Taylor Moving & Storage Ltd

Ben Roczniak from Burlington
Ben Roczniak from Burlington
3 reviews Burlington, ON

Burlington move

Taylor moving has performed three different moves for me over the last 6 years. They have always proven to be very reliable and above all professional with a personal touch. They go above and beyond looking after the smallest details. Taylor Moving really does takes care. I would not hesitate to refer their services to family and friends.

Ben Roczniak

Nikita from Burlington
Nikita from Burlington
1 review London,

International Move

Im actually shocked to read some of the other reviews on here. Not at all my experience.

I would just like to say thank you to Arthur and Laura at Taylor Moving with a shipment I had from Canada to the UK. Both were an absolute pleasure to work with and gave very reasonable quotes.

Anyone thinking of using an international or long distance mover but might have concerns ... don't worry, you are in safe hands here. This is a moving company that clearly care about their clients being happy and not just the bottom line. That's who you want looking after your belongings!!

I've had nothing but problems with other moving companies that I have used. (Ive moved long distance and international several times so far) This is the first time nothing has gone horribly wrong. There was an issue w customs/duty but the sister company they used in the UK (Brittania) is just as wonderful and took care of it. (No additional costs to me)

I wish I would have used Taylor for my initial move here. Would've been way less of a headache! By far the least stressful moving experience I've ever had. Thanks so much! I can't recommend you enough!!!

Heather Stanley from Toronto
Heather Stanley from Toronto

Local Move was Great

I moved from Hamilton to Oakville and had Taylor pack and move the whole house.

The packers took most of the day and did a wonderful job. When we unpacked, there was NOTHING damaged. I expect to have some things brokend, cracked, damaged. But nothing at all was damaged.

The moving crew of 3 was excellent. They did everything exactly on time and the bill was exactly what we were quoted.

Taylor, today, picked up the remaining boxes. Again, on time.

I couldn't possibly be happier with a moving company. I spoke with Taylor over the phone twice for this move, and both times the ladies on the phone were helpful and very friendly. There is nothing more they could have done. They did exactly what I paid for.

I would hire them again in a second.

Warren
Warren

International Move

Horrible Company to deal with. Salesperson made promises that were not kept. Timelines were way off - showing up about two weeks later than promised. As well promised our stuff was to have remained in the same trailer from Canada to Mexico (which was very important to us as we were concerned about theft/breakage when moving between trailers at the Mexico Border). This was not the case. The stuff was repacked at least once into a different trailer.
Grand Piano would have been left at front door of Condo if it had not been for the people that work at our Condo who explained to the movers how to get the piano into the elevator. Had to find my own person to set up the piano despite their assurance that this was taken care of. $4000 table was broken beyond repair, Unirisc (insurance co) wanted to fix it and left it to me to find someone to repair in Mexico. Determined to not be able to be fixed. Insurance company paid $2000 and told us that when we replaced it they would pay the rest. Problem is it is not replaceable in Mexico which the insurance company acknowledged. Their solution, buy it in Canada and have it shipped ourselves (as they would not pay for the shipping or the insurance on it....). About $6000 in other stuff was missing which they will not acknowledge as they don't know where the boxes are and they did not feel that the stuff could have been taken out of other boxes. Taylor did all the packing for this move and as much of these items were bedding, we knew they left our house the day the truck arrived. According to a quote from Arthur Drewry the International Salesman, "it could be the case that they were not even packed and the fact that they are now missing could indicate theft." however they have not taken any ownership for this nor apparently does their insurance company cover this despite the fact that we paid in excess of $3000 for insurance on this move. As an aside, we also did a local move with them at the same time. Might give them a rating of 2 on that one. You could definitely tell they were being paid by the hour based on the number of breaks and the speed with which they moved. Buyer Beware.

We did in fact execute service on this move.
On international moves, we set up all insurance policies directly with the insurance company. The firm we use is UNIRISC.
When we do a move,we do a complete numbered inventory of the items moved including the boxes. This inventory is signed by the client as a complete list of the items moved.
When we delivered the goods,each item off this list was checked off as being received by the client. The $6000.00 in claimed missing bedding was therefore rejected by UNIRISC the insurance company.
The table was damaged,the only item in this shipment to be damaged. UNIRISC paid $2000.00 out right away and asked for a replacement receipt as is policy even though this table was repairable.
I am sure the missing bedding is still in their place here in Ontario.
The only issue with the piano was that our agent in Mexico needed to wait to get two extra people as the customer wanted the piano to go up two flights of stairs.
In the end,this move had only one damaged item out of over 300 pieces shipped and everything that was shipped was received by the client.

Ashley in Niagara falls
Ashley in Niagara falls
1 review Niagara Falls, ON

Cross country move from Ontario to Alberta

Taylor maybe be a good company for local moves but I have had nothing but issues with having to chase people around to find my things. I would call 2 times a day just to get no information and promises of a phone call or email by 5 pm each time. Which I only received 2 times. It took 17 days to get my stuff and that was only because I called to follow up so many times. They told me my stuff was in Alberta n it was still sitting in Burlington Ontario. Then when my stuff did arrive I got a call from the driver in the driveway after I told them I would not be available that day. I called to tell them n they sent the truck away, they then could not find my stuff or what happened to the truck for days. The guys who delivered my stuff who work for the affiliate company were great. But aside from that I wouldn't move a bird house with Taylor moving and storage. This is not my first cross country move, but it was the worst. Right from the start I had nothing but a bad experience, until the delivery.

V in Ajax
V in Ajax
1 review AJAX, ON

Move from Oakville

Simply put....TERRIBLE! Completely unprofessional. Stay far away from them! They don't even flush toilets when they use them. Disgusting! I would strongly encourage using another company. There are many companies out there that are much more professional.

I would really like to review the situation in detail but I do have any knowledge of when the move happened or have not been contacted by an unhappy client moving from Oakville to Ajax.
I would really like to discuss this,if indeed this is an actual customer with an actual complaint so please call me directly 1-800-263-9143 ext 312.
Rick Taylor

Dunham Group in Hamilton
Dunham Group in Hamilton
1 review Hamilton, ON

Business Move

We engaged Taylor Moving to help us move our offices. Their salesperson was at our office within a day and gave us an acceptable quote within another day. On the moving day they were on-time and prepared. Their crew actually moved more quickly than they thought and the price came in a little under the quote! Everything about the move went perfectly. They placed everything exactly where we wanted it and everything they moved was safe and sound. The Taylor crew was very friendly and accommodating and took the stress out of the move. This is our second move with them and we wouldn't do it any other way.

Bob Toronto
Bob Toronto
1 review Burlington, ON

Move from Toronto to Toronto

Movers were late and dirty one smelled like beer.Owner was very rude and operations manager was VERY unprofessional.Truck was a mess and broke down. MOVE FROM HELL!!!!Will never use Taylor moving again.Was over estimate and lots of damage.

Unfortunately we did not do a Toronto to Toronto move in the month of November as we are based in Burlington. I did review our dispatch books to confirm this. As a result,this review is fraudulent.
Rick Taylor

MS from Ajax
MS from Ajax
7 reviews Ajax, ON

Two "whole house" full service moves

First time was in 2003 moving from N Toronto to the Niagara region. It wasn't my choice - the company paid so it was a revelation having everything packed for you - THAT was a real joy - the team that showed up were from Newfoundland and needless to say they were "entertaining" and made the process thou roughly enjoyable. They stayed overnight and were quite a hit at the local pub in the evening!
So that part went well and everything went into storage for 3 months.

When everything came out of storage on my moving day 3 months later they were 12 hours late and all my linens were moldy. Took some time but they were good about replacing it through the insurance.

So the next time in Jan 2008 I moved I went will the same company pointing out my previous issues so they did not reoccur...

Kingsly came to assess the job...as I was paying this time I took a good deal more interest in the process. Kingsly came around and we had a discussion about what I wanted - I asked for the same as the last move - full service and storage for several months.

The day of the move they turned up 2 hours late. We did not live in the house as I had moved for work, so we had got there on the Friday night and had to dig away at 6ft of show down the entire lenth of our The first question I was asked was "where are your boxes?" - Um...no... You are doing the packing...
Then all hell breaks loose... Kingsly (who is always on lunch apparently) finally got back to me and told me that wasn't what he quoted on.... my wife who was there to witness when I gave him the instructions was in apoplexy...
After much commotion they finally agreed to do what they could but of course had to go back to the depot to get some boxes form the depot.... another 2 hours...on MY clock...
It goes without saying that they had to knock off at 5:30 because of "regulations" ....
Being as the house completed on Monday I HAD to be out on Sunday.... after some intense negotiations and a personal bribe of $500 to the crew leader on top of the clock...they agreed to come back on Sunday and complete the job.... we slept on the floor...

So finally everything was out and all my stuff was in storage again...
In March when I had it delivered to my new house there was little hassle other that the usual delays...5 hours this time because the booked another job before mine.... considering they were meant to be at my place at 9am I am confused as to how they intended to achieve this without ripping the fabric of the space-time continuum.... (Maybe they should hire Q from Star Trek to make their schedule actually work).
I was glad to see that nothing was moldy this time but a several items were badly broken.... this was due to pallets "shifting in storage" apparently and they lost a box of kitchen equipment....
The major items broken were a coffee table and an antique desk (legs snapped off) and my big Bombay Bed had rope burns on the finish...- there were lamps and mirrors etc too but these were not among my prize possessions... When it came to claiming my damages they insisted that the furniture would be repaired rather than replaced. Although unhappy, I agreed because that was my only choice. They sent a furniture repair lady around who took my stuff for a week (so I had to sleep in the spare room). The bed repair was great.... looked as good as new, but my desk and coffee table were abysmal! Basically they just glued the legs back on.... now the coffee table was only $400 and I can face the crack away from where it is too obvious... however my antique desk which was at least a $1000+ may years ago has had it's basic structural integrity compromised and of course visible breaks and repairs virtually wipe out the value of the piece.... I could have done the same job 9actually better) with No More Nails!

To be fair I was called by a Mr. Taylor and to review my bill…. Like the $600 charge to my credit card 6 weeks after the move because they “should have charged me more hours for traveling to my location”… which were actually the hours they were late!

As far as I am concerned, Taylor Moving and Storage failed to provide good customer service and only increased the stress of the moving process. I did finally have some issues addressed but only to a marginal sense of satisfaction and certainly not to the extent that I would consider ever using them again. I am not “cheap” and tend to pick contractors and service providers on quality rather than price. The bottom line is the money I paid here did not provide the level of service expected. I would look elsewhere in future….

More about Taylor Moving & Storage Ltd

Taylor Moving and Storage has been moving households to and from anywhere in the world since 1959.

Our trained and professional staff can assist with packing, unpacking, crating, moving and shipping. Our movers carefully handle furniture, appliances and every other aspect of your move.

We are family-owned and would welcome a chance to show you why "Taylor Takes Care".