Sure-Way Paving Ltd

Reviews for Sure-Way Paving Ltd

Miki in Toronto
Miki in Toronto

Weeds on a driveway

I engaged Sal to redo my driveway in the fall of 2017. I was initially pleased with the work done but now that spring arrived, weeds have popped up throughout the driveway. It's quite clear that they didn't use enough asphalt on the driveway. From what I can tell at this point, it only appears to be an inch or so of asphalt.
When I called Sal to report the issue he seemed very surprised but assured me that he was going to come by and check it out. He never did. I have left several voicemails, texts, texts with pictures of the issue and haven't received any responses. The head office doesn't return my calls either.
I am very disappointed with this situation and would never recommend Sure-Way in any way whatsoever.

Great jobs

I hired Paul to escavate and pave a parking this past year and I am very happy with the result. The whole job took around one week to complete from start to finish including the installation of a catch basin. Overall looks great.

K Wilhelm in Mississauga
K Wilhelm in Mississauga

Driveway repaving

While the quoted cost and professional manner of the company representative started off as a dream come true, now that the job is completed it is more of a nightmare. The workers showed up on July 25th after a heavy rainstorm and assured us this was not a problem. The project took an hour and we were told not to step on or park for at least 2 days so the asphalt could settle. After day 3 we inspected the driveway and found the job unsatisfactory. There were large holes in the asphalt where the gravel below is exposed. No care was taken to complete straight edges and asphalt was dumped over pieces of garbage that had blown on the driveway during the job. I was actually able to remove a large piece of plastic that was bubbling up from the asphalt. Needless to say it was not a proper job. In following up with the company rep we have been given the run around (except when a formal complaint was finally made against the company) and then conversations only lead to false promises and noncommittal responses.
Would not recommend unless you want a headache and a crappy driveway.

Grace fumo in Toronto
Grace fumo in Toronto
1 review Simcoe County, ON

Driveway paving

I had my driveway paved this year by Sureway paving. I dealt with a nice gentleman by the name of Sal. Great quality of work and service, very professional. I I referred them to my sister and her husband to which she also stated they did a remarkable job, on her driveway.
Great service

Ana Carrilho from Scarborough
Ana Carrilho from Scarborough
3 reviews Scarborough, ON

repaving and extending driveway

Al from Sureway gave me the lowest estimate and gave me a breakdown of what they would do to my driveway....well, I think he should've told Paul cuz Paul didn't comply very well. Right from the get go I told Al that the stones weren't mixed well into the asphalt. But, he insisted that it was fine...well before winter came, weeds were already growing in the driveway. By next spring it was a horror. In most places they only laid down 1/2 inch of asphalt...the driveway was all wavy and the stones were coming out causing holes, it was cracking and lifting from weeds. After several ignored emails to Paul, I finally threatened to report him and he finally contacted me. Paul agreed to fix the boulevard which I actually thought was in the best condition...his crew just added more asphalt, overflowing it to the curb and sidewalk and didn't compress it enough. He paid another company. to fix the driveway and seal it but they refused to do it, they said Paul should clean up his own mess. My driveway which was done in late 2010 looks like it's 10 yrs old. Holes, cracks, lifting, weeds growing, stones falling out...So, basically, now I have to pay someone else to fix the holes and seal the driveway because I can't afford to have it redone.

Tiffany  from East York
Tiffany from East York
1 review East York, ON

Drive Way

Your company was referred to me by a friend whose driveway you had done as well as her sister’s. Over a period of about a month I obtained 3 or 4 estimates and found yours to be the best considering the work to be done...Having had the driveway done unsatisfactorily about 3 years ago, I am very pleased with the work done by your men who were very pleasant and polite...I have recommended your company to a friend...Many thanks for a job well done

Paula Alonzi from Vaughan
Paula Alonzi from Vaughan

Great Work Sure-Way !!

I needed my driveway done last summer and contacted Paul of Sure-Way Paving to provide me with a quote and compared his work and the quote to other Paving contractors his quote best matched my budget and my needs. Paul and his crew were on time in getting my driveway completed and I was extremely pleased with the service and the way Paul and his team worked together great work my driveway looks fantastic...I will recommend Sure-Way Paving to my neighbours...thanks again Sure-Way! Paula from Vaughan

M Francis from Bradford
M Francis from Bradford
1 review Bradford, ON

Paving

Paul and his team did a wonderful job paving my driveway. The job was completed on time, and the crew was very knowledgeable and courteous. I am very satisfied with the results. I would highly recommend Sure-Way.

Josie from Mississauga
Josie from Mississauga

Paving Work

From start to finish, Sure-Way Paving did a fantastic job. Workmanship was top-notch. I was completely satisfied with the end results. My driveway looks like velvet. I would definitely recommend this company without question.

Dennis In Scarborough in Scarborough
Dennis In Scarborough in Scarborough
1 review Scarborough, ON

Driveway Paved

In April of 2009 I had my driveway paved by Sureway. The following
spring I noticed fractures in the pavement near the curb and contacted
Paul. He said he would get right on it. I never heard back from Paul. In the spring of 2011 the fractures were now many and the bottom of the driveway actually had lifted. I contacted Sureway in April and Paul
called back to say he would get someone to check it out and when they were back in the area they would fix my problem. Today July 5th,2011 I still have not heard from Paul, I left him a message and I really do not expect to hear from him.....Beware.

More about Sure-Way Paving Ltd

Sure-Way Paving Ltd. is a family-owned business incorporated since 1993. We have over 20 years of experience in the paving business, both residential and commercial including parking lots, driveways, curbs, and more. Sure-Way Paving Ltd. specializes in all facets of asphalt paving, concrete work and interlocking stone. No job is ...