HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Milton  >  Tender Touch Moving & Storage

Reviews for Tender Touch Moving & Storage

CO in North York
CO in North York

Beware

Tender Touch, owned by Viktoria Inc., did my move but after they had my furniture, tried to jack the price of my move up $2,485.48 to $4,365.01. They also said they'd deliver in 5 days, but it ended up being 10. When the moving truck arrived on delivery day, they would not unload my furniture unless I paid the new super inflated price. I wouldn't agree to pay it and they packed up their gear, and drove away without unloading my furniture. I eventually got it back by contacting the Canadian Association of Movers, the Better Business Bureau, the CBC, and CTV, and writing a letter to the management of both Tender Touch and Viktoria Inc. quoting the Ontario Consumer Protection Act, 2002, c. 30, Sched. A, section 10, which states they have to stay within 10% of their original estimate, or else you are entitled to just pay just the estimate amount for their services and no more. It was a super stressful ordeal having your furniture withheld and not knowing if you're ever going to get it back, even if it was only for a few hours. Moving is stressful enough, this company made it a nightmare.

Hello Chris,
I was your contact on delivery and we spoke about how your actual scaled weight came in a lot higher then what was provided to you via email/phone. You gave a list to your moving consultant and no in home was done as typically a 1 bedroom apt as you indicated you were moving out of isn't necessary. There was no inflated price it was for all actual charges based on your scale ticket which we offered to re-scale with your presence to reassure you. We have been in business nearly over 20 years and we don't practice shady moves to inflate or manipulate clients. Our reputation is more important to us and so is our clients. We agreed to keep the charge as per estimate and delivered your goods. No hostage take over was done or planed on. We were simply only trying to collect on the actual scaled weight but we sought out to work with you as our clients come first so if this means taking a loss then be it.
There was no BBB, no CAM, no CBC neither CTV that you got help from. It was our great customer service, that approved to keep the charges as per estimate.
I also wanted to make sure we mention, that we did call you immediately when we received the scale tickets and informed you about the actual scaled weight and also explained why it came higher.

It is important that you reveal all the items you're planning to move to your new home and just so you understand, I would use the example from your business:
When client asks you to create the basic website with 5 pages, you quote him, agree on all the terms and suddenly you create it and he will insist on 10 more pages to be added to his web-site with
shopping cart added and would refuse to pay for it. This is exactly the same scenario - you need to move 5 items and suddenly we come to pick up and there is 3 x more, yes the price does change.

Even though I do not appreciate you're taking an advantage of us being nice, neither threatening us with all the social medias, I believe your review helps to educate all customers and help them to understand why scenarios like this one happens. I hope that potential clients can take this review with a grain of salt as the important thing is that we resolved this quickly and professionally to clients satisfaction without you needing help from any of the organization mentioned above.

Move from Toronto to Belleville

Had a great experience, the moving guys were hard workers, very friendly and careful but fast and efficient. They arrived at our final destination in good time and quickly got us unloaded. High praise for the office getting back with an estimate the same day. This company made arranging for a move very easy.

We are very happy to hear about your experience with our crew & company.

ADB Woods in Toronto
ADB Woods in Toronto

Packing and moving services

The packing and moving went very well. Initially we had an issue with the cost of the packing that was due to a misunderstanding between us and the office. This issue has now been resolved to our mutual satisfaction and I now unreservedly recommend Tender Touch for packing and moving services.

Review has 1 previous version

Glad we were able to resolve this for you and thank you for the kind words.

Feliypcity in Toronto
Feliypcity in Toronto

Moving out of storage

My items have been with Tender Touch for the past 6 years. This service is for moving out of the storage into a 3 level townhouse. Maria has been helpful throughout the past 6 years (billing and other inquiries) and also helped estimate the move out. She has always been able to answer and resolve inquiries that I have. The movers came during the estimated time frame and they were professional and efficient. At the end, the actual bill came out to be less than the estimate which is always a good thing rather than the other way around. I would recommend this company to others.

Hi
This is so kind of you to speak of the company, crew and of course myself with such high regards. Many thanks as you have always been a great client to deal with over all these years :)

Sita R in Richmond
Sita R in Richmond
1 review Richmond, BC

Move to BC

I would highly recommend Tender Touch and their other company Viktoria Moving. They did my pack and move from Toronto to the Lower Mainland of BC. All of their employees from packers to movers were polite, careful and likeable, on both ends of the move. Even when a few items were damaged, I was pleased with how the issue was resolved. Thanks to all of them! Moving is stressful no matter what. They made it so much less stressful than it could have been.

We will continue to do what is in our clients best interests whenever possible.
Thank you for the kind words!

Marla from North York
Marla from North York

Stress free moving day!

Today, the crew from Tender Touch made moving day, stress free. From Maria in the office, who effectively planned and accurately estimated the job, and was delightful to deal with. To the team of movers, Pedro and Marlo. They were organized, professional and a pleasure to work with.
My belongings were handled with TLC and everything arrived at the new address in tact.

Gratitude to Tender Touch, for a great move!

Marla D. Toronto

Hi Marla
So happy all went well and I do my best to assist my clients. Pedro and his team are delighted to hear you were happy and stress-free :)

Lorie Reynolds-Stroud in Ottawa
Lorie Reynolds-Stroud in Ottawa
1 review Cobourg, ON

Tender Touch is an Oxymoron

Our story has a moral to it. Don't wait until the movers leave to unwrap any breakables! And definitely don't wait as long as we did.
We moved almost 2 years ago now. We used Tender Touch movers to move us and to store our household items for 3 months while our new house was being built.
The movers keep their clients busy. We were asked to check off and itemize every box and tag them. We later found out that this works as clever ruse as the movers are able to place broken furniture in a corner surreptitiously. Before the movers left, we actually noticed the bottom of our wooden tv stand was broken. One of the movers took out a little tube of wood glue and tried unsuccessfully to fix it. My husband is handy and was able to repair it later.
After the movers left, we discovered a broken leg on a small antique table, a cracked side table attachment on our BBQ and a handle broken on my husband's work table. Like I said, my husband is handy and we didn't bother complaining. We were too busy moving into our new home.
One of the items we wrapped with care was an antique, gum wood and glass door. We bubble wrapped it and put cardboard around it. We instructed Tender Touch that this was to be handled with the utmost care as it had sentimental attachment. This was the door that was in the original home I grew up in.
Had we not have had to store our household items for 3 months, we would have taken the door with us right away, as we did with smaller valuables. In hindsight, we should have left it with a friend or relative. We will be starting our basement renovation soon and had thought we would use the antique door for one of the rooms. We just unwrapped it today.
We will always regret not unwrapping the door before the movers left. I tried to call Tender Touch but I was put on hold for so long I gave up. The only thing we can do now, after 2 years, is write our story and attach these pictures in the hope that we are able to spare at least one person from dealing with this company.
Tender Touch should be called 'Toss and Smash’.

Hello Lorie,
Sorry to hear about your experience as this is the first I am hearing about such damages. Not sure if you contacted our office because we are well known for addressing any concerns the clients have. As for crew hiding damaged items, this is a first as they know our policy is to report items and not hide things as we have a repair guy that would come out. I honestly don't have a record of your move as it would be archived after 6 months and yes waiting 2 years seems long but I would have been happy to address any damages you had and I am happy to review them now if you wish to contact me directly [email protected]

Never again  in Brantford
Never again in Brantford

Beware of this company

We hired tender touch moving to move us from Brampton to Peterbourough. During the move they broke my tv they gave me a email and name to get ahold of someone who would have my tv replaced . I sent everything in that I was asked to do. after that months went by with no one getting back to me. I was emailing calling etc and never no reply. 2 months ago I called and said if no one returns my call im going to get a lawyer involved so they did call me back , now I'm getting every excuse known to man kind . So now it's been 10 months and they still haven't done anything about the tv they broke.. They maybe good at wrapping up ur stuff but if anything is to happen they close the door in ur face and forget they're responsibility..

Hello Brenda

It's unfortunate that you feel this way but know that we have moved you many times and have not had any damages. When moving any items there is an element of risk for possible damage but as you know from experience with our team that they do what they can to protect all items. As you are aware as explained to your daughter who contacted us on this claim, this was a non claim since it was reported weeks after delivery however as a good will gesture we offered you $300 that you accepted.
Please kindly check your credit card bank statement or call them as the refund was applied to card ending # 1307 reference # 083052. I emailed you on April 17, 2017 shortly after you posted this review to advise you of the same since the phone umber we have on file for you is no longer in service.
If you need to speak to me directly please call 1-877-836-3378 ext 204

I hope you have a wonderful day

Maria

Downsized Seniors

- The team at Tender Touch was on time, neat as promised and very efficient. I would recommend them for any type of move and would use them again !

Hello
Sorry I don't know who this is but so appreciate the great comments. We are extremely happy that all went well on move day

More about Tender Touch Moving & Storage

Whether you're moving to Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton or around the corner, Tender Touch Moving & Storage of Toronto has been rated #1 in customer satisfaction for almost 20 years. Tender Touch Moving is the top moving company in any market near Toronto. We are rated "A" with the Better Business Bureau and are Certified Mover with the Canadian Association of Movers.

We sell packing supplies, boxes, paper, tape for all your self packing needs. Free delivery!

Services include, local moving, long distance/cross country moving across Canada, packing needs & unpacking, hoisting, piano moving, crating items, storage and commercial moves.

Tender Touch Moving also offers free in home estimates/consultation.

All of our trucks are full equipped and our staff is in uniform and friendly.

Give us a call today @ 416-654-4994