The Window & Door Specialist

Bao
Bao
6 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Replaced basement window

I was renovating my basement this past winter and looking to replace my original basement window before renovations started. I thought the quote was fair so based on the reviews, I went forward with this company. The job was done in reasonable time and sealed up my basement pretty well. I don't believe there's nothing complex about this other than the fact that it has a metal casing around the window but the installer took care of it and I am satisfied with the job.

Thanks again and will recommend.

Thank you Bao for taking your time to write the review for us. We're glad that you are happy with the job.

Clamen
Clamen
9 reviews North York, ON

window instlltion triplex

five stars because of installer Tato and team excellent installation very clean efficient not cheapest quote by salesman but they have done other work for us and we were very impressed with previous installation

Thanks for you review!
I will forward your compliments to Tato.

SimFamAjax
SimFamAjax
3 reviews Ajax, ON

New double front doors and back door

Our experience with The Window & Door Specialist was excellent from start to finish. We were looking to replace our double front doors and our back door. We knew that we wanted a Novatech door (we loved the Liano glass) so we contacted several companies that offer Novatech doors. I also checked reviews on Homestars and contacted 5 companies that service the GTA. The Window & Door Specialist offered the most competitive quote and their salesperson (Rick) was pleasant, clear and very helpful. Also, this company offers Saturday appointments and also was easy to communicate with (via phone and email) so we decided to place an order for our new doors. The office manager, Tommy, responds very quickly to emails as well. An appointment for measurements were made ~2 weeks later and our doors were installed ~5 weeks after that time. This was also the time frame that was discussed with us and we did not experience any delays. The installation of the doors was also scheduled for a Saturday. Again, this was very helpful as we are a busy family with work commitments during the week. It was nice to have a company that could accommodate our busy schedule. The installer, Jack, was absolutely amazing. He arrived early, worked diligently and was very professional. I was really impressed with his commitment to produce high quality results. Jack was also very meticulous and even touched up our doors with a bit of paint to make sure everything was perfect. He also made sure that we were satisfied with the installation and went above and beyond to make sure the installation went smoothly. A week after installation, I received a phone call from the company to make sure that I was happy with the new doors. This shows how much they care about their customer satisfaction. Overall, we are very happy with this company and our new doors. The Window & Door Specialist exceeded our expectations and we recommend them and will certainly consider them in the future!

I'm so glad that you are happy and that the install went well for you!

Thank you for your positive review.
- Tommy

Peter in Toronto
Peter in Toronto

Quality Work At A Competitive Price

We had a new patio door and bathroom window installed by The Window & Door Specialists last summer. The quality of the products were great and the installation crew did an awesome job. They were able to work on my older house that had an unusual patio door sizing without any issues. Looking forward to using them again

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your positive review. We look forward to working with you again.

Lisa
Lisa

Back Porch enclosure

They enclosed a very large two level back porch entry to my home, complete with several large windows and an entry door. The finished area was well over 500 sq ft. The installer was so professional, on time and explained his work every step of the way. He kept a very clean work area and took away any materials and garage each day. I am very happy with the outcome and look forward to using this space for most of the year. And best of all, no more shoveling snow off those steps.

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for the review and I'm glad you had a good experience.
Your feedback about the installer is very helpful for us.

Anna
Anna

Front door replacement

I was looking into replacing the front door of my house and upon recommendation, I looked to The Window & Door Specialist for their service. I spoke with salesperson/coordinator Tommy and he was extremely helpful through this whole process. I didn't realize there were so many options, styles, colours, and design for just a simple door. Tommy was very patient and guided me through these various options. Through every step of the way, I was notified and the installation was done as the stated time. Service was very timely and seamless. More importantly, my door looks great! I would definitely recommend this place if you're looking for good service and good quality.

Hi Anna, it was a pleasure to work with you and I'm glad that you're satisfied.

Helen in Toronto
Helen in Toronto
1 review Richmond Hill, ON

Windows in all house - Invoice 55167

The Window & Door Specialist, we worked with Lois the owner, purchased We purchased in October 2017 Platinum Series with R 4.0 and Low-E272, made by Vinylbilt manufacture and supposedly certified and approved by CSA? We pay a fortune for the "best windows on a market" and it's lemon from the start. All windows "ARMOR" have manufacture defects. During colder weather specially at winter time all windows leaking air at the bottom of the windows and with minus -5 Celsius it accumulating so much water at the bottom of each windows that start dripping on a floor and some have icicles. The frame and glass is cold to touch, Lenox furnace working without stop, never had that problem before with wooden windows. Many calls emails and pictures sent to office, and Stefany, requested 3 times to send pictures and no one looked after us. Mistake to do all windows at once.

Hi Helen, the owner has personally inspected the issue at your house.

Our owner's understanding is that the issue arises from moisture in the house which causes the condensation on the inner pane of the glass, no between the glass, which would be typical for a sealed failure.

Also, we have contacted the manufacturer, who will inspect the issue as well. After that, we can confirm the issue together.

L from Richmond Hill
L from Richmond Hill
17 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

Basement Windows

I am a little disappointed about their loyalty and customer service. I dealt with Louis and had 3 windows installed by them that we’re supposedly high energy high end windows. The seal broke on one of them after a year and they wouldn’t stand by their product. They would replace the glass because it’s warrantied which costs nothing but wanted to charge me labour to replace the window which would take literally 5 minutes. The window is a small basement window and would be the same price to change if I change a huge bay window. They are supposed to have a 20 year warranty but the labour is only a one year warranty. I referred my mother in law to these guys to replace a storm door and my other family member for a front door who both gave them business. I am disappointed that I did. I also called them for a new backdoor and they tried to charge me 800 dollars more than another company for the exact same door and manufacture. I obviously didn’t go with them. I guess loyalty and customer doesn’t matter to them. A little disappointed...

L,

We pride ourselves on our after sales service and are disheartened that you feel that your loyalty is not important. We have enjoyed many long term relationships with our clients which supports how important they are to us. It appears from your review that you have several points of concern. As your identity or project details are unclear in your review it is very difficult for us to understand the details of your situation. Would you be willing to reach out to us either by email at sales@windowdoorspecialist.com or by phone at 905-770-3719, to allow us the opportunity to hear your concerns in detail and work together toward a more suitable resolution?

We hope to hear from you.

The Window and Doors Team

Rick in Aurora
Rick in Aurora
1 review Aurora, ON

Replace Home Windows + Sills

Terrific interaction with Sales team - very responsive and informative, including delivery of what was originally promised. Some delays in delivery/installation date, due to high volumes at window manufacturer.
Excellent installation team - kept us informed, answered all our questions, great clean-up, and terrific looking final product. Excellent follow-up and resolution on some minor screen issues. Very pleased with the entire process.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your positive review and your patience throughout the GreenOn delays.

The Window & Door Specialist

Christian
Christian
4 reviews Richmond Hill, ON

windows and doors

This is the second time we hired the Window and Door specialist, this time to install a new front door, some of the windows and a new patio door. The installers did a great job installing everything, no complains (Thanks Tito!). Only two things did not go completely to plan: 1) the handles for some of the windows were of the wrong type from what we had ordered, but Tommy from the office quickly opened a support case with the window manufacturer to get this sorted out and I have been in contact with them to proceed with the replacement (this has not been done yet); and 2) I never realized that the installers would not re-install the alarm sensor when replacing the front door, so had to get this done afterwards (luckily the basement is not finished below the door, so passing the new cable was not an issue). I would hire them again.

Christian, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value your business and pride ourselves on our after sales service. I appreciate you updating me last week that the service had been completed and your new handles are in place as was promised. Best regards, The Window & Door Specialist

More about The Window & Door Specialist

♦ The Window & Door Specialist has over 35 years of home improvement experience.

♦ A+ rating on Better Business Bureau since 2002

♦ We offer ENERGY STAR® windows, entry doors, patio/garden doors, storm doors and porch enclosures, shutters, blinds, bay windows, casement windows, slider windows, hung windows, bow windows, security windows, comfort windows.

♦ 3800 square feet showroom space with a virtual tour on our website.

♦ Your needs will be accommodated by our trained sales staff and installers.

♦ Helping you make an educated decision by providing honest and unbiased information.

♦ Installations range from simple to the most extensive and elaborate.

♦ All our customers receive standard and lifetime warranties from the manufacturers.

♦ We work closely with manufacturers to ensure your project is completed in a timely manner.

♦ Long term repeat customers have been satisfied with our quality product choices and professional in-house installers.

♦ We offer a Price Match Guarantee.