Trugreen Lawncare

Stella  from London
Stella from London
2 reviews London, ON

Burned my grass

You people have burned my grass and you know it, what is going to be done about this?
I have spoken to Adelaide about this situation and I’m being ignored. Adelaide keeps giving me the same line “ the supervisor will call you”
What kind of business do you run?
This is no threat it’s s promise my next note will be to better business bureau.
Stella Meglis

lawn care

In mid-April, I was told by Trugreen sales person, if I have a contract with them for lawn care, my grass will be like a golf course.
I signed the agreement and paid all fees in advance.
They showed up 3 days after and looked at my lawn for 2 minutes then left.
Now after one month they did not come at all. They were suppose to visit us for 7 times between April and October but they dont show up.
So our grass is untreated after 35 days that they charged me in full.
Do not approach Trugreen.

1 review Ottawa, ON

Lawn Care

I can do the same job far better and far cheaper.
The public relation part is very good but the work they do is not satisfactory at all. What they do is very superficial, few times I was home and completely surprised how fast they got in and out.

1 review Brantford, ON

Terrible company

cost of this is rediculous. They hound you for a 56 dollar payment.
I will not have them again. Twice now i hired them on and quit. Work is not good!

squashembugz in Bradford
squashembugz in Bradford
19 reviews Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON

Terrible Company - Terrible Service - Terrible Products

No wonder this company has such bad reviews on HomeStars! Here is another one. We dealt with TruGreen Lawncare out of Barrie for 2 years at our house. We paid them around 450.00/yr to "not" take care of our lawn. Under their lack of care - our lawn was full of weeds, bare spots and looked like we had no lawn care company at all. The techs that show up to a very fast, rushed poor quality job.

After the 2nd year was done we notified them in writing and by phone that we no longer wanted their services anymore and to cancel our account. The following spring they showed up when nobody was home (so they say) and applied a treatment to the lawn without our consent and billed us for it. We called them and disputed it - told them our account was cancelled but they refused to cancel the invoice. Whats worse is they have several call center numbers that call you all hours of the day and night and weekends for payment even though we CANCELLED with them.
Every spring they send door to door guys to our house trying to sell us the service again. Stay far away from this company, these reviews here on homestars are 100% accurate and speak for themself. Since getting rid of TruGreen and taking care of the lawn myself it looks MUCH better and I am 450.00/yr better off financially.

Alex in Stittsville
Alex in Stittsville
1 review Ottawa, ON

Restore a lawn that is not in bad shape

The technician accidentally burnt my lawn in several areas, never apologized & never offered to fix it. Instead, despite finally admitti g to damaging my lawn, I was told how to fix it myself at my own expense.

Their call center agents are untrustworthy. Perhaps they are under pressure to fill sales quotas. They misrepresent the cost of continued business.

They repeatedly called at the end of the season, asking for repeat business. I asked for remediation to my damaged lawn and dedpite repeated promises, they never followed up on their promises.

I

Tim from Toronto
Tim from Toronto

Stay Away

If you sign up for a seasonal package they automatically renew it for the next season, show up and send you a bill. Email and phone marketing are incessant. I cancelled my service and they still called me to schedule appointments. Stay away.

1 review Hamilton, ON

Pay to kill your lawn!

What kind of company fertilizes a lawn in a drought? Had not rained in a month yet TG still went and fertilized my lawn . Came back from long summer vacation and nothing but dead burnt lawn. They take no responsibility for anything other than that should have not happened , we can try to fix it but you have to pay your bill first. Sorry I don't pay for someone to Destroy my lawn. 0 goodwill with this company. Now my yard is nothing but dead brown grass and mud. Thanks . Stay far away from these bandits.

1 review Hamilton, ON

Horrible all around ... except billing you

I hired this company for the first time this season. They burnt my grass in many areas . Their attention to detail is awful I watched them fertilize and the would miss half the lawn when doing so .I would call for weed service and they would not show up and when they did the miss well over half of the weeds so I would have to call back time and time again .The only thing they where proactive about is billing . I sent them two final cheques which they say the did not get . Then I sent them another and they said they could not read it .. I ask 10 different people what the numbers where and they could tell me .. then now they are sending me a collection notice for $92.66 after I paid them over $600.00 for a season worth of service which I feel was not at all satisfactory to me. I feel like I threw all this money out the window . Never again and I warn everyone else not to book with them . Hire a private service same price and much better service . I will continue to share my review with they many groups and pages I am apart of and will be filling with the BBB and be looking into a small claims action to have the monies I paid return as I did not get what I paid for.

heidi from Toronto
heidi from Toronto

Poor customer service. Lawn is ruined

We were convinced by Milos at the Homeshow in Mississauga that this company would meet our needs and address any issues that arise.
In spite of regular applications, we had more weeds this year than ever before. One day I sat in my car and watched them spray the lawn. They were very sloppy spraying and missed one side of the lawn totally and I approached them to make sure it got done.
We purchased a grub treatment (nematoades) and had 2 applications. However, our lawn was destroyed by animals digging for grubs. No matter how many times we called, we never had a visit or a callback. No one cared at all. We were offered no follow up, no repair, no refund, not even the decency to call back even after having e-mailed them many photos. When reps were doing other people's lawns in the area, we brought them over to see our lawn. They were totally shocked and one said "if this was my lawn I'd be pissed". He took pictures of it but was never heard from again either. So, that was a total waste of money and time.