Swan Moving & Storage

15 Petrolia Street Guelph ON N1H 2V7
HomeStars  >  Moving & Storage in Guelph  >  Swan Moving & Storage

Reviews for Swan Moving & Storage

Baby Grand Piano Moved

I was really pleased with the care and efficiency Swan used in moving my baby grand piano. Great care was taken with all the pieces though narrow hallways and stairs -- not an easy move. Thank you!

Steve in Mississauga
Steve in Mississauga

BUYER BEWARE - DISHONEST Moving Co.

Swan Moving & Storage
519-821-6683
15 Petrolia Street
Guelph
N1H 2V7

BUYER BEWARE****

We were over charged by $300 and the job was not done. We made a deal for $1050 + 10% (if the job went over time) +HST. That should have been Approx $1300. That was a firm deal in writing.

We were given a bill for nearly $1650 and they cited having to wait extra time (which we negotiated) and they didn't put the second bed together or have to move many items.

I had to argue just to get the price back down to the agreed upon deal.

THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WORD. CHOOSE A DIFFERENT COMPANY.

It is not our policy nor good business to ever argue with a client ...We regret that Steve in Mississauga has formed such a negative opinion of our company... Swan Moving is happy to have settled with this client at the agreed-upon price and wish him the very best in his new location ....Mike Swan... owner/operator of Swan Moving & Storage since 1972

1 review Guelph, ON

Not informed of excess hold on Visa

Movers were on time, polite and did a good job. Went to use my Visa afterwards and it got declined. I don't have a large credit limit as I don't use it often. Ends up they put a $1900 approval on my Visa without telling me. Estimate was between $1200 to $1400. They had no right to do this and did not seem to think they did anything wrong. I get it that people don't pay sometimes but you have to inform people what you are doing with their credit card! Frustrating response!!

Dear private user..Thank you for your recent business. Your comments are important to us. When a client books with us we ask for a Visa or MasterCard number to confirm service. At this time it is our job to inform this client that on the morning of the job Swan Moving will take a pre-authourization of the charge card given for the amount we think the job will be. Then at jobs end we will run the actual amount and cancel the pre-authourization. If we failed to inform you of this practice then we apologize. Thank you for your kind comments on the service you did receive. Again I apologize for any misunderstanding and inconvenience caused. Mike Swan. owner/operator since 1972

Travis Sachs from Guelph
Travis Sachs from Guelph

Moving

Movers were friendly and nothing was damaged but only went about half speed. We had new appliances so they did not have to move any appliances. They also had no beds to move as those were moved previously. So even at their slow pace, the move only took 5 hours and 20 minutes. The movers however felt that 6 1/2 hours was fair. We were not told about paid travel time , but even so , their office was only 13 minutes away. We called the owner (mike), and he was incredibly rude and suggested we find another moving company next time an d he really didn't care what we thought. He said half hour travel time each way was what it was. This was never quoted up front. The driver and movers were Proffesional and friendly but the price was a bit high. There are other movers to go with.

Mike Mullen Guelph, Ontario
Mike Mullen Guelph, Ontario
2 reviews Guelph, ON

Move across town

I used these guys to move to my new home. It was a little more expensive than renting a truck and moving with my friends but the speed of everything and not having to organize and worry about my friends smashing everything was worth it. Well worth the money to hire professional movers.

More about Swan Moving & Storage

Swan Moving & Storage is well known for its quality moving services. We appreciate your business and respect your goods. Please call 519 821 8883. Mike Swan Owner/ operator since 1972