Top Hat Chimney

Reviews for Top Hat Chimney

ChrisJill East York
ChrisJill East York

Chimney Swept

When I phoned Top Hat they were very friendly and arranged for Greg White to come and sweep the Chimney. When he arrived he was very personable and happy to answer my questions (I was new to owning a fireplace). Upon inspection there was a squirrels nest in the chimney - Greg dealt with this no problem and capped the chimney to avoid the problem recurring. When the work was done the fireplace was left looking immaculate and there was absolutely no mess whatsoever. Great Job, thanks Greg, I'll be giving you a call next year for sure.

Cathy
Cathy
12 reviews ,

Chimney Cleaning

Al came by on time, and did a great job. My place was left clean. I have never had a fireplace before, so the tips Al gave me was very much appreciated. I would use this company again.

Jane
Jane

chimney cleaning

I was very pleased with the service I received from Top Hat Chimney. Unlike another company I used in the past,the chimney sweep arrived on time and was very knowledgeable and polite. He did a very thorough job and left the room spotless. Thanks Top Hat, I will definitely use your company again.

Jackie
Jackie

chimney repair

We found them very professional, courteous and knowledgeable. They provided good advice and repaired the problem with no hassle and left everything very clean afterwards. We would use them again and recommend them to friends.

Martin in Scarborough
Martin in Scarborough
1 review ,

chimney cleaning and repair

I don't usually write testimonials, but we used Top Hat Chimney for a chimney sweep, and later for a chimney repair. In both cases their staff was very helpful and courteous, and they did a wonderful job! I have no hesitation reccomending this company.

Chris East York
Chris East York

Chimney Clean

The "sweep" showed up and pointed out a crack in the hearth. My girlfriend (9months pregnant at the time) was home alone, she decided not to get it cleaned if it needed repairs. The sweep tried to charge her 65 dollars... After she was almost in tears and on the phone with the company they brought it down to 37.10
for doing nothing.

These people are not good people.

Do not use them...

diana colman, high park
diana colman, high park
2.3/10

Chimney cleaning

I used this company a few years ago.
I left the house while they were cleaning the chimney with a loud super vacuum machine. After they cleaned my chimney I discovered a layer of soot on all the floors of my house. Of course this happened the day after my cleaning lady ( me) cleaned the house. The white furniture in my livingroom by the fireplace, took on a "lighter shade of pale gray". I called the company and left a message asking what they would do about the soot all through my house.
They called back and offered my husband a $20.00 reduction on the fee they charged. Unfortunately I wasn't home.
The next year they called to ask if I needed my chimney cleaned. I gave them an earful. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

John from Oakwood Village (Toronto)
John from Oakwood Village (Toronto)

2.8/10

Repair chimney brick work.

They took a long time to schedule the job. The job was completed very quickly (for the money I paid) and in the end the leak was not fixed. I followed up with the company to have them fix the problem. They did not return my calls and completely ped the ball.

More about Top Hat Chimney

Standing above the roofline, chimneys are fully exposed to rain and snow and are affected by winter's freeze/thaw cycles. They are therefore one of the first places on a house to deteriorate. This deterioration usually takes many years to begin but then progresses rapidly. Cracked or spalled bricks, damaged flue tiles or concrete caps, or a leaning structure are signs that the chimney needs immediate attention.

Top Hat Chimney specializes in all aspects of chimney repair and rebuilding. Our brick masons are unsurpassed in their level of expertise, and take pride in their workmanship. They take great care to protect the roof and ground so that all work will be completed in a clean and safe manner.

All of our work is guaranteed against defect in materials and workmanship.

We are happy to provide references from other satisfied customers in your area.

The burning of wood leaves highly flammable deposits in the chimney flue and smoke chamber. Regular cleaning and inspection are essential in the prevention of chimney fires.

All of our expert technicians are WETT certified and employ the most up-to-date chimney cleaning techniques. Care is always taken to insure that there is no mess in the home.

A basic chimney sweep includes :

- cleaning of the chimney flue, smoke chamber, and smoke shelf
- damper adjustment
- basic inspection.

Also Available :

- nest and blockage removal
- detailed WETT reports
- chimney caps and accesories
- special rates for multi-unit properties