Torlys Smart Floors

Reviews for Torlys Smart Floors

Suzy in Oakville
Suzy in Oakville

Torly's EverWood Premier Rockwood

We installed this flooring in our living room and dining room. We love the look of it and how easy it was to install. My husband dropped an 8 foot shelf AND an aluminum ladder on the floor. The shelf snapped in half upon impact. It did not make a single mark on the floor! Not even a dent or a scratch. However... scratches were so easily made by the simplest things! Like a guitar case, a chair, and I don't even know what! In just one week of installation, we had numerous deep scratches! I honestly do not even know how it happened. We put thick felt pads under EVERYTHING. The scratches were white which really stood out on the dark wood colour.

To fix the scratches I dipped a Q-tip in coconut oil and rubbed it in. Some deeper scratches needed a second application. This made the whiteness of the scratch disappear. But deeper scratches, I can still see if I get up close and I can feel it when I run my fingers across it.

Before we bought this flooring, we took home sample of different types of flooring and tested the durability. I took assorted sharp objects to each sample. and roughed them up. The Torly's vinyl faired much better than real hardwood and engineered wood. Laminate faired the best but I did not like the shine or the feel of it. My husband said my testing was not realistic because no one is going to take sharp objects like that and make gouges in the floor. True. So we bought it and installed it. I am SO disappointed in this product. We are already planning to take it out and put it in our bedroom where no one will see it. I do not recommend this product.

please help in Mississauga
please help in Mississauga

kitchen tile

WE are very disappointed in our Torlys floor. Our huge kitchen/hallway looks like a skating rink. We contacted our installer they called Torleys. Torlys told them that no scratching is covered by warrenty. We have only been living in our newly renoed home for 6 months and it looks like it could be 20 yrs old. Beautiful floor but scratches like mad, even with felt pads on everything since day one. WE don't allow the kids toys on it (shame) and if they are carrying a toy/book or whatever it will leave a scratch if dropped no doubt about it. After spending so much money on a floor its REALLY depressing!!

HBruce in Mississauga
HBruce in Mississauga

Kitchen tile

Absolutely horrible product! It wasn’t laid more than a few days and it looks like a skating rink, how is that durable!!!!! I’m so beyond disappointed, I’ve let my installer know and they said they would contact the supplier but wow!!!! Not even a week old

Hi there,
We're sorry to hear about your experience with your new TORLYS floors. We would like to investigate this further, would you be able to confirm the product installed in your home?
TORLYS

Private User reviews Winnipeg, MB

Toryls Hampton 8mm laminate

We installed Toryls Hampton 8mm in our newly built hime three years ago. After 6 months it started making a cracking and popping noise throught the whole house. It has been suggested to us to get the humidity lower (which has been within the guidelines of Toryls spec sheet), also to overbuild our joists by blocking and to talcum powder the entire floor. If we have to do all of this for a laminate flooring, then this flooring is not worth buying. Might it be the milling?? We thought we'd buy Canadian (which is the most expensive), but we should have stuck with the big box store we usually use. Now we're looking at eating the cost replacing the entire house. Total waste of money and a huge disappointment.

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with TORLYS laminate floors. We'd like to look into this issue further, would you be able to share where you received your maintenance advice? If you haven't already, we also recommend contacting the dealer you purchased the floors so they can send out a TORLYS rep for a site inspection.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

The TORLYS Team

Carol in Oakville
Carol in Oakville

Torlys Everwood vinyl plank looks great and is very comfortable!

I recently purchased and installed Torlys Everwood vinyl plank flooring in my condo and am extremely happy with this product. As promised the floors look and feel like real wood with the added bonus of being very durable and easy to clean. I have three pets and appreciate the tight fitting joints for when those accidents happen, and so far not one scratch from pet nails and they have been giving it a workout.

The combination of underpad and the cork backing is also appreciated as I have arthritis and the flexibility and soft feel of the flooring is easier on my legs, causing less stress to my joints and overall less pain when standing and walking.

I would recommend this product for anyone who wants a good look plus durability!

Margaret in Hamilton

1-800-461-2573
1900 Derry Rd E.
Mississauga
L5S 1Y6

This floor feels amazing under your feet.however it is not suitable for a kitchen floor that has any foot traffic what so ever. After two days of wear the floor looks like a skating rink with scratches everywhere. We followed the care and maintenance guide. Swept and vacuumed the floor several times every day because it was exspensive and we wanted it to look great in our new kitchen. Very disappointed in the finish on this floor. I wish I would have gone with a box store cheap floor because I could have replaced it several times for the cost of this floor. But because of the cost of this floor I have to look at scratches for the next year as it will not last any longer than that and look good. Very disappointed in the floor and customer service. I would not recommend this floor to anyone. I am embarrassed to tell anyone how much time I spent researching this floor before buying.

Hi Margaret,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your EverTile floor. We've looked in our records and we don't have a claim open for you. Please contact the dealer where you purchased the floor, so they can initiate the claims process for this to be investigated. We'd like to be able to look into this issue further for you.

Private User reviews Halifax, NS

Flooring Installer

As a flooring installer who's works with many products, torlys product is always a pleasure to work with. Would recommend anyone who wants durability and quality to go with torlys

Thanks for the kind words!

Jessie in Brampton
Jessie in Brampton
1 review Beeton, ON

Main floor and basement renovation

We are extremely satisfied with our flooring throughout our main floor and basement area. We had a great experience all around. Would recommend this product to anyone, thanks Torlys! :)

Thanks Jessie! We're glad you're happy with your new floor. Which floor did you end up picking?

Private User reviews Kamloops, BC

Basement floor

Last year we had flooring from Torlys installed in our basement. With lots of traffic and toys it can be a very busy space. We are very pleased with the product. It is beautiful!
Thanks Torlys

Glad you love your floor!

Teresa Correia in Toronto
Teresa Correia in Toronto

Cork Flooring

Cork Flooring selection is unparalleled.
Many choices to suit a wide variety of decor that it makes it hard to pick just one. Installation was very simple, and easy to maintain.
This flooring is easy on the legs if you are standing for long periods of time. This cork flooring can also be used on walls as an accent and it looks great.

Thanks Teresa! We love our cork products. Cork is warm and soft underfoot. We're offering some impressive colours and styles, as well as some of the longest planks on the market.

More about Torlys Smart Floors

We have one of the most diverse and unique flooring collections in the industry—hardwood, laminate, leather and cork. We design easy-to-install planks and tiles that simply click together without glue or nails. See all the different colours, patterns, and textures that will enhance any room! For more information on products ...
Looking for Floor Retailers pros in Mississauga?