Tropic Air Heating & Cooling

7370 Woodbine Ave Markham ON L3R 1A5
HomeStars  >  Heating & Air Conditioning in Richmond Hill  >  Tropic Air Heating & Cooling

Reviews for Tropic Air Heating & Cooling

Mark in Toronto
Mark in Toronto

A/C diagnostic mistake, but refunded all costs

My A/C broke in dead of summer so I called a company to come fix it, they did, but it broke again 2 days later so I called Tropic and they booked an appt for a tech to come look at it. the day before the appt they called to say their tech had been injured (not on the job) and so they may need to move me. But I guess they found another tech who was able to come do the diagnostic. This replacement tech did not appear to know what he was doing, originally he claimed the coolant was low (but previous guy had checked this and it was fine) so he did a few more tests and eventually said the compressor needed to be replaced and the office would call with a quote later.
I wasn't very confident with this diagnosis so I had another company come look at it and determined the compressor and coolant levels were fine and that it appears to be a problem with wiring or my Nest thermostat.
After finding out the compressor was fine I called Tropic to ask for a refund on the service call costs and once they heard my story they quickly issued a refund and apologized for the confusion and assured me that they would be talking with the technician to ensure this did not happen again.
So in the end this potentially bad story had a happy ending.

Asim in Scarborough
Asim in Scarborough

Water Heater Replacement - Amazing Experience

My water heater needed replacement in December. Called Tropic Air. Loren arrived within 2 hours of my call, and as promised completed the work within a day at a highly competitive price. What could one ask for, right? But here is more.

Loren is one of the most personable gentleman I have ever met. He was extremely attentive and patient in hearing all my concerns, did not try to oversell, offered professional advice, answered all my questions and showed me how to maintain my water heater. He also provided advice on how to store my A/C in winter and fixed my central humidifier that he noticed was not working - FREE OF CHARGE! which shows that HVAC is not Loren's job but his vocation, which is priceless.

I strongly recommend Loren Walker from Tropic Air for any HVAC services and wish him and his company all the success!

EB in Toronto
EB in Toronto

New High Efficiency Furnace

Buying a furnace is extremely difficult especially in the middle of the winter when you are not in the city where the furnace needs changing. Who the hell knows what furnace to buy? I had been completely ripped off for a new igniter by another HVAC company and i was very untrusting.

Somehow I ended up calling this company. The only review I found wasn't that great but I decided to go with the company anyways and things worked out. THey were very accommodating and got the job done for a price which seems to be the going rate or a bit less.

I did check the cost of the furnace on the internet and there is still a considerable markup but it was going to be the same thing with other companies.

The cost of the first visit on a stat holiday was deducted and they installed a humidifier. They did not explain properly the thermostat thing. I may have to install it myself and install a third wire to get the full benefit of the furnace but apart from that I was satisfied with the work. (They did offer to install a new thermostat and it was me who declined).

Sean Rodriguez from Toronto
Sean Rodriguez from Toronto

Installing a Tankless Water Heater

My old water heater died on me and I was in dire need of replacing it. I called the folks at Tropic Air and they set me up with a brand him fancy water heater and now my water works better than ever. They told me the benefits of going tankless and it was an easy switch for me. I really appreciate the speedy and effective service from Tropic Air and I'm sure they will do the same for you!