Toronto Silversmith

177 Weston Road Toronto ON M6N 3P1

Reviews for Toronto Silversmith

Laurie from Toronto
Laurie from Toronto

Great Grandmother's silver entree dishes in sad shape

Peter restored my Great Grandmother's large ornate silver entrée dishes to a gleaming, perfect state in time for our family's Christmas events this year. They had been stored improperly and the tarnish was thick and seemed impossible to clean. We are thrilled with the results and grateful to Peter that another generation can now enjoy them. Thanks so much!! I will be back to have some other treasured family heirlooms brought back to life!

Sabina  H. from Thornhill
Sabina H. from Thornhill

cleaning silverware

I approached Toronto Silversmith to clean a piece of tall, antique dessert stand for me. I haven't done anything to the stand for the past 40 years and it's dusty, rusty, and very dirty. When Peter showed me his completed work, I just could not believe my eyes! The piece is miraculously restored, looks brand new and yet, still keeps its antique look. The work that Peter has done is marvelous. It really shows his professionalism and his passion in his work. I definitely would go back to him in the future and would not hesitate to refer him to my friends.

JJK from Oakville
JJK from Oakville
1 review Ottawa, ON

Toronto Silversmiths

I have been using Toronto Silversmiths for 20 years; they are prompt, reliable and do the best work. Most of my work has been re-silvering. Their prices are the lowest in town; they do the silvering for many stores like Birks. THE BEST! I used to send my stuff from Ottawa but now live here and take it in myself.

LR in Toronto
LR in Toronto

Silver cleaning and polishing

Work done in May 2014. Silver plated candlesticks from grandmother badly tarnished and after cleaning looked like new! Initially went to fancy store (Bay/Bloor) who said $110 for cleaning, and $700 for re-plating and not sure if polishing would do any good. Second store on Yonge south of Bloor said not worthwhile cleaning and would cost $650 to re-plate. Toronto Silversmiths would have charged only $400 for re-plating, said cleaning would produce an improvement but could not guarantee how much of an improvement. Cost of $70 (plus tax) not $110. To my astonishment the tarnishing was completely gone (previous stores claimed silver plate so worn away could see metal underneath).
I was so impressed I also took a teapot and a two-piece serving dish ($96 for both) which came out very well. All done within estimated time period, called me when done.
177 Weston is slightly set back from Weston Road in short row of stores behind a parking lot. Not fancy premises, but does great job for reasonable price. Was told work done on premises.