Touchstone Homes

AH from Richmond Hill
AH from Richmond Hill
2 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

New Townhouse

I bought this townhouse 2 years ago under the pre - construction stage, and they delivered it in 2014 (which is okay). I found the head office did a poor administrative job. They miss the deadline to inform me that there will be a delay on closing, which is avoidable. The customer service is close to nothing. Before the delivery, the only contact I got was the sales person, and someone in the accounting department. I was only given the head office phone number. Come on, it is 2014, please give us an email for communication.
Touchstone home works with a small decor centre. There were only limited options for upgrade, unlike some other bigger builders.
On the closing date, there was no customer service at all. All I got was the house key. The builder nor the site supervision did not give me any information on the warranty. I called and they emailed me the Tarion new home information package, and they asked me to refer back to this package.
But the overall build quality was not bad. Found some defeciency but it does not affect the overall impression. Kitchen cabinet, staircase and tiles were done nicely. But the house was not clean enough on the closing date. In addition, this builder still install quarter-round on the baseboard.... honestly.... no one want this anymore.

AJ in Richmond Hill
AJ in Richmond Hill
10 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

My house

I have never heard of this builder prior to my purchase, but digging up some info revealed that they used to build under a different name (Canada Homes). They have a bit of a bad reputation, however, my experience has been really great. The house was built right on time. They seemed to have done a great job. A few minor issues (like paint) was corrected right away. The decor center was really good, and some items which other builders have as upgrades were standard (e.g. Maple cabinets, dark colour wood). All in all we are very happy with our purchase and would be happy to buy from Touchstone home. I just wish they had a better website with more company information on it.

Nina in Maple
Nina in Maple

New Home Purchase

We bought a new build from Touchstone. We are happy with the price and workmanship. However, the customer service is slow. We are still waiting for them to finish up the painting in some places in the house after 9 month.