Top Hat Chimney

Scarborough ON
HomeStars  >  Chimney Build & Repair in Toronto  >  Top Hat Chimney

Reviews for Top Hat Chimney

Chimney Repair

Haf a few other qotes, they were not the cheapest but felt there sales guy Steve knew what he was talking about. Crew was on time, clean.... and did a great job.

Actually I am the owner of the company, but I am involved in doing many of the quotes. Thank you for the kind words.
Steve Spring

PS. We find that our pricing is usually quite competitive with other established companies.

Ayal in Toronto
Ayal in Toronto

Great experience with Top Hat- would recommend.

Top Hat got the job done quickly, effectively and without mess. I would definitely use this company in the future and would recommend them to anybody who is in need of chimney work.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We would be happy to help you again in the future. Steve Spring

Daniel Z.
Daniel Z.
1 review Zephyr, ON

Cleaning of chimney and repairs to exterior brick work.

Very professional service to clean chimney. Extra
Precautions taken as to not make any mess. Inspected chimney interior and exterior to ensure safety. Solid warranty on work. Would recommend these guys to anyone as they take real pride in their work and seemed very trustworthy.

Than you for taking the time to post a review!

Kristen from Rent-A-Wife
Kristen from Rent-A-Wife

Chimney Sweeps

I run a small cleaning company and needed someone to clean the chimneys in a big house in Wychwood Park. I needed it done quite quickly and Top Hat Chimney Sweeps was able to do it in a matter of days. The client was thrilled with the work, and that makes my job so much easier. These clients have been with me a long time and are very important to me. Thanks Top Hat!!

Dear Kristen,

Thank you very much for the kind review. Although we usually deal directly with the public, it is great to know that we can also be of assistance to other small business owners. Call any time we can be of service. Steve Spring

Debbie G. in Toronto
Debbie G. in Toronto

Chimney repair

I called Top Hat after having a baby bird stuck in my fireplace and a squirrel with her new babies in my chimney. Steve was very polite since the beginning and understood how quick I needed to get my chimneys fixed. I had two different crews (Mike and Henry) and both were very professional and finished their work in the amount of time they said it was going to take and within the price that has been given to me.
I would recommend them without hesitation.

Thank you for the review Debbie. Glad we could be of service!

Rob from Vaughan
Rob from Vaughan

Chimney Rebuild from Below Roof Line

Exceptional workmanship and professional personified. Steve Sprigg and his team of Henry and James were competent and dependable from our first phone conversation until the job was complete. My older chimney was in poor shape and Steve and his team went above and beyond to surpass my expecations. I highly recommend Top Hat to anyone and everyone in need of chimney repair. Of all the chimney contractors I contacted, Steve was the only one to come to my house multiple times, without hesitation, for consultation. He also provided me with be fairest price for the labour involved. Many thanks again, gentlemen!

Hi Rob. Although many people think of us when it comes to chimney cleaning, I believe that we have some of the best brick masons/ chimney repairmen in town. Thank you very much for the review. Steve Spring

benrosemberg in Toronto
benrosemberg in Toronto

Great Chimney Sweep

This is my second time using Top Hat Chimney Sweeps. Both times the job performed was thorough and clean. The chimney sweeper was professional, courteous and kind. I would be happy to recommend them, and will definitely use Top Hat Chimney Sweeps again in the future.

Dear Ben,
Thank you for your continued support. As you must know, we like to reward our customer's loyalty, in part by offering discounts on chimney cleaning and repair for past customers. I hope to hear from you again next year. Steve

Lorril from Toronto
Lorril from Toronto

Chimney

I had Top Hat come out to check my chimney to make sure it was safe to have a fire for this winter (2015). They were on time for their appointment. The technician spent about 10-15 minutes and I paid them $129.00 + tax. He just put his broom up the stack. He told me I had 3 loose bricks and would send a tech out to fix the problem and also would bring out a replacement screen for the top (the screen at no charge). I just received a phone call from the tech that it would cost $275.00 to fix the 3 loose bricks and he also told me that the initial service tech should not of told me the screen would be no charge. I declined their service and would never use them again.

Dear Lorril,

I am very sorry that you felt your experience with Top Hat Chimney was not a positive one. I can't really comment on the chimney sweeping appointment, except to say that our technicians are WETT certified, and have been with our company for many years. I know that they take great pride in knowing that they are doing a thorough job for the homeowner. It is quite possible that the chimney was not very dirty and required less time to clean than is usual.

As far as the quote for replacing bricks, we do offer qualified brick-masons for all of our repair work, and of course must charge for their time and material. Even though 3 loose bricks doesn't sound like much, it can take a fair bit of time to repair it properly (especially when working on a chimney 30' off the ground).

I really hope that you will change your mind and try us again in the future, so that we may have a chance to win back your patronage.
Yours truly,
Steve

Dave from Toronto
Dave from Toronto

Chimney rebuild

Very happy with their work - Top Hat rebuilt our chimney from just below the roof and up. They quoted fairly, they answered our questions quickly, the work was planned out professionally and then executed in one day, and there have been no issues. Final product looks great!

More about Top Hat Chimney

Standing above the roofline, chimneys are fully exposed to rain and snow and are affected by winter's freeze/thaw cycles. They are therefore one of the first places on a house to deteriorate. This deterioration usually takes many years to begin but then progresses rapidly. Cracked or spalled bricks, damaged flue tiles or concrete caps, or a leaning structure are signs that the chimney needs immediate attention.

Top Hat Chimney specializes in all aspects of chimney repair and rebuilding. Our brick masons are unsurpassed in their level of expertise, and take pride in their workmanship. They take great care to protect the roof and ground so that all work will be completed in a clean and safe manner.

All of our work is guaranteed against defect in materials and workmanship.

We are happy to provide references from other satisfied customers in your area.

The burning of wood leaves highly flammable deposits in the chimney flue and smoke chamber. Regular cleaning and inspection are essential in the prevention of chimney fires.

All of our expert technicians are WETT certified and employ the most up-to-date chimney cleaning techniques. Care is always taken to insure that there is no mess in the home.

A basic chimney sweep includes :

- cleaning of the chimney flue, smoke chamber, and smoke shelf
- damper adjustment
- basic inspection.

Also Available :

- nest and blockage removal
- detailed WETT reports
- chimney caps and accesories
- special rates for multi-unit properties