Toronto Roofing Industries Ltd

Toronto Roofing Industries Ltd

Reviews for Toronto Roofing Industries Ltd

Private User reviews Mississauga, ON

Disinterest From Owner

Two jobs within one year and found they are not the company they used to be. If I didn't continue to call and point out OBVIOUS deficiencies they would never have been corrected. Shingle rotted wood! No drip edge until questioned. Aluminum around windows left with nails out. Workers frustrated with employer so they chastised my wife at siteStill trying to get damage to property fixed from 2018 job but T.R. merely takes the cheque and point me to THEIR supplier for resolution. NEVER AGAIN.

Monster project!

We had an incredibly difficult job that most roofing companies didn’t even want to attempt. These guys accepted the challenge, got it done safely and really well. It was on a very busy street. Owner and safety was a huge issue. The guys that showed up were so friendly, aware of the job specs and the job got done! So happy.

brottomath in Toronto
brottomath in Toronto

Gaf Timberline High Defintion shingles and flat roof over garage

Hi, I am a first time home owner and I am taking the time to write thos review because this roofing company deserves recognition for the excellent professional job they did on my house roof and flat roof on the garage. My interactions with everyone had excellent customer service. The installation crew are certified master elite contractors by GAF and I have to say these guys knew exactly what they were doing and installed my roof shingles and flat roof with great attention to details. These guys worked straight 12 hrs shift until the job was done. Thank you Toronto Roofing we are very happy with everything you have done for our roofing needs.

excellent work - eventually

we signed an agreement to replace half my roof in May. They showed up in August. However they did an excellent job, crew were very good and no mess. Would use them again.

arundel in Toronto
arundel in Toronto

New flat "cool roof" - excellent job!

My flat roof was a mess and I was constantly worried that it would start to leak. I was also interested in "cool roof" options to reduce heat gain in the second floor of my older Toronto home. A big black roof just soaks up the heat and a cool (white) roof reflects a lot of the sun's energy and stays much cooler. This type of roofing is common on commercial buildings. Upon asking other contractors about cool roof options they just said "we don't do that" so I moved on.

I contacted Tim Mulroy and he was very receptive to my request and we ended up using Soprema Soprastar cap for the flat roof and Certainteed Landmark Solaris Platinum asphalt shingles for a small patch of adjacent pitched roof. The cost to upgrade to these products was around $750 over conventional products, which was reasonable to me, so I signed a contract with Toronto Roofing Industries.

Due to rain, the work couldn't start right away but once the team started the work, they were at my home continuously until the work was complete. The job also included new fascia, soffit and gutters which was part of the contract but the work was done quickly and to my satisfaction by a subcontractor.

A cool white roof may not be for you if aesthetics is an issue. No part of my roof that is white can be seen from the ground so it made perfect sense in my case.

Review has 1 previous version

Flat Roof Botched

I would strongly discourage anyone from hiring this company to conduct any work. They completed a botched job and we have had continual leaking ever since. They continue to evade and deny any wrong doing and refuse to redo the job. We are hiring a new company to redo the roof and we will be taking this company to court to get our money back.

The job in question here was done in 2012. It is a 3 story flat roof with a sliding glass door. The difficulty on this project is the sliding glass door is FLUSH to the roof substrate. A door sill should be raised above roof level a minimum of 4" as per basic Ontario Building Code requirements. In spite of the obvious challenge here AND with a clear understanding with the owner regarding "limitations," Toronto Roofing Industries tried to make good what has proven to be a near impossible situation. However, it has not been for lack of trying. The company has returned to the job on FOUR separate occasions over the past 4 years in its resolve to bring the matter to a satisfactory conclusion. It should be noted, each time it achieved some degree of success; albeit temporary. Toronto Roofing Industries owner, Tim Mulroy was on-site as early as May 2016 to meet with the complainant (tenant) who is speaking here for the owner. Our position now is to insist that the door be raised before any further work can be done. It has been communicated in no uncertain terms that we are fully prepared to redo the flashings at our own cost once the door is raised. Toronto Roofing Industries understands fully that successful business depends on reputation. We are very proud of our reputation and take it very seriously.

b. t.
b. t.

A good local community business!

We first used this roofing business for a new roof for our previous house about 9 years ago and were very pleased with the professional job they did. And since that time we have used the same company a # of times to do minor roof repairs on our current house, as well as a replacing skylight. They always stayed within the quoted amount and do the work on time. Based on the number of time I have used this company I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them as a reputable, reliable and trustworthy community based company.

Paul Cowan from Toronto
Paul Cowan from Toronto

Partial roof, aluminium soffits/facia and cedar shingles on dormer

My experience with TRI was positive.

The good:
The quality of the work is great and the professionalism of the crew was top notch. TRI was very responsive to my request for quote, called me while going through the requirements for the job and provided great detail in the estimate. Their pricing was mid range, landing in the middle of the various quotes I got. When we encountered some issues, they stopped work and had me come home to look through what needed to be done to make sure I understood where cost over runs would be incurred. The crew was articulate and took pride in their work.

The Bad:
Cost overruns were not officially quoted. In an old house like mine, I expect there to be repair work or something crazy from a renovation previous owner and I budget for this sort of thing. My original job quote was $7500 and I had overruns of $1500. I typically expect anything outside of a 10% variance to be quoted and signatures required. I was verbally provided a "up to $1200" overrun - so not having anything officially to sign off on and minimal back up when invoiced the bothered me.

The Ugly:
The clean up was poor. There was lots of aluminum left from the soffit/facia work and cigarette butts (mainly on the road). The aluminum was particularity concerning as I have small kids and it posed a high risk for cut feet. It should be noted that I did not call to complain as I cleaned it up fairly quickly.

Kathy Kinnear from Old Toronto
Kathy Kinnear from Old Toronto

new slate roof on historical house in the Annex

This roof job was a major and costly undertaking and it is very difficult to find competent slate roofers, but Toronto Roofing Industries did a first rate job. Their workers were professional, hard working and careful. Follow-up was excellent. We had a couple of minor issues after the main job was completed and TRI was always willing to come back and find the right solutions. Even now, 6 years after the main job, any time I call them with a follow-up issue (such as adding additional features) they respond immediately. I have no hesitation in recommending TRI to friends and family.

bob from Toronto
bob from Toronto

roof, siding

I joined Homestars just so I could review this company since I read others' reviews before I hired them. They came recommended by a friend who'd had some roofing done. From start to finish they were thoroughly professional and from what I can tell (2+ months after the work was completed) did a great job. Their estimator (Russ) was prompt, provided a detailed estimate with an upgrade option for the shingles. When I called with a couple of followup questions his answers were clear. By the way, the quote was modest in comparison to some other contractors who were, in my opinion, proposing very over-engineered solutions. The work was scheduled - no deposit, required, payment after the job was complete - and as it approached the projected start date I called to check on the schedule. I happened to mention we had a small bare patch where racoons had peeled away the old shingles and I wanted to make sure the work was done before some recent snowfall melted. The person on the phone offered to send someone over to tarp the bare patch until the shingles arrived which, to me,was service above and beyond the call. I got a 2-3 day notice before the work started. The crew (Kirk and a couple of others) were there on time. They introduced themselves and got to work. Very nice guys - polite, well-spoken. And they were hard workers - it was early January, they started at 8 and worked until 6 - well after dark. Cleaned up at the end of each day. The roof and siding look fantastic. I did call after the job was complete because I'd noticed an icycle where there hadn't been one before and someone was over a day or two later to make an adjustment. Overall it was a totally positive experience and I'd have no hesitation recommending them.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review!

More about Toronto Roofing Industries Ltd

Residential roofing, shingles, flat roofing systems, alumunim siding and eaves troughing contractors.
Looking for Roofing pros in East York?