail about the fabrics and how they must be treated. Very happy with outcome. The men delivering and picking up were great. Returned to put down new underlay for another, were on time and neat and clean results.

Hi Pat, thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. The team really appreciates it. And thanks for choosing us!

Jean J.  from Toronto
Jean J. from Toronto

Area rug and carpet runners

Second time using Turco Persian. Was contacted by company about some stains. I explained they were from a dog who was sick on carpet. I did not think stains would come out. When carpets were returned there was no sign of these stains, they looked like new. Will definitely use them again.

Bruce in Toronto
Bruce in Toronto

Couldn't be better

There aren't many service companies around that you can truly call experts. Turco-Persian is definitely in the expert category. Ours was a simple job -- clean our hall and stairway broadloom that had been neglected far too long and return an area rug that I dropped off for cleaning. Turco gave me a definite time when they could do the job and they arrived promptly as promised. In no time at all the broadloom was looking brand new again. And the bill was less than I expected! A pleasant surprise. This is good old fashioned service. Highly recommended.

LE Horton in Toronto
LE Horton in Toronto

carpet cleaning, carpet repair, moth-proofing

I went looking for a cheaper service than Turco-Persian, whom I've used for years for our six inherited and purchased Oriental carpets. But when I looked at the other guys' reviews on HomeStar, I noticed a pattern. All 10/10 reviews, all posted regularly once a week, slightly different but somehow not very personal. I had just finished reading an article about people now making a living writing reviews and realized that's what I'm seeing. Take a look and you'll see: seven days apart, all highest possible rating. Suspicious? I think so.

I figure any company that will do that is not honest enough to get my business. So I'm back to TurcoPersian to clean and moth-proof wrap up my carpets before I store them for a year. I've always been pleased with T-P's work - was just hoping to shave a little bit of the cost. Lesson? go with the guys who don't have to buy their "reputation".

Russ from Toronto
Russ from Toronto

Upholstery Cleaning

We hired Turco Persian to breath new life into our 8 year old microfibre sectional couch. We have a toddler and want to continue using this couch for at least 6 or 7 more years, but it was looking a bit dingy and didnt smell very fresh. Ben from Turco Persian arrived on time. He was very professional, courteous and friendly. He walked me through the process and made sure to ask where I'd prefer he access water and drainage. I felt totally comfortable leaving him alone in my home while he worked. Ben was thorough with his cleaning job, even taking time to vacuum under the couch and rescue all the small toys that were trapped under it. He left no mess behind and we are left with a very clean couch. It truly looks brand new again. We are extremely happy with the service from Turco Persian and I would recommend them to anyone.

More about Turco Persian Rug Co.

Turco Persian Rug Company has been operating from our original downtown Toronto location since 1906. An Armenian family-run business spanning four generations, Turco Persian continues to provide and redefine unique, honest and premium service.
What we offer.
Specializing in the cleaning and restoration of all area rugs, from antique collectables to machine-made mats, Turco Persian offers in-home carpet installation, repair and cleaning, as well as upholstery cleaning services. Our team of employees is knowledgeable, dedicated and highly trained.
We are also experts in sourcing and maintaining decorative hand-woven rugs for homes and businesses, offering the best in craftsmanship and design from around the world. In fact, we’re home to one-of-a-kind antique rugs ranging in age from 80 to 350 years.
With over 5,000 collector items and a growing contemporary collection, our onsite gallery showcases Zeigler, Tabriz, Qums and modern Tibetan styles among others, including European tapestries dating back to the second half of the 16th century.
Rug Cleaning Specialists
We care for your rug like it’s our own. That includes treating tricky stains by hand, and rewashing your rug until we see the best result.
We only use fresh water, air drying, and biodegradable products, so your rug is always in good hands — in fact it never leaves them.
Cash and Carry Drop-offs
Bring your rugs to us and save 20% off the cost of cleaning. We always have plenty of free parking onsite and will carry in your rug for you upon arrival.
Drop-off Hours: Weekdays: 8 am - 6 pm | Sat: 9 am - 5 pm
Pick-up and Delivery
Have our experienced delivery team pick up and deliver your rugs at no extra charge. For a small fee, they will move your furniture in order to remove or relay your rug. Contact us to make arrangements.
In-Home Carpet Cleaning
Our experienced technicians are equipped with a state-of-the-art truck-mount, hot-water extraction system to quickly and efficiently clean your wall-to-wall broadloom. We always send a team of two to move furniture quickly and perform the most thorough cleaning.
Call us today to book your next in-home cleaning service. We’ll even come to your home for a free estimate.
In-Home Upholstery Cleaning
Our specially trained technicians are highly skilled, and equipped with state-of-the-art portable water-extraction machines specifically designed for intricate upholstery cleaning. You can trust us with all your furniture.
Other Services
• Du Pont Stain Guard carpet protection, allowing easier cleanups and a longer life for your rug
• Deodorizing and disinfecting Enzyme treatment for urine stains and odour
• Moth treatment
• Allow 8-10 business days for cleaning and an additional week or two for repairs.
Our repair services include:
• Binding
• Alterations
• Re-latexing backings
• Sewing sleeves for wall hanging
• Reinforcing weak areas