Toronto Home Comfort

Dr. S from Toronto
Dr. S from Toronto
7 reviews , ON

New woodturning fireplace

Outstanding service from first contact to installation. Informative, helpful, provided timely responses and excellent support throughout the process. Pouya was a pleasure to deal with, went above and beyond my expectations. Competitive pricing, met timelines, installer was extremely helpful as well. When we ran into difficulties due to challenges with our site, THC was extremely helpful in troubleshooting and helping us resolve things, I cannot say enough positive things about this experience.

nhamparian in Toronto
nhamparian in Toronto

Gas Leak in Fireplace

I called Toronto Home Comfort twice within a 4 month period as I could smell gas from my fireplace. The first technician checked it out and reported all was well. ( $126.30)
The smell persisted and I called once again to say the pilot light was now going out on its own (had never happened in the 7 years I have owned the fireplace) . A second technician came, changed a part going to the pilot. He assured me it was now in good working order. ($565.00)
The smell persisted and I finally called Enbridge who came immediately, issued a tag and shut the gas off to the fireplace.
The Toronto Home Comfort technician who came to address the TSSA tag told me that it was a manufacturer's defect and changed a part going to the pilot. (no charge)
I have asked and not been given a clear explanation as to why the defect was not detected at the outset and why I was left at risk for 4 months.

Margaret in Toronto
Margaret in Toronto

Blacking for stove

Wonderful service - they checked to make sure this was the right product for our antique airtight wood stove. I wish more companies offered such friendly and helpful service… Many thanks. This stove is at our cottage, and now wish I'd taken a picture (before and after)!

When we finally need a new wood stove, this will be my first stop!

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us. we pride ourselves on customer service and doing our best on a daily basis to assist any customer. Hope you enjoy your antique Stove for years to come.

Ripped Off in Toronto
Ripped Off in Toronto

Outdoor Kitchen

we did a large project with Toronto Home Comfort and thank you to Pouya we were happy with how everything turned out in the end despite some challenges along the way.

Review has 1 previous version

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing the Outdoor Kitchen purchase experience with us. we are happy that given the challenges along the way we were able to deliver and service your project to your satisfaction. Again Thank you for your kind words and looking forward to working with you in future.

Horrible service

I bought my insert in August 2016 only to find that it works 50% of the time. For that kind of money, you expect to get what you paid for. I've had two guys come out who would tell me "oh the wind blows the pilot light out" but even if there's no wind at all, it will still go out. I've spoken to the manager ten times (no exaggeration) and I can recognize both the manager's and the lady who manages customer service over the phone and yet they play dumb pretending not to have knowledge of my situation, and did not make any effort to resolve the situation. They did not call the manufacturer to see what the issue may be. I tried reaching them myself but couldn't reach them. I received the floor model so I don't know if it's a defective product or if it wasn't installed correctly, but it sure seems like they want to wait till my year-warranty is up so they can tell me they can't do anything about it.

The issue with your fireplace was related to manufacturing of the termination of the fireplace, which Napoleon had not addressed. we have since replaced the termination and we believe this has addressed the issue. Given that the part had issues in production, we required the manufacture technical support to find the problem and fixing it. we do apologize for the time this process took and believe you will not face any further issues with your fireplace. we are more than happy to discuss this matter with you directly and provide any future service you may need for this fireplace. Thank you.

john from Etobicoke
john from Etobicoke

Service

I bought a Town and Country Gas fire place from here about 4 years ago for almost $9000.00, it is fantastic. Recently I ordered some replacement glass for a napoleon fire place I have. They ordered the glass for me. I brought in the old frame for some advice or guidance on how to replace it. Her response " I have no idea, good luck with that." No effort to ask one of their installers or technicians. How quickly they forget a past loyal customer.

John, we are sorry about your experience in regards to the replacement of the glass. all of our staff are told not to provide technical support for matters relating to gas equipment because of safety matters, and the fact that we do not have any technician present in our showrooms. We are more than happy to arrange one of our technicians to visit any customers home and provide the necessary service for them. Thank you,

Maria
Maria

Fireplace gas

On time. Very informative. Patient with all my questions. My gas fireplace and mantle look beautiful. My family is really enjoying this.

Maria, we hope that you enjoy your new Valor gas insert and hope to be able to assist you in future. Thank you.

Fireplace

We had Toronto Home Comfort install our firelplace. From beginning to end they were excellent to deal with. Great communication, great installation and they were great with suggestions and advice. We are extremely happy we used them. Their price was very reasonable as well

Leslie, Thank you for you kind words. Helping you select your perfect Napoleon Fireplace was a pleasure and we wish you will enjoy the BL36 Unit for years to come. Thank you

Farnace

My furnace stopped working at 8 pm on a cold winter night. I called these guys and their technician came to my house, in less than half an hour and explained to me what was wrong with my furnace and why it would be better for me to change my furnace instead of replacing the parts. They came the next day although it was a long weekend and took my 20 years old Furnace and replaced it a brand new one. The rent was extremely good and the installation was fast and clean. I am extremely satisfied with the job they have done in my house and I am going back to them for a new AC this summer.

Thank you for you Kind words, it was with great pleasure to be able to assist you with the Furnace. Thank you

Michael from Scarborough
Michael from Scarborough

Fireplace and A/C

I like the people at Toronto Home Comfort, but we have had some problems. The air conditioner installation and function went very well, but the fireplace installers did some serious damage to our staircase when they brought it in and there were parts missing, which were addressed and rectified for the most part. The flame is still not working properly. They have confirmed the problem and have promised to fix it. I have no doubt they will, but my problem is that no matter how many times we call, we have to explain the problem again and they never follow up with a phone call and never call back when they say they will. This is now 7 or 8 months since our original installation.

More about Toronto Home Comfort

Toronto Home Comfort is one of Toronto's biggest Fireplace, Furnace, Air Conditioner, and BBQ's specialists. With over 3000 Sq. Ft. of showroom, we are sure there is something in our store for you to choose. We take great pride in our great and friendly service provided by our installation crew, and do not subcontract any of our work to maintain our standards. With over 30 Years of History, our location is a well known spot in town for all your Home Comfort needs.