HomeStars  >  Appliance Repair in Mississauga  >  Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Reviews for Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

lbaig in Etobicoke
lbaig in Etobicoke

Repaired our diswasher (door hinge) and recommended to replace our washing machine (broken and will cost so much to repair)

Your customer service rep - Suzette- had been very accommodating, courteous, knowledgible, and didn't end the communication until I was completely satisfied - wonderful service! She even called to follow up and made sure the technician (who was also helpful, respectful and knowledgible ) came as arranged for his appointment.

Best wishes & more power to the company!

1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Such POOR Customer Service EVER Experienced

Worst experience with Whirlpool and especially their outsourced subcontractor TAS (Toronto Appliance Service) for Refrigerator repair. Talk about customer service...NONE! Whirlpool, you need to run a service blueprint exercise to better understand how your workflows affect customers. Secondly, you should drop TAS as your subcontractor because of their reviews and service I have experienced this week. Their technicians didn't show up when scheduled, when they came they broke the line then said warranty should cover it. When I called to figure out how to resolve the issue because warranty doesn't cover the issue, Whirlpool and TAS decided to point the finger at each other taking NO accountability. Whirlpool Canada, please contact me if you wish to chat. You're close to winning because at this point, I am leaning to towards a new fridge....btw the fridge in question is less than 6yrs old...this should not be happening!!

Lastly, I spoke to Marta (Manager at TAS) who was meant to be able to help me but instead she was extremely rude and unhelpful. She was very defensive and made no effort to understand my situation or take the time to figure out who is right or wrong. Without any data, she defended her technician as if no one makes mistakes. The icing on the cake was that she hung up the phone on me when I expressed concerns with how the situation was being handled from a customer service perspective. I'm appalled by this experience and I am the last person to write a review like this.

Fixing of fridge

We moved to a new townhouse and our new fridge had few issues. The company always addressed our concerns, gave advance notice for technician's arrival, ordered necessary part when required and scheduled follow up visit to install the part

Customer Dispatch was friendly and Technician was nice

Called the company, talked to Suzette and was so friendly and quick to book an appointment. The Technician Bob was knowledgeable with troubleshooting and charged us only the actual service amount (he's honest). Other company may have charged us extra fee for services they have not done or parts that are not broken.

Tom in Mississauga
Tom in Mississauga

Stove repair

After ALOT of phoning around and trying to get costs, TAS wins. Finally someone who was able to tell me costs right away and was not transferring me around. Andrew the tech was great. Only thing was I had to wait a day for the part but it was not a standard one so I get that. Recommend solely on not being mysterious about pricing and great tech!

Whirlpool Washing Machine

My washing machine stop drain the water, I called the company TAS, I talked with Melissa, she was very understandable, set the appointment from 2 - 5 pm, she promised the tech will call me 20-30 minutes before he arrive, they two tech came, they were late 2 minutes, they fix the drain issue in a very short time, clean way, tested the machine, it was perfect experience, I do recommend this company regardless of most of the bad views, the man was opening the screws even without looking into the machine, they are super....!

Sini @ Tor in Old Toronto
S. .

Washer Repair

The company's slogan says "Great Service at affordable rates ...", however with my experience it was far beyond that ! The pricing was definitely competitive and what stood out, more importantly, was received value for the money. I was helped out in any possible way; from providing fair estimate, being educated and accordingly helped making right decision myself. It's not a shop where "you buy one & get one free", NO but you'll get any break that can be done in your benefit. From the initial phone call to the last bye, after paying the bill all was crystal clear and clean not leaving any doubts behind. Trust, Engagement, Professionalism was all demonstrated by all the employees I have dealt with; from Call Center, Technician, his Manager, all the way through the Billing ... no, all was smooth jus my 'case' had some complexity, due to parts unavailability ... ?. The Irony, or the Greatness, is that I'm fairly capable handy man and if I found a value hiring someone to do that job, for me, there must be something good that triggered that. Also, what we, as customers should take in consideration that this is a two way road; we all like to be treated with respect and dignity. I was treated that way to the full extent of that meaning and TAS staff definitely deserved that treatment as well. Could I say I would recommend TAS, NO ... I already DID IT !! ? Thank you TAS Team & 'till next opportunity !! //.. Happy Customer

Unprofessional and incompetent

They came out three times for my JennAir double wall oven - replaced random parts and the bottom oven door still won't close and the light for the top oven comes on. I have to operate my oven with a chair propped against it. This is the fourth month (I contacted them in October). When I called them back to report the problem was still ongoing and they had no idea who I was and treated me like this was the first interaction -said it would cost $350. When I mentioned about getting a credit (on the bottom of the work invoice it indicates labour is guaranteed 30 days and parts 90 days) they basically told me that Whirlpool has all of my money and I that I would have to talk to them. So I called Whirlpool and they are sending a new contartor out and they are covering the repair. So yea Whirlpool!!!

Goshab in New York
Goshab in New York

Whirlpool microwave repair

I've been referred to this company by Whirlpool Canada service centre, which is unfortunate, and I hope that they will remove Toronto Appliances service from the list of accredited repair centres. Like others have said, I've been charged $100 "diagnostic" fee. Which would be almost OK if the diagnostics were done in the honest professional manner. It was clearly visible that the only part that has been broken is a plastic button and I've been ready to pay for the service and replacement by professionals. However after a week of waiting I've been provided with an absurd list of parts to be ordered including control panel and electronic components to the convenient amount of $600. Basically, there were trying to take advantage by praying on unsuspecting clients.
Beware and use other technicians which you could find plenty on this site with credible history of good reviews.

Cosmetic Repair for New Kitchenaid Stove

I guess it all depends on the area you live in and the technician that's assigned to you but I had an excellent experience. I bought a new Kitchenaid gas stove but I noticed that it was a bit banged up. I called Kitchenaid and an appointment with TAS was set up. The technician called before my window to say that he finished his previous appointment early and asked whether I wanted him to come earlier. It was convenient for me so I said yes! We thoroughly looked over the range together and he ordered all the necessary parts. Within a week, I received an email and a call to say the parts had arrived. I set up another appointment & on the day, I received a call from TAS to say the technician would arrive within a half hour which, by the way, was at the start of my four hour window! I was lucky enough to get the same person, Natalino and he quickly replaced the damaged parts. He was punctual, courtious and very professional! I highly recommend TAS!

More about Toronto Appliance Service Ltd.

Appliance repair, with a committment to prompt, professional courteous service.