Trugreen Lawncare

Trugreen Lawncare

Reviews for Trugreen Lawncare

Private User reviews Oakville, ON

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I wish I Had read reviews first before contacting this SO CALLED COMPANY. This is not a business, they are dishonest, unprofessional, and have no ethics . I called the company to send some for consultation first, next thing I saw a sign in my lawn that they added fertilizer on the grass . And now they keep sending me a bill to pay them . Please be aware and don’t deal with them if you do you will regret it.

Debbie in Kitchener
Debbie in Kitchener
1 review Kitchener, ON

Dead lawn

My lawns are dead. They killed the grass back and front. Dont use them. They spray weed treatment even when it is raining. Pointless and a waste of money. They tell everyone they have grubs. I believe they plant them. I know of 2 more Trugreen customer that have grubs and they are the only ones on thier steet that use Trugreen. And thier lawns are dead aswell.

Omid J in Markham
Omid J in Markham

Stay Away.

I signed up for their 6 application package for the spring/summer season, so far have had 3 of 6 applications and notice very little to none improvement. I had to keep calling them over and over again complaining that nothing was happening on the lawn, they told me that their field guy would call me before the application to discuss with me, this never happened, so today I cancelled, and it took another 30 minutes on the phone to cancel. don't waste your money or your time.

Nik in Toronto
Nik in Toronto

Terrible work. Even more terrible marketing calls

Burnt grass is only half the story.
I sold my house and told them I do not need their service anymore. They kept calling for a few weeks anyways. I told them the same thing again. They didn't call for the rest of the year until this January.
And not just call. I was at work so couldn't pick up. They had called 5 times on my phone and another 5 on my wife's.
Canada seriously needs laws similar to CAN-SPAM for calls
Terrible company.

Harassing for payment for the service they did not provide

They called me to buy the weed control service from them and guaranteed the total removal of the weed. We agreed that apply the first application and if I am satisfied then we will continue. They applied the weed control stuff that didn't work even a little bit. Now, they are harassing me to make a payment of $300 or they will send it to the collection. please stay away from them their weed control doesn't have any effect.

Vishal  in Brampton
Vishal in Brampton

Garden services

No customer care in Mississuaga branch. No communication No commitment No care about customer
Very difficult to deal and explain the issue
No recommendations
Please try to deal with other companies rather than this.
Everyone will try to bluff and pass to next person

Maryanne in Scarborough
Maryanne in Scarborough

Terrible Service

I'm very disappointed in TruGreen. I can honestly say that my lawn has never looked so bad. It's embarassing to admit that we have the lawn serviced. It's full of weeds. The spraying doesn't help. It's clear they must water down their product to the point that it is ineffective. They no longer put the little flag on the lawn. I think they are too embarassed.
I will never use or recommend them.

Ken West  from Toronto
Ken West from Toronto
1 review Bobcaygeon, ON

Add me to the list of dissatisfied customers.

My experience is as bad as most of the other reviews here -- dead grass, lots of weeds, no response to many complaints about the bad results.

My lawn is now the worst in the neighborhood. I realize from some of the earlier posts that some of the grass may have been killed by their improper fertilization.

I also appreciate the warnings here about automatic renewal, so besides demanding a refund for the full-season program for which I paid in advance, I will make sure my cancellation is well documented.

The only positive thing I can say is that the technicians who did the 4 visits were polite and friendly.
On the other hand, they were here and gone before I know it -- they could not have taken much care.

Private User reviews Waterloo, ON

Spend all of their money on marketing

I had Trugreen recommended to me by a neighbour. Their work was alright, I had no complaints, but I did notice quite a few marketing calls looking to upsell me on services of things I had never heard of. The next year when I went to renew I noticed that their price was over twice that of their local competitor. If I thought that the marketing calls were bad before (5 or 6 last season), they are much worse after you cancel!!! Stop spending so much on your sales team bothering people on the phone and get serious about making people want to hire your services. I will be sticking with the new company that I hired.

Alex in Oakville
Alex in Oakville

Worst company to deal with

I signed a contract with them for 2018 lawn care for my property in Oakville. They have done nothing at all and my lawn is worse than what it used to be. Till date they haven’t even delivered the welcome package forget about the work. I have requested a manager call back a few times but nobody ever called. They only do formality stuff and show there face for 30 seconds. Please don’t waste you time and money on them.