Taj Rugs & Home

8400 Woodbine Ave Markham ON L3R 4N7

Reviews for Taj Rugs & Home

Shelly Veros in Mississauga
Shelly Veros in Mississauga

Great Selection to complete our room

The rug we purchased completely transformed our room- we just love being in this room now.
It is the perfect size, color and style to pull the whole room together.
Taj has such a huge selection we were overwhelmed when we first started but the knowledgable sales associate was able to make suggestions. We finally narrowed it down to two rugs and could not decide which would work best in our room. We equally loved them both! Inder offered us to take both rugs home so we could see it in our space. I'm so glad we did because as we put them down my husband and I knew right away which one we wanted. We are very pleased with our investment and will definitely be back when we are ready to furnish our other rooms.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Response

Thank you for responding to my concerns. And thank you for my refund. My main concern was not the timing of my refund as much as the attitude of the salesman. I have never had someone make me feel so guilty for changing my mind a few days later. I'm not sure why you assume the carpet I bought is inferior to yours. The only reason I posted this was to warn buyers. If you are not 100% sure of your choice of carpet you may have to deal with the response I did or as other reviews stated no cash refund but a credit note. Please question when they encourage you to try the carpet at home to see if it is suitable. The sales people have a DUTY to tell the customer that it's all sales final. That is the fair thing to do.

Private User reviews Hamilton, ON

Avoid this place

Do not buy a carpet at Taj carpet in Stoney Creek! I recently ordered a carpet from here and my credit card was charged in full right away. One week later I found another carpet I liked better at half the price. I called to cancel the order and was surprised with the unprofessional reaction I got. The salesman said I wasn't fair, he was going to get in trouble from his boss, and kept harassing me about why I cancelled the order. Funny thing was when I was looking at carpets he said I could try them at home. I would hate to see what would have happened if I actually had it delivered! I better see the refund in my credit card on Tuesday!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that your experience with us was less than satisfactory. Although, we must admit we are shocked to see this post today as we know the Salesman who assisted you at our Stoney Creek store did everything to ensure your refund was processed. You indicated you found another carpet you liked at half the price, and we are happy you found a piece that fit your needs, but from our understanding you ended up purchasing a similar style, but much lower quality piece. To clarify, your full-refund has already been processed in a timely manner, and could not have been done any earlier given the return was initiated on Friday mid-day and it was Thanksgiving long weekend and our Head Office was closed.

In this instance the Salesman did what he could to deliver on a positive experience and retain you as a customer. It is not clear where are efforts went wrong. We apologize for this poor experience and always strive for a positive experience with our customers.

Our VP will be following up to see what steps we can take to ensure you have a better experience.

Thank You.

Neil from Aurora
Neil from Aurora
1 review Hamilton, ON

Area Rug

I bought a 8x10 area rug from Taj Rugs. As soon as I walked into the store a friendly salesperson greeted me and started to inquire about my needs. It was a huge store with so much selection and he wanted to narrow down my search to best serve me. He was professional and not pushy at all. He spent the time with me and I finally decided on this beautiful area rug for my living room. I took it home and it looked better then I thought just as the salesperson had said based on my floor colour and furniture. I am so happy with this rug and would highly recommend anyone going to Taj Rugs to purchase area rugs. The service and knowledge is outstanding!

Sam from Woodbridge
Sam from Woodbridge
1 review Concord, ON

Area rug

my 6 x 8.5 ft rug came on time in 8 months, as promised. my area rug had colours very close to what i visualized and i was very content with my order. no complaints. if anyone needs a custom rug, go here.

Isha from Woodbridge
Isha from Woodbridge
2 reviews Woodbridge, ON

Handmade Area Rug

I heard about this place in Markham from a friend and decided to check it out during boxing week. Although i was very hesitant on what to buy, the sales staff was extremely helpful and very patient - helping me to choose the right size that i needed and also allowed me to take the rug home to see if it was a good fit!!! To my surprise, they only charged me once I was fully satisfied with the rug in my home. I will definitely be back in the future and I would recommend checking out the store. Great store, great staff.

Angela from Woodbridge
Angela from Woodbridge
1 review Woodbridge, ON

Shag Rug

I recently bought a shag rug for my condo. They were very helpful and showed me many colour options. I finally decided on one which I love in my room. I picked this up during their boxing week special so got a good deal as well. I was a little worried about the quality of shags but so far so complaints!

Nikita Robertson from Toronto
Nikita Robertson from Toronto

Carpet

We are very pleased with my recent purchase from Taj Carpets in Mississauga. They have a beautiful selection of carpets and were patient with us as it took 3 visits till we found the perfect rug for our home. They allowed us to take two rugs home to try out which definitely helped out. Great Service and I will recommend them in the future to any friends in the market for a new rug.

karen from Dundas
karen from Dundas
1 review Dundas, ON

area carpet

I purchased an area carpet from Taj Rugs also and had a very similar experience to the previous writer. I purchased this carpet and when I got it home, I realized that it looked dreadful in the room. I took it back and was told that it could be returned only for a credit as well. There was really nothing else there that suited my needs. The salesman told me that once the credit card went through with the payment head office does not allow a refund. This is the most dishonest company that I have ever dealt with!! Since when can you not have a refund if you have not be previously told that all sales are final (which I was not told). I took another rug home from a reputable carpet dealer for a trial and she did take my credit card number but I could keep it for 5 days before my card would be charged. She was very professional!!! Do not buy from this company unless you are absolutely sure that this is the carpet that you want.

Hi Karen

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us in regards to your experience with us. While investigating the complaint I did see you returned to the store earlier this week and we thank you for that. The VP of Taj Rugs will shortly be in contact with you to ensure we have retained you as a satisfied customer. Please accept our sincerest apology for your recent experience, your feedback is valuable and allows us to better ourselves as we strive to enhance our customer experience.

Cynthia from Oakville
Cynthia from Oakville

Carpet

Buyer beware at Taj Rugs. When shopping for a rug recently I saw a carpet at Taj Rugs in Mississauga, but was uncertain whether it would work in my living room. The salesman was very assertive, offering me a discount on the rug and assuring me repeatedly that there was no risk as I was welcome to try it out at home and return it if I wasn’t absolutely pleased. On that basis I agreed to buy the rug. When paying, the salesman raised the price he had quoted me by $50.00 and when I questioned this he said the lower price referred to a different rug, although both I and the friend accompanying me were quite sure this was not so. But I decided not to quibble over it. Then, when the receipt he gave me for the rug did not state the rug was returnable I asked him to handwrite a note on it to that effect. He wrote a note which, admittedly very stupidly on my part, I did not read. The note stated that the carpet could be exchanged rather than stating it could be returned and refunded.
Because I did not read the salesman’s handwritten note I am without legal recourse. However it should be noted the salesman was very emphatic about the sale being refundable, and both the Taj website and the price tags on the carpets claim that rugs may be taken home on approval. Furthermore subsequent anonymous phone and in-store inquiries both to the Mississauga store and to Mr. Vinod Kapoor of the Markham office elicited definitive statements that carpets could be tried at home and returned for full refund.
The end result is that I am stuck with an expensive credit note at a store which has no other product suitable for my needs, and whose shoddy, deceptive business practice makes it a distasteful operation to deal with. Again, buyer beware.

Review has 1 previous version
Looking for Carpet & Rug Retailers pros in Richmond Hill?