The Floor Shop

Reviews for The Floor Shop

The Grants from Orangeville
The Grants from Orangeville

Hardwood Floors

I recently had a floor done through the floor shop and their service and install was impeccable. The guys showed up in a timely manner and finished the job in the time alloted. Steve and the sales staff in the store were very knowledgeable and helpful. If I were to do this all over again the floor shop would be my first choice.

Jeff in Bloor West
Jeff in Bloor West

Floor

My family recently purchased a house and jas new floors installed on the main floor and upstairs. The customer service at this location was exceptional. The assistance provided in the selection phase was very much appreciated due to the variety of product available. The individuals who work at this store were extremely helpful and supportive which including visiting my home during the installation to ensure all was going well. The installation of the product was fast and well done. My family is very happy with the end product and thank the Floor Shop for all their efforts.

Muskoka Cottage Owner
Muskoka Cottage Owner

9.8/10

Hardwood Floors - Entire Main Floor

I have to say that they did a fantastic job on the installation of our new floors. The 2 fellows that did the installation were polite, and very hard working. They were there when they said they were going to be and finished on time. After the install the clean-up was better than expected. All that I had to do was a light vacuum and dust mop, and then I let my 1 yr old crawl on the floor. It was that great of a job.

Peter in Cabbagetown
Peter in Cabbagetown

Engineered Euro-maple LR floor(Swedish Kahrs line)

This is now the fourth time I have purchased wood flooring from The Floor Shop store in Leaside in 3.5 years. I have spent many, many hours in this establishment, and in lengthy discussions at various times with most of their staff.
Every single one of them has been a pleasure to deal with. These fellows know wood they love wood they are articulate they take their time with me and they are not salespeople. Let me amend this: of course in one sense they are salespeople, but their wood lines sell themselves. So to me they are more like wood educators.
Clearly they are dealing in high-end products. My purchases so far have all been engineered hardwood. Floor Shop prices seem fair to me call them affordable but I wasn't shopping for price.
I'll report back when this installation is complete next month, but I simply was compelled to give these "Woodmen" a salute.
Oh, previous wood floor details: three different installation crews, all seemed capable. A couple of little problems were corrected promptly and without hassle.
If you want me to give some lower grade just to avoid sounding like a Floor Shop shill, I'll give them only an "Average" mark for timeliness of installation. You won't have your wood floor next week. More like a month or two.
Like I'm waiting right now.
Update from my prior review: my engineered maple floor was installed 5-6 weeks after signing the contract. A three-person crew led by Wojtek did the job excellently and cleanly, in the anticipated one day.

I knew the end result would improve my home -- I did not anticipate by how much. A long narrow living room now looks bright and comparatively wide. And more like central Stockholm than central Toronto.

Worth every penny.

Rob from Mississauga
Rob from Mississauga

Library - Hard wood flooring

Excellence with quality and professionalism. I wanted to redo my library from tiles to hardwood and wanted to ensure that a good company does it. I had heard fantastic comments about The floor shop and was very right to selecting this company. The colour of the wood and attention to detail needs to be praised. I would commend this company to everyone I know that want to change there flooring and want it done with QUALITY.

Mary from Toronto
Mary from Toronto

Living Room new hardwood floors

Unbelievable company. They arrived early and performed with the utmost professionalism with laying out protective sheets and continually checking the work each step of the way. The level of excellence commenced from the signing of the contract in the absolutely beautiful store right to them saying goodbye and have a nice day. Very very impressed. I interviewed 5 other well named competitors and have NO REGRETS to selecting The Floor Shop.

Lori and Doug from The Beach
Lori and Doug from The Beach

New hardwood flooring installation

We just hard new hardwood flooring installed on the main level of our home. We dealt with The Floor Shop who did a wonderful job from start to finish. They offer excellent guidance from choosing the product and installation tips. They were professional in every sense of the word. Allen Doyle and his team made this a simple and painless installation. They were not the most inexpensive quote, but they were business like, on time, accurate and called exactly when they said they would. The installation team were outstanding - fast and did an incredible job - they did lots of little extras and kept to the exact time line they promised.
Thank you for your expertise - we would highly recommend The Floor Shop to anyone.

Jennifer Canning/Donway
Jennifer Canning/Donway
9.8/10

Floors refinished

Floors look absolutely amazing... the work was done in a timely fashion.. they did a great job cleaning up... everyone that comes into my house comments on how great the floors look!!

I would highly recommend this company!!!

Linda from Davisville
Linda from Davisville

replace flooring on 1st floor

THis company is Great!!! They are total professionals who really know their business from the time you walk in the door to the time they are finished the job! Andrew at the Wickstead location showed me the flooring I was looking for and immmediately made arrangements for Allen Doyle to come out and assess the job. He was a total professional. Once I dealt with him, I knew I was going to go with the company. Next the date was set to begin the work. The hardwood was replaced in the living aand dining rooms to include new sub flooring and from the front door to the back door we had a floating floor put in. It was all done to perfection by Voytek and Victor!!! AND, it was all done in two days. All of the rubbage was carted away and the mess cleaned up daily. I would recommend this company to anyone! Thanks Guys - Linda from Davisville area

brandon1@cogeco.ca
B. 1.

Hardwood flooring

We had The Floor Shop do our new house seven years ago... their price was half what the builder wanted, they did excellent work, and finished when they said they would. Great selection of hardwood flooring as well. We've just sold that house, and will have The Floor Shop do the new one before we move in.

More about The Floor Shop

Category for The Floor Shop : Floor Retailers

Mississauga Store Hours: 8am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays

Etobicoke Store Hours: 10am - 6:00pm Mon-Fri & 9am - 4:00pm Saturdays

Toronto Store Hours: 7:30am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri & 10:00am - 5:00 pm Saturdays

The Floor Shop has built its business on referrals. For more than 30 years we have been supplying and installing Hardwood Flooring for both home and business, THAT’S ALL WE DO. Our knowledgeable Staff can help you make the right choices for your environment based on appearance, price, and traffic.